• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

NETGEAR WNR2000-100NAS Wireless-N Router 802.11b/g/n up to 300Mbps/ 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Port x4 - Newegg.com
Disclaimer
NETGEAR WNR2000-100NAS Wireless-N Router $29.99 With Promo Code: EMCYTZT5392 Free Shipping! at Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122235 

• N300
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • CD-Less Installation
  • Guest Network Access
  • Wireless Repeater mode
  • NETGEAR Genie w/ Airprint
  • Live Parental Control
  • Window 8 compatible

Member Summary
This secure wireless router features a double firewall for the utmost security. Your files and PCs are hidden from outside users thanks to Network Address Translation technology. The Stateful packet inspection firewall also denies outside requests for information. The router also features an Exposed host (DMZ) for gaming securely.

You'll also appreciate the excellent performance as the router offers exceptional range and speed. The router is easy to setup and automatically downloads updates to keep you protected with the latest securities. Getting on the Internet shouldn't be a scary event and with the NETGEAR WNR2000 router, it never will be.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Updated the original post.

Refurb available for $19, OP might wanna update. LINK

flyhighutah said:   Refurb available for $19, OP might wanna update. LINK
  Personally I do not like refurbs when it comes to something like this. There are some things I'll buy refurbished but not routers. It can be a whole lot of time and trouble if a router has a problem and I just don't trust refurbs. Thanks for the information tho and since you already put a link If anyone does want to buy the refurbed one they should see it and can. Have a nice day.

i own this; i bought it new and it lasted 1 year before the wifi component went completely kaput. it was plugged into a APC UPS unit, so it was spoon fed conditioned power with no fluctuations. if you plan on using it as an access point and disabling dhcp, it works, but not intuitively. the GUI shows "no WAN connection" when you use it as an access point, even though one exists.

replaced mine with an ASUS N900 router and exotic configurations (with ipv6) which took me 4 hours to figure out how to implement on the N300 netgear unit shown here took me 30 minutes to set up on the ASUS.

this router is extremely basic, and with 24x7 usage it doesn't seem to be durable.

I own that exact same router. So much better than my older router and like you said its so easy to setup and configure have not had a problem with it yet. Have a nice day

no kidding, you got the asus rt-n66 too? good work

Yeah I have had it for about 3 weeks now. Decided it was finally time to upgrade.

I own eight of the refurb WNR2000 units, bought from Newegg. All are v2 (Broadcom hardware). Four of them have DD-WRT. The other four are backups, and aren't flashed.

Previously, I had used four WNR834Bv2 units, all with DD-WRT.

All have been very solid routers. However, after about 3 years 24/7, the power adaptors on a couple of them went. Bought some new replacement power bricks on eBay.

Glad to hear they have been so good for you. Thats pretty good owning 8 and thats the only problem you've had.

Bought a couple of v2 of this and flashed them with ddwrt. Still going strong more than a year... almost two.

carlgustavjung said:   Bought a couple of v2 of this and flashed them with ddwrt. Still going strong more than a year... almost two.
  Nice to hear. I'm glad they have worked so good for you.

Gotta love Newegg!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014