• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Boot
Disclaimer
Nordstrom is taking up to 50% off select Shoes for a limited time. Free Shipping

Nordstrom Shoe Sale 

Member Summary

shoes
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Dress Shoe
Thanks ArtieLange
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Updated original post

ArtieLange (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 3:32p) |

BIG difference between customer service, return policy at Nordstrom vs STP - even for clearance items. For something lik... (more)

shank (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 5:15p) |

Quick example of the service mentioned. I'm typically like KidCharliemain above (I'm cheap and use Nordstrom to baseline... (more)

cheapmonkey (Jan. 30, 2014 @ 11:05p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You should post a pic of dress/work shoes too. I picked up a new pair of Ecco's for $129, saved $40. Thanks OP!

Your welcome and thanks for the tip I look for some pics.

thanks. i picked up a pair of magnannis for $167. typically these are over $300 in store, they were 50% off. that is cheaper than what defective ones on eBay go for...

idrobnjak said:   thanks. i picked up a pair of magnannis for $167. typically these are over $300 in store, they were 50% off. that is cheaper than what defective ones on eBay go for...
  Your welcome. I hope you really like them. Have a nice day.

I COULD USE A NEW PAIR OF DRESS SHOES

Well they have a couple of good pairs cheap

I'm sorry but even at 50% off, I don't consider a $167 pair of shoes "cheap shoes". I struggle with Payless BOGOs at $24.99

handsgo said:   I'm sorry but even at 50% off, I don't consider a $167 pair of shoes "cheap shoes". I struggle with Payless BOGOs at $24.99
  I agree with you but some people in business and people that have money might consider $167 cheap. Personally my pair of $70 work boots are fine with me and they usually last about a year.

Thanks I got those 1/2 off boots in the picture...

Your welcome I hope you like them.

None of the Campers are on sale. I'm disappointed.

jml366 said:   None of the Campers are on sale. I'm disappointed.
  Sorry man.
 

ArtieLange said:   
jml366 said:   None of the Campers are on sale. I'm disappointed.
  Sorry man.

  You don't have to respond to every single message. 

I can respond to people if I want to. Alot of times its to help, sometimes to thank people for their help, and various other reasons. Stay out of mt posts if it bothers you so much. Have a nice day.

Unbelievable.

Some decent prices on Sanuk slides for us FL folk!

esoterica said:   
ArtieLange said:   
jml366 said:   None of the Campers are on sale. I'm disappointed.
  Sorry man.

  You don't have to respond to every single message. 

  You don't have to click 'red' on all of his responses...............but ya did.

Are you one of those guys that kick puppies and throw rocks at children for fun?

handsgo said:   I'm sorry but even at 50% off, I don't consider a $167 pair of shoes "cheap shoes". I struggle with Payless BOGOs at $24.99
  you have not experienced "good shoes" then 

Thank you TheSpruceDeuce

Looks like the inventory has changed since yesterday - might be worth another look.

I never like to threadcrap on a deal, but my personal experience has been that Nordstrom's prices are always higher, even on clearance. This comes with the caveat that Nordstrom's customer service is generally regarded as top level, so they do command a premium.

In a case like this I would use Nordstrom as a price barometer; check through their clearance selection to see the style being discontinued and then search for that item elsewhere at a lower price.

Example: The KEEN NOPO boot in black at Nordstrom (pictured in the OP) is priced at $119.90 with free shipping (+ state tax in Illinois) grand total $127.99 shipped. 30 seconds of Google Fu brings me the same boot at Sierra Trading Post (more sizes available at Nordstrom though) same price $119.90 plus $10.95 shipping but add Keycode SITEBUY114 and Sierra lops off 20% (no tax in Illinois) bringing it down to  $106.91, beating Nordstrom by $20+.

Just one example, but I strongly recommend a quick search/compare before pulling the trigger at Nordstrom if you're super cheap (like me).

Hey I understand if you can find the set of shoes you want cheaper somewhere else go for it. Thats what we are here for is to save as much as we can.

Updated original post

KidCharliemain said:   I never like to threadcrap on a deal, but my personal experience has been that Nordstrom's prices are always higher, even on clearance. This comes with the caveat that Nordstrom's customer service is generally regarded as top level, so they do command a premium.

In a case like this I would use Nordstrom as a price barometer; check through their clearance selection to see the style being discontinued and then search for that item elsewhere at a lower price.

Example: The KEEN NOPO boot in black at Nordstrom (pictured in the OP) is priced at $119.90 with free shipping (+ state tax in Illinois) grand total $127.99 shipped. 30 seconds of Google Fu brings me the same boot at Sierra Trading Post (more sizes available at Nordstrom though) same price $119.90 plus $10.95 shipping but add Keycode SITEBUY114 and Sierra lops off 20% (no tax in Illinois) bringing it down to  $106.91, beating Nordstrom by $20+.

Just one example, but I strongly recommend a quick search/compare before pulling the trigger at Nordstrom if you're super cheap (like me).

  BIG difference between customer service, return policy at Nordstrom vs STP - even for clearance items. For something like shoes, the $20 premium is a bargain for some.

Quick example of the service mentioned. I'm typically like KidCharliemain above (I'm cheap and use Nordstrom to baseline then find a cheaper pair elsewhere by 10-20). BUT, I came across a similar FW deal a couple of years ago and thought to try out Nordstrom. Two weeks ago the heel on one of my shoes separated from the rest of the shoe. I went to the store and they IMMEDIATELY offered a free repair to be picked up in 3 days. No questions asked, not a blink that the shoes were 2 years and 3 months old. I went back 5 days later and the salesman went to the back to get my shoes. To his astonishment the cobbler had not picked the shoes up for repair for whatever reason. I thought "great - the service was all hype." The salesman barely let that thought sink in before he offered a solution I wasn't ready for. "Sir, if it's okay with you I would like to give you a brand new pair." Amazingly, he did so without any approvals, without a manager getting involved, without ANY hassle at all. The total transaction took maybe 5 minutes from when I walked into the store and I had a brand new pair of shoes. I was impressed and glad I chose (for once) not to chase the $10 savings elsewhere...



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014