• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Wendy’s Restaurants has a key-tag promotion. When you purchase a Key-Tag for $1.00, You show or tell the Cashier your key-tag every time you place an order whether drive-thru or in store just show your "2014" Wendy's Frosty Key-Tag and you'll receive absolutely FREE a 6 oz Jr Frosty until 12/31/2014 (Any Flavor).  Proceeds benefits the Dave Thomas Foundation For Adoptions

You purchase the Wendy's Tag at the Wendy's Restaurant and NOT thru Daves Thomas Foundation. 
The website is listed in case you wanted to know where you money helps benefits.

NOTICE: Some Wendy's do not yet have the 2014 Key-Tags at their Restaurant, 
However if you have already purchased a 2014 Key-Tag at another Wendy's, They will honor yours for a FREE Jr Frosty.

Member Summary

Buy Wendy's KeyTag $1 & Receive Free Frosty's For A Year w/ Purchase
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
  I just checked my 2014 Key-Ring and it says Expires 12/31/2014 - Maybe it depends in the Region your in.

BigBoyMichigan (Mar. 12, 2014 @ 5:25p) |

I always buy 1 for each car. Reason: I do not want to turn off the engine to show the key tag. Good cause, worth it.

dynocdg (Mar. 26, 2014 @ 5:32a) |

My Wendy's just gives me a coupon for a One Jr Frosty.

lyubomirb (Mar. 26, 2014 @ 3:29p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

2 oz? lol Appreciate the post but how do they even give you a 2 oz cup? That's smaller than a paper Dixie cup.

2 oz? isn't that the same solo container that they put ketchup into?  

AFAIK there is no 'Baby' frosty. The smallest they have is a 4oz Junior Frosty, and that's what I've always gotten when I used my key fob. I'm referring to http://www.wendys.com/en-us/frosty/jr-original-chocolate-frosty for the sizes they offer and http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/wendys-chocolate-frost... as it has an amount in oz (that actually shows it as lower in calories than the wendy's site, oddly)

Agree...my 2013 Frosty Tag refers to a Jr. Frosty. When we used it last, it looked to be closer to a 4 oz cup...the "child size". Only used it twice, I think, but even if I didn't, the $ goes to a great charity.

YMMV, the west coast doesn't seem to participate in these deals, at least not near me in SF bay area.

Long standing promotion at least around here. (East Coast)

Not sure of the number of ounces, but it's a very small frosty that can be consumed in 2 or 3 bites. For a one-time $1 fee that goes to a good cause, I can't complain. However, I would never make a trip to a Wendy's solely to get something this small either paid or free. You'd spend more on gas than the value of the thing, even in a Prius nevermind a Crown Vic. The rules for this promo require you to buy something else anyways.

Buy one for each car and leave them at the bottom of a cup holder or change slot.

Well I would agree about spending gas just to buy 1 item to get a Jr Frosty. But I usually will go on a Wendy's run when someone buys me something there when I pick up their meal and besides its a FREE Frosty. Who cares what size it is as long as its FREEEEEEEEEEE    

We Still have Halloween coupons left.
After they're gone we always take advantage of this offer.       Thanks OP

macguy said:   
Buy one for each car and leave them at the bottom of a cup holder or change slot.

Do you have separate key rings for different cars?  Put it on your key ring (that's why they are called key tags).

Would this not be about equal size to the soft serve product you buy elsewhere in a cone or cup?

I had the Jr Frosty Today and its the size of scoop of ice cream. My friends got a good laugh on viewing it.

Does it say "purchase required" anywhere on it?

I get one of these every year and love it. Yes it's a tiny little Frosty, but I actually like that because it's a cold sweet treat without too much guilt. I haven't gotten one this year yet and sadly removed my 2013 tag only yesterday, thanks for the heads up.

Somewhat responsible dessert portion size?!? UnAmerican!!

hit wendy's last weekend and they had a sign on the drive-thru that the 2013 tags have expired and the 2014 ones will go on sale "in a few months"
for me ,the only thing better than Ice cream is FREE Ice cream

We have been getting these for years. Perfect for the family. Just the right size treat without the need to buy the expensive desert. By the way, they only have so many per store, so when they sell out, they are gone at that store. Last year I paid $2.00 per tag at a store just north of the Chicago Illinois boarder as my store was already sold out. Still a great deal - charity & treats!

glenatuf said:   Somewhat responsible dessert portion size?!? UnAmerican!!
  reminds me of Parks and Rec. Episode. Baby size=  fit a baby in it!

How do you purchase the tag? When I clicked on donate it wants me to donate a minimum of $5.00. I am not seeing anything that says anything about purchasing a key-tag.

You purchase the Wendy's Tag at the Wendy's Restaurant and NOT thru Daves Thomas Foundation.
The website is listed in case you wanted to know where you money helps benefits.

NOTICE: Some Wendy's do not yet have the 2014 Key-Tags at their Restaurant,
However if you have already purchased a 2014 Key-Tag at another Wendy's, They will honor yours for a FREE Jr Frosty.

Buy one small frosty and get free junior frosty!!!

I personally am okay with the size. For a long period, my lunch consisted of one $1 burger, $1 chicken burger, $1 fries, and free Jr frosty. Pretty good for $3.

I wanna free Jr. frosty for a year....too bad it's only in the DC, MD and NoVa area

Got one in Peoria, Illinois. Two, actually. They said they had 15 left and there were no signs whatsoever.

how do i redeem this?
you tell them you want a free frosty on the drive thr speaker or you just show them the key at the drive thr window?

It is a decent size considering most of the time you are eating it after a huge combo meal!

netnerd said:   how do i redeem this?
you tell them you want a free frosty on the drive thr speaker or you just show them the key at the drive thr window?

Either way is fine.

I called 5 South Texas locations.. NO one knows about this offer..

Thanks OP!!!!

macguy said:   Long standing promotion at least around here. (East Coast)

Not sure of the number of ounces, but it's a very small frosty that can be consumed in 2 or 3 bites. For a one-time $1 fee that goes to a good cause, I can't complain. However, I would never make a trip to a Wendy's solely to get something this small either paid or free. You'd spend more on gas than the value of the thing, even in a Prius nevermind a Crown Vic. The rules for this promo require you to buy something else anyways.

Hoof it and burn off the calories while being green.

What is that, a frosty for ants?

My Mom gets this every year and always suggests it to others. I've never gone to a Wendy's that knew what I was talking about though.

whudgens2 said:   I called 5 South Texas locations.. NO one knows about this offer..
   My San Antonio Wendy's has it!

I thought I read a '6 oz' frosty?!?! And I actually do go to Wendy's just for a yummy chocolate frosty quite frequently. Sound really good right now as a matter of fact.......

We have a Wendy's about 500 feet from our Costco, so if I had this keytag, we'd probably use it at least once a month while we shop at Costco.

starchpoodle said:   It is a decent size considering most of the time you are eating it after a huge combo meal!  
You're doing it wrong. To maximize the value, you buy one of two 99-cent burgers to get the free shake. Otherwise you're wasting money on high-profit-margin fries and coke.

Thank you. 

It looks like the coupon now expires 8/31/14.

knickdigger said:   
starchpoodle said:   It is a decent size considering most of the time you are eating it after a huge combo meal!

You're doing it wrong. To maximize the value, you buy one of two 99-cent burgers to get the free shake. Otherwise you're wasting money on high-profit-margin fries and coke.

Some people like me are odd. I never order combo meal, fries or drink. Water is always free. The Jr Frosty might help me regain the calories I am lacking. After 3 or 4 value meal items.

Skipping 12 Messages...
My Wendy's just gives me a coupon for a One Jr Frosty.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014