Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon.com : Apple TV MD199LL/A : Led Televisions : Electronics
Disclaimer
Apple TV MD199LL/A $89.00 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MD199LL-A-TV/dp/B007I5JT4S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1389428506&sr=1-1&keywords=Apple+TV
Key Features

• Buy or rent from the largest selection of HD movies--over 15,000 titles.
  • Buy commercial-free HD TV shows--over 90,000 TV episodes.
  • Stream from the huge Netflix catalog of movies and TV shows (subscription required).
  • Browse and play YouTube and Vimeo videos, access online Flickr photos, watch HD podcasts, and listen to Internet radio.
  • Wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your widescreen TV.1
  • View the most recent photos taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud (requires iCloud-enabled device).
  • Watch live and archived MLB, NBA, and NHL games in HD.2
  • With an iTunes Match subscription you can listen to all of your favorite songs in your iCloud library from your HDTV.3
  • Enjoy all the photos, music, and videos on your computer on the best TV and speakers in the house.
  • Stream everything you watch over 802.11n Wi-Fi.
  • Simple setup with a single HDMI cable for both audio and video (cable sold separately).

Member Summary

Apple TV
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
1080p HD programming, including iTunes movies and TV shows, Netflix, Vimeo, photos and more in HD
Access your purchased movies, TV shows, and music with iTunes Match right from iCloud
Stream video, games, and more from iOS devices using AirPlay; music, videos, and photos can also be streamed from PCs and Macs
HDMI and digital optical audio output; connects to network via Wireless-N or Ethernet
Apple TV is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Love my apple tv. Airstream is just about the only benefit over the Roku box. If you don't run IOS, iPhone, iPad then Roku maybe a less expensive alternative.

Yeah I like mine to. Its really great

What is airstream? †same as AirPlay?†
I have the previous generation Apple TV (v2?), also have couple of Roku boxes and chromecast dongle. I feel that each of them is short of something, Apple in terms of content, Roku in terms of mirroring (also international content, (thanks to their deal with Dish), well chromecast is just chromecast, lot of potential but slow to get app support.†

Also, the devices are heterogeneous, MBPs, PCs, Androids and IPads. †I just hope some uniform mechanism is available, but that can never be the case I guess with everyone trying to protect their turf and their beliefs

Here's a link for what Airplay does: https://www.apple.com/airplay/

I know airplay. What is airstream on appletv?

sanjath said:   I know airplay. What is airstream on appletv?
† It was a misnomver ... poster meant airplay.

The best of the streaming boxes, but only if you are invested in the Apple ecosystem. If you are, it's a must-have.

Airstream is what some people have called it. I've seen it mentioned before. It's just AirPlay. If you have an iPhone or iPad, it's amazing. Guide to setup here http://thecreativealternative.com/apple-tv-features/† shows screenshots that may give you a better idea before buying.Of course always remember to check fatwallet's CashBack options.

mchael said:   Airstream is what some people have called it. I've seen it mentioned before. It's just AirPlay. If you have an iPhone or iPad, it's amazing. Guide to setup here http://thecreativealternative.com/apple-tv-features/††shows screenshots that may give you a better idea before buying.Of course always remember to check fatwallet's CashBack options.
† Thanks for the better explanation and link. I didn't really explain too well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014