• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1. This deal REQUIRES the order be phoned into Staples at 1 800 3 Staples OR via Kiosk in store.

2. Using this link: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/620007/Nestl-Pure-Life-Purified-Bottled-Water/   price match the $2 price to the SAME EXACT item at Staples here
http://www.staples.com/Nestle-Pure-Life-Bottled-Purified-Water-169-oz-Bottles-24-Case/product_571863?externalize=certona 

There does not appear to be a limit to how many you can order at Office Depot, so essentially, you can order 10 cases at this price for $20

3. YOU CAN use Staples Rewards or Gift Cards to pay for this deal.

4. MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT CHARGED TAX-- this item is NOT taxable in the majority of states.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Scamming Staples because Office Depot has a limit of 2.  Hope you get banned from Staples.

Luniz97 (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 10:05a) |

Bite me!

There was no limit on the OD site when this was posted yesterday, and it was Staples (not I) that set the limit ... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 10:15a) |

back in the 90s I went into a Staples in mesa AZ and the mgr wouldn't do the price match even though they called wal mar... (more)

bluediamond2077 (Jan. 16, 2014 @ 1:45p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

OD summary
Disclaimer

OD order 2
Disclaimer
Or you could order direct from Office Depot and get free shipping using their subscription delivery service.  Cancel before next delivery.
10-cases for $20.35 shipped.  ( $ .084/bottle

Or use OD $10 off $50   45721251
and get 25 cases for $40.70 ( $ .067/bottle)

robby69 said:   Or you could order direct from Office Depot and get free shipping using their subscription delivery service.  Cancel before next delivery.
10-cases for $20.35 shipped.  ( $ .084/bottle

Or use OD $10 off $50   45721251
and get 25 cases for $40.70 ( $ .067/bottle)

yes, true, but Staples doesn't require a "huge" order if all you need are 3-4 cases. Plus this deal is intended for those of us 1) sitting on gift cards or rewards to cash out on stuff and/or don't want to mess with a subscription service.

Granted about being able to use the rewards, but if you have no rewards/gift cards you can order as little as one 1-case with subscribe at OD and have it shipped free and cancel online just like Amazon SS's.  
Most importantly, not have to deal with "live" Staples Reps people ! 
Wasn't TC'ing...great deal either way !

How long can unopened bottles of water be stored?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which regulates the bottled water industry, does not require a shelf life for bottled water. Bottled water can be used indefinitely if stored properly.

How should I store the water?
Bottled water should be stored in a cool (i.e. room temperature), dry environment away from sources of odor, such as household cleaning products, solvents such as gasoline, paint thinners and other toxic or odorous materials, and away from direct sunlight. A partially consumed bottle should be capped when not being consumed.

And remember, this is not spring water, this is just tap water that they have bottled. Personally, I never understood why you would buy "Purified Water" and not just take your own tap water and fill up bottles. Spring water is one thing (I personally find it tasting much better than tap water, and I know there are people here that will scream they both taste the same, to each their own)but purified water makes no sense.

jpessin3 said:   Personally, I never understood why you would buy "Purified Water" and not just take your own tap water and fill up bottles. purified water makes no sense.

There are MANY municipalities in this country that while the tap water is safe to drink, its taste leaves much to be desired.  If you are lucky enough to have city or well water that is good tasting, then this deal is not for you.  However if you don't, not only is this a great deal, but you don't have to lug those couple of cases every week from the store.

Called in the order to Staples. They already had this set up in their system. However, was told the limit is 5. Could probably call in tomorrow (or later) for more...Or go to kiosk in-store.

zukemania said:   Called in the order to Staples. They already had this set up in their system. However, was told the limit is 5. Could probably call in tomorrow (or later) for more...Or go to kiosk in-store.
  Office Depot BM sale ad, says limit 2 per person/business, but OD let me order 10-cases on subscription delivery.

Sorry for missing something obvious perhaps, but why does this deal not work in-store? Or are you saying the big advantage of ordering it online/phone is to avoid lugging all that water home yourself?

Staples does not honor anymore pricematch as Office Depot is out of stock online

wfay said:   Sorry for missing something obvious perhaps, but why does this deal not work in-store? Or are you saying the big advantage of ordering it online/phone is to avoid lugging all that water home yourself?

Staples stores do not carry the Nestle water, that's why. (in my area anyway)

lampoon60 said:   Staples does not honor anymore pricematch as Office Depot is out of stock online
  Depends on you zipcode for local delivery.  Still available in mine...Plus Staples can just view the national AD.

I called online customer support and they said they cannot honor price match as OD is out of stock

ordered 25 cases from OD so far it looks like its gone through.

sold out online at OD?

Saw this deal at my local OD.  Picked up two cases since it was the posted limit.

wfay said:   Sorry for missing something obvious perhaps, but why does this deal not work in-store? Or are you saying the big advantage of ordering it online/phone is to avoid lugging all that water home yourself?
  Lugging them is probably the issue.  While picking up 2 packages of 5 reams of paper (I won't chance it and call it a case or half a case) and photo paper, I picked up 2 cases of water (yes, in addition to the 5 I ordered earlier through Staples).  Not sure why, but deposit of .05 wasn't charged when I called in the order. 

big advantage for Chicago buyers no $1.20 city bottled water tax I ordered 25 cases for under $42 earlier today I bought 2 (limit) in store and paid almost $7 for 2

I'm allergic to chlorine and that's removed from bottled water but its plentiful in tap water so that's my reason

I just placed an order for 25 cases. Thanks OP! Can't beat under 7 cents a bottle delivered!  Which is even better in Oregon, because we get 5 cents per bottle back in deposit when we return them to the store.  Effectively I am paying less than 2 cents a bottle. 

I just placed an order for 25 cases. Thanks OP! Can't beat under 7 cents a bottle delivered!

limit only 2 cases... don't know where you can order 25 cases...

BS.

boxy123 said:   limit only 2 cases... don't know where you can order 25 cases...

BS.

You are a day late. 

maddybeagle said:   
boxy123 said:   limit only 2 cases... don't know where you can order 25 cases...

BS.

You are a day late. 

and a dollar short!

MISTERCHEAP said:   1. This deal REQUIRES the order be phoned into Staples at 1 800 3 Staples OR via Kiosk in store.

2. Using this link: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/620007/Nestl-Pure-Life-Purified-Bottled-Water/   price match the $2 price to the SAME EXACT item at Staples here
http://www.staples.com/Nestle-Pure-Life-Bottled-Purified-Water-169-oz-Bottles-24-Case/product_571863?externalize=certona 

There does not appear to be a limit to how many you can order at Office Depot, so essentially, you can order 10 cases at this price for $20

4. MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT CHARGED TAX-- this item is NOT taxable in the majority of states.

Scamming Staples because Office Depot has a limit of 2.  Hope you get banned from Staples.

Luniz97 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   1. This deal REQUIRES the order be phoned into Staples at 1 800 3 Staples OR via Kiosk in store.

Bite me!

There was no limit on the OD site when this was posted yesterday, and it was Staples (not I) that set the limit to 5 on the price match. I HOPE YOU GET BANNED from Staples!

back in the 90s I went into a Staples in mesa AZ and the mgr wouldn't do the price match even though they called wal mart to get the price. They told me it was to low and they would lose money. They were pretty rude to me.

I've never set foot in another Staples or buy anything from them. I'll get my own bottled water at costco.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014