rated:

Member Summary

box
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
nope gave up

maxxodds (Jan. 21, 2014 @ 2:42p) |

I installed desktop sync on Mac and the Box provided Top 10 things file synced to the Mac. I added a test PDF file and i... (more)

MasterX (Jan. 21, 2014 @ 2:53p) |

Heads Up: It's back again.

rockymast (Feb. 15, 2014 @ 1:38p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great, thx op

Unfortunately this does not work if you already have 50GB of storage. Anything less you will be upgraded to 50GB but you are capped at that point

Is there a desktop app for this similar to dropbox or SkyDrive?

yup Desktop clients https://sites.box.com/sync4/

Awesome, thanks. Couldn't find it on their website. Apparently I already had a Box account that was deactivated. Created new one under different email.

box has file size limits and speed limits, but i it seems like a decent product. know a few businesses who use it as well.

Thank you for sharing. I just signed up and went through the email verification process. I got an email from them immediately saying my free personal account has now been upgraded to 50GB of storage. Nice!

Thank you for this as I just got hit with a message telling me that I needed to upgrade my dropbox size.

rockymast said:   http://blog.box.com/2014/01/get-the-all-new-box-for-iphone-and-i... 

Not the first time, surely not the last.

Thanks for shearing OP.

Some limitations for Free accounts:

1. Desktop Sync program is NOT free
  2. File size limit is 100MB max
  3. No Landscape view support
  4. No delete option from iPhone and iPad
  5. No Sync client for Mac

kamerkar said:   
rockymast said:   http://blog.box.com/2014/01/get-the-all-new-box-for-iphone-and-i... 

Thanks for shearing OP.

Where did you find that? I just downloaded Sync client for Mac but have not tried to install it yet. I've already deleted the files that were in the iOS app from my iPhone. And I think the sync app may be the reason I never used Box when I signed up a year or so ago. Every other mainstream cloud has a sync app for free.

MasterX said:   
  Where did you find that? I just downloaded Sync client for Mac but have not tried to install it yet.

Sync (For both windows and Mac) is free. Works great.

I don't have an iphone or ipad, but was able to get the offer using my ipod touch. Thanks OP

Any alternative for Android fans to get this deal?

PeterPatty said:   Any alternative for Android fans to get this deal?

Sign in your account on a friends iOS device...

It seems like it is the only way.....

kamerkar said:   

Thanks for shearing OP.

wrong 

desktop sync is free
file size limit is 250MB
landscape view? on what?

For android users,
there were several old ways to do this. Some of which required signing in on an HP touchpad or some other devices. Sometimes you can even email support to ask for a free 50GB upgrade YMMV

FWIW, kamerkar didn't pull that stuff out of his butt. That's the way it was for a long time. I already have 50GB, but thanks to this thread I found out that there's now a free desktop sync client.

just got 50 gb thanks op

geezlouise said:   Unfortunately this does not work if you already have 50GB of storage. Anything less you will be upgraded to 50GB but you are capped at that point
  Too bad, was hoping to get a bump from 50GB to 100GB.

Just got one. Thanks.

Thanks, op!

Thanks OP!

In 4 1. Thanks OP!

Great deal thanks OP

Anyone been able to get desktop sync working after getting the free 50gb? Downloaded desktop sync to my PC, box sync login screen shows "sync not enabled. Contact your administrator to enable" I can't find an option to enable. And yes, I'm running the program in administrator mode.
Anyone?
Anyone?
Beuller?

I'm a little confused. Is "Box" the same as "dropbox"? I have used my ipad to go through the OP's link and I only show 2.5G of storage so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

VirginiaDC said:   I'm a little confused. Is "Box" the same as "dropbox"? I have used my ipad to go through the OP's link and I only show 2.5G of storage so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.
  Box is different than dropbox.  They are both cloud storage providers, but are separate like skydrive, google drive, and many others.

corpse101 said:   
VirginiaDC said:   I'm a little confused. Is "Box" the same as "dropbox"? I have used my ipad to go through the OP's link and I only show 2.5G of storage so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.
  Box is different than dropbox.  They are both cloud storage providers, but are separate like skydrive, google drive, and many others.

Yep, box historically was enterprise focused, but are aiming for consumers.  Better security though.
dropbox was consumer focused, and now trying to get into business.

Personally i like simplicity of dropbox, but am annoyed at my free 4gbs (and had to do all these easter egg hunting even to get to 4gb).  
I'm going to transition to Box since 50gb is very nice.  

The reason I waited so long to transition was that 1password used dropbox to store files, but now that I used iCloud, I don't have to worry about that limitation.

Don't forget to encrypt your "stuff"
https://www.boxcryptor.com/

ReginaFalangy said:   Anyone been able to get desktop sync working after getting the free 50gb? Downloaded desktop sync to my PC, box sync login screen shows "sync not enabled. Contact your administrator to enable" I can't find an option to enable. And yes, I'm running the program in administrator mode.
Anyone?
Anyone?
Beuller?

nope gave up

I installed desktop sync on Mac and the Box provided Top 10 things file synced to the Mac. I added a test PDF file and it shows up on my iPhone in list format but when I tap it it never loads.

Heads Up: It's back again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014