• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
40w is way too dim. Guess I'll have to wait a couple of years.

po90260 said:   40w is way too dim. Guess I'll have to wait a couple of years.
  FWIW, they are way brighter than my Feit CCFL's that they replaced.

Still $19.99 in Minnesota

FYI for those who are saying it's too dim - give it a try. I've found that the Feit LED's I've put in, all 40 watt, seem brighter than the 60 watt incandescents they replaced. Lumen-wise, it's a lower number. But LED feels brighter to us. So don't dismiss it because of the lumen rating IMHO.

Is the item number 728185 or 728181?

gaore said:   Is the item number 728185 or 728181?

Not available in Michigan. Still 19.99

Maybe not even a couple of years. Not too long ago Costco had the 65W equivalents with the reflector for $6.39 with Utility Company rebate. Also have seen the regular 60W equivalents with discount before, but not priced low enough. Still waiting for the 100W though.

Not for vanity bulbs. At least they are way brighter (and harsher) than the 40W incandescents we had, even in a three-light fixture.

And the Issaquah Costco has a $12 rebate now. $8 for three is stupid cheap. Some stores wanted that much for an incandescent vanity bulb.

I agree - we replaced 60 or 65 watt bulbs with these and they seem brighter and more sharp. Unless you're lighting a large room, LED of much lower lumen count do the job.

dbphillips said:   
Not for vanity bulbs. At least they are way brighter (and harsher) than the 40W incandescents we had, even in a three-light fixture.

And the Issaquah Costco has a $12 rebate now. $8 for three is stupid cheap. Some stores wanted that much for an incandescent vanity bulb.

Too bad not in Iowa City. They had some other and still have some subsidized, but not the vanity ones that I need a couple too.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014