• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Email newsletter I got calls for a 'Clearance Sale'.  Good for while supplies last...  Hah!

Clearance Items 

So far the only thing I was interested in was...

Edsal 72-in H x 36-in W x 18-in D 5-Tier Steel Freestanding Shelving Unit  @  $59.97, reg. $69.98.

So as a comparison I tried to check around and on Home Depot and came up with this slight conundrum, which I think I've figured out, but if anyone knows of other differences please post them....

Can anyone tell me the difference between the these two Edsal units as sold by Home Depot and in other stores as well...

Best I can tell they match in all given specs including load capacity, etc.  Both appear to have the 'shaped' horizontal members which add strength and a ledge for the shelving to sit recessed for the top to be flush with the member.  There is some difference in description of the structural design, but bottom line is they hold the same, look that same, and I can't see ANY difference in the 'construction' of the steel members.

Edsal 36 in. W x 18 in. D x 72 in. H Steel Commercial Shelving Unit @ $56.99 

Edsal 36 in. W x 72 in. H x 18 in. D Steel Commercial Shelving Unit @ $66.97 

The ONLY difference I can ascertain is that this one for $66.97 shows "5 steel shelves with wood grain particle board have a durable black enamel finish".  At first reading the part '5 steel shelves' had me thinking, 'Oh that's it the shelves are steel'...  but then it goes on to clearly state they're wood grain particle board [ which FWIW isn't exactly a valid 'engineering / technical' description, since particle board by definition has NO 'real' grain per se ].  A closer look at the pics does in fact appear to show the shelving for this unit to be black.  IS THAT IT... for an extra $10 one gets they shelves painted fer 'um...

Which bring us to the Lowes comparison.  Lowes picture appears to show the unfinished shelving so I presume it's to be compared to the first HD unit listed above at $56.99 so no savings there, and I'd just as soon go through HD anyway.

Which bring us to the Lowes comparison.  Lowes picture appears to show the unfinished shelving so I presume it's to be compared to the first HD unit listed above at $56.99 so no savings there, and I'd just as soon go through HD anyway.

Will check out other stuff when I get a chance...  the damn editor on this forum has screwed with me nuff tonight and wasted more time than I can afford to get much else done...  so there ya have it...  for now...

Steve

-- Sent from unknown location faraway in a land outside the box.

Home Depot
Need a Home Depot coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Lowe's
Need a Lowe's coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

HD Clearance
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014