• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
brownfam3 said:   Just picked up 14, got another 10 ordered from a different store!
  How much stuff do you have to lock up

Updated post with the $3.98 price

I got 4 of these, but only going to keep one. If anyone in the Atlanta area wants some, I'll sell all 3 for $15. PM me!

brownfam3 said:   Just picked up 14, got another 10 ordered from a different store!
What do you plan to do with your 24 safes? You do know that these don't have potential for eBay resale, right? These are going for $22 on eBay right now. You pay $4+tax for a safe + $13-15 in shipping fees + 10-15% for eBay and paypal fees. That brings you to a cost of $17-20 plus eBay/paypal fees for an item you might get $22 for. Your maximum possible profit is probably around $3 per safe, when you could very well also stand to break even or lose money. It's a waste of time to try to make so little money on these.

Can we please have a little common courtesy on deals like this one? Especially when an "end user" could save $20-30 by buying one of these for $4 at a B&M store, it's sad that people will clean out their local stores just so they can get a measly profit that might be 10% of that. All of these $4 safes at Home Depot suddenly turned into $22 safes on eBay...but nobody's even profiting because the difference almost entirely goes to pay for shipping and eBay fees. If you bought items on clearance with prospect of a substantial profit, that is a different matter. But this is just wasteful. Even if you try to buy some for resale, leave a few behind if you can so others can have a chance. Shipping really does kill the deal if you are planning to buy for resale.

It's kind of annoying to have had an order for two canceled yesterday, then place an order for one at another HD store and have it canceled too. Seemingly some other people had similar experiences. And now all of the local stores are out of them. Either Home Depot's online inventory system just really sucks, or the employees are keeping these for themselves. The first store supposedly even had four in stock, and believe it or not I had enough restraint to only order the 2 I wanted for personal use! Sure they're cheap, they're $4, but that doesn't mean I have to buy tons of them. A segment of people on FW and other deal/couponing boards are likely suffering from a hoarding disorder, and should probably see a mental health professional for their own sake as well as that of others.

I'm one of the fools that bought these at $15 on BFF, gave to my kids as a Christmas gift. They are decent enough

scottxmso said:   
What do you plan to do with your 24 safes? You do know that these don't have potential for eBay resale, right? These are going for $22 on eBay right now. You pay $4+tax for a safe + $13-15 in shipping fees + 10-15% for eBay and paypal fees. That brings you to a cost of $17-20 plus eBay/paypal fees for an item you might get $22 for. Your maximum possible profit is probably around $3 per safe, when you could very well also stand to break even or lose money. It's a waste of time to try to make so little money on these.

While I only got one box for personal use (7 available when I placed my online order) there are times when I get a lot of an item for resale.  There are other venues besides eBay and some of them do not require shipping. 
When I picked up my one box yesterday I thought about getting more for resale but store was now oos and when you click on web page I wasn't able to place order to figure out what stores might still have it in stock.

Picked up one Denver. Still have the display one left. Colfax & Wadsworth store.

Sorry, but the nearest availability is 45 miles, there's no way I'm driving that far in this weather.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014