• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

TUMI Men s Jacket
Disclaimer
Tumi Men's Jacket, XL, and XXL, original price: $300, now: $43.74 Free Shipping  http://www.amazon.com/TUMI-Mens-Jacket-Charcoal-X-Large/dp/B003X...

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This weather is really going to put people red with cold. Maybe i should buy some

The hood looks like it's made out of a plastic trash bag

Welcome to FW. Please review deal post guidelines and correct subject line. A better example would be "Tumi Men's Jacket #4T-2008 for $43.74 FS at Amazon, XL and XXL ONLY.

don't have my size! Pity

I dunno about Tumi jackets. I have seen these in a lot of discount places (e.g. Ross, Tuesday mornings). With their enormous "suggested price" and then a much lower "sale" price, but honestly the quality of the jackets usually don't even warrant the low price. Compound the with the Amazon practice of overly (falsely) inflating the "regular"price...Amazon regularly overstates regular prices so that it looks like you are getting a blow-out deal, I guess so people will get excited and buy. I find fit suspicious that all the positive reviews are from Asians...probably their homework assignment after their shift at the factory who makes these. So in my view, you are probably looking at a jacket Tumi put a $200 suggested price on, hoping to get $100. Amazon said no this is normally a $300 jacket to make it seem mores appealing and that much more of a deal. So $44 is getting you a jacket probably worth $50, not $300

update: especially funny are the reviews by kk Wong. Either this guy buys a lot of jackets and has the same positive review or he is a shill for the manufacturer/importer.

doofus said:   I dunno about Tumi jackets. I have seen these in a lot of discount places (e.g. Ross, Tuesday mornings). With their enormous "suggested price" and then a much lower "sale" price, but honestly the quality of the jackets usually don't even warrant the low price. Compound the with the Amazon practice of overly (falsely) inflating the "regular"price...Amazon regularly overstates regular prices so that it looks like you are getting a blow-out deal, I guess so people will get excited and buy. I find fit suspicious that all the positive reviews are from Asians...probably their homework assignment after their shift at the factory who makes these. So in my view, you are probably looking at a jacket Tumi put a $200 suggested price on, hoping to get $100. Amazon said no this is normally a $300 jacket to make it seem mores appealing and that much more of a deal. So $44 is getting you a jacket probably worth $50, not $300

update: especially funny are the reviews by kk Wong. Either this guy buys a lot of jackets and has the same positive review or he is a shill for the manufacturer/importer.

Agree.  Dont bust your a . . running to purchase this item.  Marshalls has this for $50.

doofus said:   I dunno about Tumi jackets. I have seen these in a lot of discount places (e.g. Ross, Tuesday mornings). With their enormous "suggested price" and then a much lower "sale" price, but honestly the quality of the jackets usually don't even warrant the low price. Compound the with the Amazon practice of overly (falsely) inflating the "regular"price...Amazon regularly overstates regular prices so that it looks like you are getting a blow-out deal, I guess so people will get excited and buy. I find fit suspicious that all the positive reviews are from Asians...probably their homework assignment after their shift at the factory who makes these. So in my view, you are probably looking at a jacket Tumi put a $200 suggested price on, hoping to get $100. Amazon said no this is normally a $300 jacket to make it seem mores appealing and that much more of a deal. So $44 is getting you a jacket probably worth $50, not $300

i checked on kkwong's reviews for 7 jackets. all worded the same - obviously a cut and paste job. the jackets are of different brands though but seemingly coming out of the same factory in china. 
you are right doofus, this guy is a shill for either the manufacturer or the importer. Amazon needs to tweak their algorithm to flag and weed out reviews posted with no integrity.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014