• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has the Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer on sale for $28.95 - two (2) $10 mail-in rebates = $8.95 with Free Super Saver Shipping on orders over $35.

Note: Mail-in Rebates require two separate things:
The Friend's & Family Rebate requires original sales receipt.
The Mother's Rebate requires original barcode from package.

Costco has this for cheaper. They are offering $8 manufacturer's discount valid 1/20/14 - 2/23/14. This thermometer for members is only $24.99 after discount - two (2) $10 mail-in rebates = $4.99. Thanks alik99!

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

thermometer (12.37kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Well on that page they also have another $5 rebate. As GMY stated, it appears they are new and running too many rebate o... (more)

respdoc (Feb. 03, 2014 @ 3:43p) |

great, gonna get one. thanks

lanceguo (Feb. 04, 2014 @ 12:17a) |

Just got my first rebate check today, 4/3.
It's dated 3/20, and is marked "Void after 5/18.

So, when you get yours, cash i... (more)

thinksnow (Apr. 03, 2014 @ 1:14p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Very good product, bought one at Costco a couple of years ago.

rated:
Thanks OP! Always wanted one of these and I have a couple add on items that I need to qualify for.

rated:
chapmanra2013 said: This thermometer was $99.99.

This thermometer was never $99.99.  
Odd rebate terms though with one stating "purchasing" for your baby shower and one stating "receiving" for your baby shower.
I guess someone could buy things for their own baby shower but since they are two offers..it's questionable if the terms of "Cannot be combined with any other offer" apply.

rated:
I wonder if this qualifies for 3% Cash Back on Baby items?

rated:
Most rebates state "Cannot be combined with any other offer" and are still stackable. I think it's worth the try for this Thermometer even if only one of the rebates work. For moms and dads these are so much more easier to use.

rated:
chapmanra2013 said:   Most rebates state "Cannot be combined with any other offer" and are still stackable. 
  This isn't like "most rebates" since it's quite a vague rebate form and doesn't even state the basics like qualified sellers.  One could theoretically get it cheaper from somewhere like eBay (as long as it has a UPC) and send in the rebates.  

rated:
respdoc said:   
chapmanra2013 said: This thermometer was $99.99.

This thermometer was never $99.99.  
Odd rebate terms though with one stating "purchasing" for your baby shower and one stating "receiving" for your baby shower.
I guess someone could buy things for their own baby shower but since they are two offers..it's questionable if the terms of "Cannot be combined with any other offer" apply.

I agree. Especially when it comes up for $34.92 at WalMart and $24.99 at Costco. 
Costco link

rated:
This company appears to be new to the rebate game. It's hard to tell if they simply don't know how to write a proper rebate form or if they intend to scam the rebaters.

Let's be careful out there.

rated:

rated:
ymarker said:   http://www.kfvs12.com/story/12382691/temporal-artery-thermometer...
  You should read read the second review on Amazon (the one by the nurse).  It seems like in the linked "article" they gave 2 mothers with no instructions a device and had them try it out.  It appears from the reviews by other people that these work quite well.  I'll still get mine from costco if i ever need one.

rated:
Exactly... This thing works pretty darn good but you just need to be careful of not scanning on a wet forehead and sliding it consistently - ie RTFM!

I tried the ear ones years ago but gave up. I was hesitant to get this a few years back but so glad when I eventually got it....

rated:
rsuaver said:   Exactly... This thing works pretty darn good but you just need to be careful of not scanning on a wet forehead and sliding it consistently - ie RTFM!

I tried the ear ones years ago but gave up. I was hesitant to get this a few years back but so glad when I eventually got it....

Same here.  Ear thermometers were never consistent for us.  This one has been well worth $30 or $40 we paid.

rated:
There is definitely a learning curve to use this thermometer and I recommend people practice proper technique if one is bought. I have owned 2 of these for years; one for home and one for use to take temperatures in my office. I am a pediatrician and recommend this for anyone with kids. The ear thermometers are garbage and very inaccurate. The "gold standard" is rectal temperature but I don't think most parents want to do that each time to check a temperature in an already fussy kid.

rated:
Thanks OP, I have this one and it just gave up on us this month, and I'm guessing one of my kids or wife drop it, because it is inaccurate now.
In for one with Prime.

rated:
I am nurse and use it on my clients...works great!!

rated:
Really great deal OP. Thanks

rated:
Awesome - was just looking for one...thanks!!

rated:
I have always had an ear themomoter since my eldest boy had 'fever fits' but have noticed that they vary in accuracy especially if they have an ear infection, so this might be worth a go. Thanks

rated:
Like! Thanks OP

rated:
buy it at costco for $25 and send it 2 rebates

rated:
alik99 said:   buy it at costco for $25 and send it 2 rebates
  Good idea! Here's Costco link if anyone is interested.

rated:
Don't let your kids play with this thing, they will slobber over it with their saliva... I've had one go bad from is...

rated:
Costco have it for 29.95 and a $8 instant off.  The ringing price at check out is 21.95.

Don't know if it still qualify for the rebates at Exergen web site.

rated:
Weird that the "mothers" rebate means that the person who you give one of these to gets the thermometer and another $10. Basically, it's like you're paying them to take the thermometer.

rated:
Thank god one need not stab it into the artery to make this work. That would be rather messy.

rated:
alam said:   Costco have it for 29.95 and a $8 instant off.  The ringing price at check out is 21.95.

Don't know if it still qualify for the rebates at Exergen web site.

Costco is listed as one of the retailers so rebates should qualify. Here's the link. Hope it helps.

rated:
chapmanra2013 said:     Costco is listed as one of the retailers so rebates should qualify. Here's the link. Hope it helps.

Well on that page they also have another $5 rebate. As GMY stated, it appears they are new and running too many rebate offers at the same time. I would not be surprised if they honor only one rebate (either one $10 or this at $5) but not any combination. 

rated:
great, gonna get one. thanks

rated:
Just got my first rebate check today, 4/3.
It's dated 3/20, and is marked "Void after 5/18.

So, when you get yours, cash it right away.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014