• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

NeilMed s Sinus Rinse Pre-Mixed Packets, 100-Count Boxes Pack of 2
Disclaimer
NeilMed's Sinus Rinse Pre-Mixed Packets, 100-Count Boxes (Pack of 2) Product Details

  • Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 5.8 x 6.2 inches ; 1.6 pounds
  • Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
  • Shipping: This item can only be shipped to the 48 contiguous states. We regret it cannot be shipped to APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico.
  • http://www.amazon.com/ 
  • ASIN: B001G7QMYE
  • UPC: 000005017928 705928002005
  • Item model number: 3234937

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7QMYE/  
$19.98 ($0.10 / packet) =13px& FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details 
You Save: $6.00 (23%)




 

 

 

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good deal OP

This is ..... salt?* Plus ... baking soda?

*non-iodized salt, I'll grant you, but that translates to "sea salt" or "kosher salt." Seems to me that if you mixed this yourself you could rinse your nose right off (if you wanted to) for less than $5.

(And yes, I reserve the right to heckle Days 'cause she knows I think she's awesome.)

wordgirl said:   This is ..... salt?* Plus ... baking soda?

*non-iodized salt, I'll grant you, but that translates to "sea salt" or "kosher salt." Seems to me that if you mixed this yourself you could rinse your nose right off (if you wanted to) for less than $5.

(And yes, I reserve the right to heckle Days 'cause she knows I think she's awesome.)

  Yes, wordgirl, you're exactly right.  Been using Trader Joes sea salt in neti pot for years and is much less expensive.  Have to say the packets do come in handy if you're traveling. Please  ALWAYS use purified water when doing sinus wash, so you don't get brain eating ameobas like a couple of poor folks did in Louisiana a few years back.

Pretty good price but looks over. @wordgirl, probably best to get USP grade salt rather than kosher and be sure to have a pH meter on hand just in case.

Bookerttt said:   
wordgirl said:   This is ..... salt?* Plus ... baking soda?

*non-iodized salt, I'll grant you, but that translates to "sea salt" or "kosher salt." Seems to me that if you mixed this yourself you could rinse your nose right off (if you wanted to) for less than $5.

(And yes, I reserve the right to heckle Days 'cause she knows I think she's awesome.)

  Yes, wordgirl, you're exactly right.  Been using Trader Joes sea salt in neti pot for years and is much less expensive.  Have to say the packets do come in handy if you're traveling. Please  ALWAYS use purified water when doing sinus wash, so you don't get brain eating ameobas like a couple of poor folks did in Louisiana a few years back.

 
I don't mind cooking with sea salt but putting into my sinus cavity daily? Not sure that is a good idea. I would call that very risky. 

Up to $22.38 now. Or $21.26 with Subscribe & Save.

Sea salt is the recommended way to go.  Google neti pot and sea salt.

Bookerttt said:   Sea salt is the recommended way to go.  Google neti pot and sea salt.
  This amazes me. I disagree with it 100%. Have you seen the sea salt manufacturing process? When these guys are making sea salt it is highly unlikely they are considering that it will end up in people's sinus rinses. They even like natural "contaminants" in the sea water and as it bakes in the open air because it adds to the distinctive flavor. No two batches will be the same. I stand by my original comment. Very risky and at 10c a rinse I know what I option I will go with. 



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014