• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Anker 14W Solar Panel Foldable Dual-port Solar Charger for 5V USB-charged Devices Including GPS Units, iPhone, iPad, Android Phones and Android Tablets.
Disclaimer
Amazon has the Anker 14W Solar Panel Foldable Dual-Port Solar Charger on sale for $59.99 - $12.00 coupon code "VD2O67XS" = $47.99 with free shipping.

Review: 4.6/5 stars based on 66 customer reviews.

Product deets:

• 14W Mono-Crystalline 15-18% efficient solar array procudes up to 5V / 2A total output among two(2) USB ports.
  • Compatible w/ 5V USB-Charged devices includeing: GPS units, iPhones, iPads, Android phones and Android Tablets.
  • Hardened PET plastic faced solar panels sewn into high-wear polyester canvas for weather-resistant outdoor durability.
  • Fold down into a 8.5-in. x 11-in. paper-sized profile for superior portability; well placed eyeholes enable easy attachment to backpacks for use while hiking.

LINK

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

anker
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks pretty cool nice find slervik

caruptguv said:   what would you use this for,,insnt it easier to plug your laptop in an electrical outlet
  Bullet point 4, folds to 8.5x11 with holes for fastening to a backpack. Great for hiking/camping, and charging your cell or GPS, no outlets in the great outdoors that i know of.

Nice find OP!

Thanks!

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Anker-Foldable-Dual-port-USB-charged-...
Price history. Tempting.. Okay got 1... Thanks OP!

howiez69 said:   
Bullet point 4, folds to 8.5x11 with holes for fastening to a backpack. Great for hiking/camping, and charging your cell or GPS, no outlets in the great outdoors that i know of.

I'm not sure that the cord on this thing is robust enough (stay connected) to trek around with a GPS or electronic gadget in hand. It probably works best charging an unpowered device stashed in the backpack. A dynamo charger might be more effective and quicker.

i'd rather go for a standard external battery

tigertech said:   i'd rather go for a standard external battery

Then you're all set for the zombie apocalypse with that standard battery then. This is for when a standard battery doesn't work.

Is it best to charge a portable battery with this versus phone directly?

i love to take care of the earth.
i going to read the reviews to find out how long it takes to charge cellphone or tablet.

Slider said:   Is it best to charge a portable battery with this versus phone directly?

If possible, charge the device directly.

If you are in low-light situations, you may be better charging the portable charger however - especially if the light is too weak to provide 10W power, and you have a high-drain device that will drain power while it charges.

Slider said:   Is it best to charge a portable battery with this versus phone directly?
No charger is 100% efficient so charging a portable battery will lose some power, and then using that battery to charge the device will lose some more power.  Charging the device directly will cut one of those charging inefficiencies.
There are some instances when charging a portable battery will make more sense.  If the portable battery can fully recharge your device multiple times, and you will be in direct sunlight for some time, it might be best to charge the portable battery.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014