• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Yakima tube
Disclaimer
After getting in on the amazing $35 bike rack deal from Home Depot (thanks @mjdewitt for that deal), I've been shopping around for a tube type adapter so I can transport my kids bike on the bike rack. I was originally looking at this one from Allen Sports for $15. I had the Yakima one in my Amazon cart for some time and when I went to my cart today, I saw that the Yakima tube top crossbar dropped down to $19.98 (from about $40 normally). Seems to be the lowest price on camel x3.

Link to Yakima tube top cross bar 

link to video of how to use 

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

yakima
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Its like a rack for your bike rack.... guess it's a good deal if you need it. Yakima makes good stuff, tho its pretty pricey. In that demo video they def don't need it on that bike. Anywho, thanks for posting OP.

Yakima Crossbar Adapter
Disclaimer
Anyone use one of these on a carbon frame road bike so you can clamp this crossbar to a bike repair stand? 
Here's what I plan to do with my carbon road bike with a carbon seat post and stem.
The picture shows a mountain bike frame but I'm going to try it on my road frame:

momoman said:   Anyone use one of these on a carbon frame road bike so you can clamp this crossbar to a bike repair stand? 
Here's what I plan to do with my carbon road bike with a carbon seat post and stem.
The picture shows a mountain bike frame but I'm going to try it on my road frame:

Good idea but I don't think that would work since the top tube of road bike is very closed to the crossbar.  Can bike stand clam to the road bike seat post?

Wilier Gran Turismo
Disclaimer
I have a carbon seat post so I don't want to clamp the seat post.  My top tube slopes below the top of the seat tube so there should be enough clearance between this adapter and my top tube.  My bike has this style frame:

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014