• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
(Varies by location)
Eastwear 15.6 In. Laptop Backpack and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle
Item#:  E23-42910 TD  | Model#: E23-42910 Bundle
$39.99
TigerDirect Link 

Rebate
$60 

$10 

Example (charge tax in FL, IL, NC, TX, GA, SD and ID)
SUBTOTAL $39.99    

S&H $4.22 (varies by location)  

TAX  $3.10 based on 7% (charge tax in FL, IL, NC, TX, GA, SD and ID)    
TOTAL  $47.31

Profit: $22.69
without sales tax profit: ~$25.79

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

bundle
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do your homework before doing a Total Defense rebate bundle.  There are LOTS of threads, with LOTS of different experiences with Total Defense.  You will have to activate the software and provide them a cc#.  While you can cancel the auto renewal, they still have your cc#, and you never know what you're going to have to fight in a year.  Also, rebate payout is VERY slow, and often gets rejected for trivial and/or bogus reasons.  Search for lots of discussion on FW about this before committing.

Edit: Based on post following mine, my above comments may have caused confusion.  my use of TD was for Total Defense, not Tiger Direct.  I edited to spell that out.  I have not had many issues with Tiger Direct rebates in the last couple of years (which is a VERY different scenario from 4-5 years ago).

I did a bunch of TD rebates recently. I received all of them and relatively quickly. About half the time it takes Newegg rebates actually, very surprised. Total Defense was quickly received as well, I activated without installing anything and used a prepaid GC and immediately cancelled the auto renew. I have since drained the card so nothing to worry about. YMMV but I think Tiger's rebate issues are long gone and just remember Total Defense requires some extra steps and attention to detail. 

I took a chance on this deal and everything worked out well. My Total Defense rebate is approved and I used a Staples visa card with limited balance to activate software. Cancelled auto renew and removed it once rebate was approved.  Thank you Op. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014