• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Must join in-store at Cabela's this weekend, February 8-9, 2014.  No link, received a notice by email, and it's on the Cabela's homepage.  According to the terms, this is for a new membership or a renewal. 

http://www.cabelas.com/stores/stores_home.jsp?WTz_l=Header

Member Summary

Cabela's and NRA
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Would love to but to spend $40 in gas to drive to the closest store just isnt cost effective...

I assume the people who gave me red know where I can get a $35 Cabela's gift card, rather than the paltry $25 I posted; if so, please share. TYIA.

The $25 Cabela's gift card, renew my just expired NRA membership for essentially $10 is great. If should happen to score some .22lr while there, well that would be the icing on the cake!

too bad it's instore only. Green though!

No Cabelas near me but green anyway!

This is HOT. Should be on the front page.

An annual membership to the NRA is essentially just a donation to a worthy cause.

Only lifetime members are allowed to vote for directors of the NRA. Maybe I'm the only one having a problem with this. But a window decal is pretty expensive at 35 bucks.

ltcm said:   I assume the people who gave me red know where I can get a $35 Cabela's gift card, rather than the paltry $25 I posted; if so, please share. TYIA.
  Don't think the cowards giving you red know of a "better deal."  I'm betting they are gun grabbers that don't understand the 2nd amendment is a human right, and the 2nd amendment is all that protects their 1st amendment rights.  I'm sure I'll get red because I dared to point out the truth. 

FWIW, I joined NRA last year with the Bass Pro gift card promotion because it was required to join a local gun club/range. I have received a lot of calls from what end up being known nra phone numbers (from a google search on the number), once you pick up the phone it disconnects so may just be an automated dialer to confirm this is an actual live number, but the same number calls every few days. I blocked the number and another number begins calling, it's crazy. I'm not sure if they sell our information to 3rd parties or if it's actually NRA but it's incredibly obnoxious. Also, never rec'd my Bass Pro gift card, so buyer beware.

gerrymesque said:   FWIW, I joined NRA last year with the Bass Pro gift card promotion because it was required to join a local gun club/range. I have received a lot of calls from what end up being known nra phone numbers (from a google search on the number), once you pick up the phone it disconnects so may just be an automated dialer to confirm this is an actual live number, but the same number calls every few days. I blocked the number and another number begins calling, it's crazy. I'm not sure if they sell our information to 3rd parties or if it's actually NRA but it's incredibly obnoxious. Also, never rec'd my Bass Pro gift card, so buyer beware.
  I have been an NRA member for almost a decade, and have never once had any experience like what you claim.  I'm not flaming you or trying to start an argument or debate, which would only cause our posts to be gladly deleted by the anti-gun mods here at FWF, I'm just stating that I have never, ever received spam phone calls from NRA or experienced them causing such calls from sharing my information.  Plus I have gifted several memberships to others and to my knowledge the NRA has never done this to these people either.

@buster2:  You sound like you haave a personal axe to grind, especially when you start out using some juvenile name calling.  Again, I'm not wanting to start an argument, just pointing out what you are doing looks to me like you are trying to start arguments in an attempt to get posts deleted or even the thread deleted.  If you hate the deal, then just move along.

This is a great deal for those that have wanted to join the NRA, or to re-up their annual membership at a great savings with the Cabela's gift card to use in the store.  Personally, I could spend days in Cabela's, enjoying looking at and handling so much outdoors equipment and such.  The NRA is the main organization that actively works to help protect our civil and human rights to keep and bear arms.  The NRA-ILA works as a grossly under-funded counter to the Brady campaign and the likes of Bloomberg to defend our human rights to buy, keep, and carry firearms.  Many legal battles have been initiated and supported by the NRA to protect our rights.  There are other organizations for gun owners, but none as effective at protecting our rights as the NRA.  When a big-time Hollywood producer like Weinberg vows to make a movie with Meryl Streep for the exact purpose of spreading anti-gun propaganda in an effort to destroy the NRA, then the NRA must be doing something right to generate so much hatred from the super-rich elites that want to disarm the people.

My question is always the same - just what do the government and super-rich elites want to do, that they are afraid of doing, until they have me and millions of other Americans disarmed?

Same exact results here. I was gonna renew at the time anyway, but never did receive the gift card. Also, the phone calls came and went. Annoying at the time, yes. Although, I've no problem respectably declining over the phone.

gerrymesque said:   FWIW, I joined NRA last year with the Bass Pro gift card promotion because it was required to join a local gun club/range. I have received a lot of calls from what end up being known nra phone numbers (from a google search on the number), once you pick up the phone it disconnects so may just be an automated dialer to confirm this is an actual live number, but the same number calls every few days. I blocked the number and another number begins calling, it's crazy. I'm not sure if they sell our information to 3rd parties or if it's actually NRA but it's incredibly obnoxious. Also, never rec'd my Bass Pro gift card, so buyer beware.  

Civilian Marksmanship Program
Disclaimer
Spend your money here ,its a non-profit organisation aimed at promoting safety and education and their are great member perks that the other place can never provide. A proper education of safe handling in guns and a great shooting program,no one will disallow you from shooting on a range if you are a member. The new other place is not like it was 30-40 yrs ago when it was actually non-political in its agenda and actually was for sportsmen and Target shooters. Now their agenda has changed into a money grubbing ,lying thieving format that steal money from folks with promise's as shown above that they never intended to keep. Put you funds here instead and reap more rewards than ever. Cost nothing to join ,its free ,hows that for a bargain and lowered cost vs the other group , http://www.thecmp.org/

buster2 said:   Spend your money here ,its a nonb-profit organisation aimed at promoting safety and education and their are great member perks that the other place can never provide. A proper education of safe handling in guns and a great shooting program,no one will disallow you from shooting on a range if you are a member. The new other place is not like it was 30-40 yrs ago when it was actually non-political in its agenda and actually was for sportsmen and Target shooters. Now their agenda has changed into a money grubbing ,lying thieving format that steal money from folks with promise's as shown above that they never intended to keep. Put you funds here instead and reap more rewards than ever. Cost nothing to join ,its free ,hows that for a bargain and lowered cost vs the other group , http://www.thecmp.org/
  Well in todays world the sad reality is that it takes money to protect our rights.  We didn't ask for it to be that way, but it is.  You may not agree with everything the NRA does, but they are by far the loudest voice in Washington today protecting our 2A rights.  .

or spend $35 on ammo instead ...

Thanks OP - going to renew today. After I joined I got a lot snail mail spam, but no phone calls. I followed the directions below to get on the do not promote list:

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?
A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

NRA hat and 22lr ammo
Disclaimer
I was there when they opened yesterday. I signed up for the first time for the NRA and I was able to get a brick of Federal 22lr. After the gift card the brick only cost me 97 cents!

Also, if you know someone who is a lifetime member, they can sponsor you into a lifetime membership, for as low as $300. If you buy a lifetime, without a sponsorship, it can run you $600-$1000.

Good deal as some gun clubs require NRA membership, regardless of whether you agree with their politics or not.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014