• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link 

*Edit by Moderator- This offer has been extended through 2/21*

Prices ultimately determined at time of print or e-file. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options subject to change without notice.

TurboTax
See TurboTax coupons that earn 7.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

turbotax
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
please help, recently i have used the TurboTax to do my tax, but end up so many questions.

taxtime1 (Feb. 16, 2014 @ 5:16p) |

From this page:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/deluxe.jsp

This offer is
- for TurboTax Deluxe download o... (more)

thsze (Feb. 16, 2014 @ 6:25p) |

Link still worked for me!!!    2/23 7PM...  $19.99  Online Deluxe version.  NOTICE: I did not see state included!!!!   (... (more)

negentropy (Feb. 23, 2014 @ 7:29p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I see online version $29.99, CD/download version $59.99. Any code to bring it down?

nomansland said:   I see online version $29.99, CD/download version $59.99. Any code to bring it down?
  oops, i have updated the link.
can you try now ?

I see $19.99 now, thank you. But do you know why it would then revert back to $29.99 once I get in to the program? Am I missing something?

Add  must finish/file by 2/11/2014 to the title.

ceeanoo said:   I see $19.99 now, thank you. But do you know why it would then revert back to $29.99 once I get in to the program? Am I missing something?
hmm, it's weird.
it is showing 19.99 for me, after login also.
though, i am not done filing completely
you may try calling them to get that rate, if you still has problem.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Add  must finish/file by 2/11/2014 to the title.
  Updated the title!

2/11/14... that's even before the deadline of 1099 being sent out!

Same thing here. I won't receive 1099 until 2/14. Someone can get the benefit for sure.

can this be combined with the 10% reward on Amazon giftcard when you file with TurboTax amazon turbotax

yuanliu1 said:   can this be combined with the 10% reward on Amazon giftcard when you file with TurboTax amazon turbotax
  yes, you can.it is mentioned when you click learn more/compare products.

A great deal for the inevitable tax time!

This year TurboTax Deluxe has a fee for Audit Defense that costs $39.99. Pay by credit card or have it automatically removed from tax return. They don't let you skip Audit Defense. You have to buy it using one of the two choices mentioned previously.

If you aren't in need of the Deluxe version/guidance, then it would likely be cheaper to do the free federal + $14.99 state option. Note that you can only gain 5% towards Amazon giftcard with that option though, if you were also thinking about doing that.

tomthumb said:   This year TurboTax Deluxe has a fee for Audit Defense that costs $39.99. Pay by credit card or have it automatically removed from tax return. They don't let you skip Audit Defense. You have to buy it using one of the two choices mentioned previously.
Wow, they keep getting sleazier and sleazier in their practices!

tomthumb said:   This year TurboTax Deluxe has a fee for Audit Defense that costs $39.99. Pay by credit card or have it automatically removed from tax return. They don't let you skip Audit Defense. You have to buy it using one of the two choices mentioned previously.

From their forums:
Click the REVIEW tab.
Then subtab AUDIT PROTECTION.
"Your Audit Risk Results".  click Continue.
"You can buy extra peace of mind".  Way down at the bottom is a NO THANKS.

Went through the link and it came up as $66. I called intuit and they gave me a code to get it back down to $19.99 after I mentioned the promo. As stated above, I did NOT have to purchase the audit option.

Thanks! I had to pay the government $8. Thanks for wasting my time again government.

Wasn't this free a few weeks back after MIR?

Electronifan said:   Wasn't this free a few weeks back after MIR?
  No. It was free using a link that shouldn't have been circulated since it was supposed to be only for specific customers of a brokerage firm.

Complete by when?? This is insanity. One missing form, any unresolved questions or tax strategy glitch (yeah, real returns have glitches, folks).. And what you already paid is down the drain.

The very idea is sleazy. I think I'll use another company's product on general principle. Maybe I won't have to fight an Audit Defense purchase either.

Every few years Turbo goes down this road. They need a good slapping.

is this TurboTax Deluxe ONLINE, or can you get the download version?

Reason I ask is that Schedule C for self-employed people is apparently not available in the Online version despite having the same "Deluxe" name.

The TurboTax deluxe online does not include schedule D (stock or mutual fund sales). You will have to pay to upgrade to Premier for that. No deal for me !

Great Deal. Had to call to get a service code because I was not getting the offer in the cart. Quick and painless. Thanks OP.

removed

bee1z said:   spending over almost one hour with the agent, but they still can not find the service code, if you dont mind, can you post the code here?
  i don't have any code, it's better to call again, since the one of the post by fellow FW member said that he got the deal by calling them.

thanks. finally got the code.

What number you have used? I'm calling 877-631-1332 and waiting time is 45 minutes.

Go to https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 
Select "Online" and "Deluxe"
Try typing something like "wrong price shown in cart"
On the next page, hit the "Call" button
Fill out the form - when you submit it will give you a phone # and incident id
(My wait time was basically 0 after entering the incident ID over the phone)

It took me around 30 minutes to get them to give me a code (I even had to spell out the URL with the offer, which was painful). In the end though, I got a code.

I had to call as well. It was 66.xx.
The person who assisted me gave it to me for 14.99 for whatever reason. The call was about 10 minutes in length.

Thank you, but the call didn't help. A CSR said, the charge for $66.97 is correct because the above promotion applies only to desktop versions of their software, not online version. Her Manager repeated her verbage word to word. So I ended up with a choice to give up Intuit all my family SSNs, W2s and 1099s,+ all personal information for free and cancel my return, or buy promised for  $20 service for $67. No higher manager was availble in their Customer Support Center.  Feel being robbed. 

urra said:   Thank you, but the call didn't help. A CSR said, the charges for $66.97 is correct because the above promotion applies only to desktop versions of their software, not online version. Her Manager repeated her verbage word to word. So I ended up with a choice to give up Intuit all my family SSNs, W2s and 1099s,+ all personal information for free and cancel my return, or buy promised for  $20 service for $67. No higher manager was availble in their Customer Support Center.  Feel being robbed. 

I'm totally confused.  The above promotion is for the desktop version or not? 

The Intuit manager I was talking to said it applies only to desktop version, meaning you will get a box with cd, and then you can start filing your taxes. Which makes no sense, because none of the carriers will be able to deliver it to your door before 11.59pm of Feb 11 for reasonable charges. Classic bait- and-switch trick, I'm stupid to cought it. I'm waiting their online chat for 1 hour already, staring at 

• All agents are busy assisting other customers. message.

urra said:   The Intuit manager I was talking to said it applies only to desktop version, meaning you will get a box with cd, and then you can start filing your taxes. Which makes no sense, because none of the carriers will be able to deliver it to your door before 11.59pm of Feb 11 for reasonable charges. Classic bait- and-switch trick, I'm stupid to cought it. I'm waiting their online chat for 1 hour already, staring at 

• All agents are busy assisting other customers. message.

I think Intuit's own people must be confused. 

In any event, I suggest trying to get the download version anyway, which has more forms that aren't available online.

Let us know what happens...

No luck, Charges already made, my money already gone: 

“CSR:  Okay, it seems that there is nothing that can be done since you've already used the deluxe and filed your return. I am sorry, but there is nothing now that I can do. You had to ask for the price adjustment, prior to using the software

urra: Can I get a number of someone who can, and the address of CEO to send my mail? Intuit CEO

CSR: What I would recommend is to contact us again in the morning. Even as early as 7am, to see if there is a way to get this resolved. I however, do not find a resolution to this issue.

urra: just want to send thank you letter

CSR: I apologize for the inconvenience, but I am not able to find you a resolution. Another agent may be able to do so though.

urra: Can you provide me the address for official correspondence? There is no hurry for me already as I've already filed my taxes

CSR: That's why I recommend trying back with us in the morning. I have no access to this. I would recommend trying the above recommendation, however. It's the best advice I can give, unfortunately."

So be worry of Intuit's Selling Practice caveats.

In for one. Thx!

It is not truth. I used the online version. But I had been with the agent more than one hour over the phone for her to look for the service code. Anyways I got it. Thanks the OP.

I clicked through the link provided by OP and completed my tax forms last night but on Order Review page, it showed 19.99 + 36.99 for State. I waited till this morning and tried to login again, this time it went even higher and showed 29.99 + 36.99. So I started a chat session with their CSR, and provided them with the promotion link during the conversation. CSR was one of the nicest ones I have ever talked to, but the whole process was very slow. After about 30 minutes of very slow chat, they provided me with a price adjustment code which brought down the price to promotional rate (19.99 for both Federal and State). Only question I was asked was if I got an email regarding this promotion, to which I responded 'No' and that I got to know about the promotion from a friend (OP...who else ).

One more thing, they asked for my username before generating the code, so I suppose it was a unique code.

Thanks a lot for a great deal.

Skipping 12 Messages...
Link still worked for me!!!    2/23 7PM...  $19.99  Online Deluxe version.  NOTICE: I did not see state included!!!!   (just noticed Title of thread) but if u don't need state....
any Fatwalleter should notice the checkboxes and the "No Thanks" options for add-ons...  My audit chance showed Extremely low and they still wanted to sell Audit Ins. to me!!! And State for $36!!!... our state has it online about 90% as easy as TurboTax for FREE!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014