• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microcenter sells latest generation Nexus 7 tablet with 1900x1200 display and quadcore snapdragon.  16 Gb  for $180 and 32 Gb for $200.
PM to Staples, then submit rebate for $25 Staples giftcard. Net cost is approx $155 and $175 +tax.
Extra bonus of 5% Staples rewards, and if you had claimed this weeks ago, $25 AMEX offers for $100 purchase.

Member Summary

nexus
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Have you actually done this and got the gift card? Not sure if PM will void the gift card/rebate.

PM and rebate has been discussed at SD. No one mentioned any hangups with the rebate. In fact, this post (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=66009060&postcount=5) said it worked for him/her .
If you are worried, submit the rebate ASAP. If the rebate doesnt work out, return the unopened tablet within 14 days. but as always, ymmv.

Which competitors will Staples price match?

Staples retail stores will price match prices at brick–n–mortar retail stores and at Staples.com.

Staples.com will price match prices at select competitors' websites and Staples' retail stores. These select competitors are: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill , Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam's Club, Wal–mart, WB Mason and Xerox. Items must be sold and shipped by one of these competitors.

How do Staples coupons and rebates contribute to the Staples price?

All coupons and rebates (including Easy Rebates, instant rebates or savings, and Staples or manufacturer mail–in rebates) are deducted from the price of the Staples product when calculating a price match.

Staples will pricematch to Microcenter. I have done it recently.

I agree applying a coupon after PM is very hard to do, but a PM and rebate is much more doable. The Staples CSR usually won't know about the rebate so will do the pricematch. Now I have to admit that once a clerk refused to give me the register rebate form because of the coupon/pricematch. But I was able to submit the rebate online without the form.

Hi everyone! It works!

I bought it on Sunday and did a price match to Microcenter at $129.99 and it spit out a $25 gift card easy rebate. I went back last night (Monday) to re-price match it at $199 and it worked out fine.... and spit out a $25 gift card easy rebate form.

Yeah.. it is working.. I bought one 16 GB(179$ + 25 GC) and one 32 GB(200$ + 25 GC). Thank you!

just PM'd by phone and the Microcenter here in AZ doesn't even have them, no option to purchase here. Thanks OP.

sun2000 said:   Which competitors will Staples price match?

Staples retail stores will price match prices at brick–n–mortar retail stores and at Staples.com.

Staples.com will price match prices at select competitors' websites and Staples' retail stores. These select competitors are: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill , Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam's Club, Wal–mart, WB Mason and Xerox. Items must be sold and shipped by one of these competitors.

Staples.com also PM GameStop.com and Microcenter.com.  

Anyone having a problem with their nexus? First I had a charging problem, which was resolved by booting with volume down plus power and selecting "power off" from the menu. But now I noticed the battery drains just as quickly when it's completely powered off as it does when powered on or sleeping. When I say quickly, I mean about 3% per hour. Completely powered off, it's not a running software issue.

I haven't noticed any fast battery draining with my Nexus 7.

I got a replacement (impressively quickly) and the new one is fine now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014