Thanks 14deals from SD

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

sim card
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

My bad, since I got them for free, I didn't check any more.
$7 is their charge now.

ElGuache said:   Why even pay, you can get your free Lycamobile Sim Card here.
  there's a delivery charge for months...

cheapest plan for occasional use?

I clicked it and got 3 items for 3 cents.....what did I just buy??? lol

Lycamobile operates or TMobile or AT&T towers? Any reviews please...

NM:: Learned that it is a TMobile MVNO, does not work for me, my kids school area TMobile is very  spotty.

Boochi said:   Lycamobile operates or TMobile or AT&T towers? Any reviews please...
  I've had pretty good luck with lycamobile, some faded calls (for the people I'm speaking with, not on my end) but I just call them back.  No dropped calls, just faded and scratchy sometimes, but that's not often.

I have a buddy who just moved to Paris, I'm in Austin, Lycamobile the least expensive by far, calling either his home or mobile phone over there.  (Yeah, we use Skype but sometimes I'm out and about or he is out and about and has his cell, call quality same as if he was still here in South Austin.

No idea what towers they are on.

They are aggressively pushing their way into US market, very big in other parts of the world, how I understand it.

Overall, thumbs up, great for my usage on a cheapie-sleazy cell that I toss into my bike bag, pay as you go, I go onto their web site, throw another ten bucks on it and I'm good to go, I think it's like $0.02 a minute here in the states, I can talk to my mother up there in yankeeland for next to nothing.

Best place to learn more about Lyca (and other MVNOs) and the one I used before signing up one of our mobiles (so far, so good):

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/249-General-Prepaid...

Hope this helps some folks here.

If they are a TMO MVNO I'm surprised that they don't offer service in my area, coverage map claims they do (I have a TMO number). All I get is that they don't have numbers available for me. Trying to get them on chat returns a "null", disconnect.

Lycamobile vs H2O summary for light use

- voice 2c vs 5c per minute
- text 4c vs 5c per text
- data 6c vs 10c per MB (* see below)
- refill duration, lyca - indefinitely if a call or text is made once every 3 months, H2O - $10 minimum refill every 90 days
- coverage, lyca - T-Mobile, H2O - at&t
- itemized call report, lyca - yes, H2O - no

* lyca rounds every data access to 1c. This means that if you leave your phone always on data and have frequent update like emails, your lyca data cost could be a lot more than H2O eventhough per MB cost is less.

For me, it comes down to at&t has a lot better coverage and I am not a huge voice or mms user so the smaller data cost on H2O becomes a big factor if I want to get instant email updates all day.

Their SIM cars are still free if you buy $10 worth of minutes at the same time as the cards

rich123 said:   Their SIM cars are still free if you buy $10 worth of minutes at the same time as the cards

Or you can get the $.01 sim and get the refill with callingmart for 3% off (ca3p-1207 $18 minimum).

I thought this was a dual-sim card adapter, allowing you to connect to different providers in the same phone. It's a single SIM, with dual sizes -- Full-size, or can be cut down to Mini/Micro/Whatever-It-Is.

vickh said:   cheapest plan for occasional use?
  Pick up a Lycamobile sim and a Nokia Lumia 521 (they go on sale for ~$69, no contract)
  You can text and talk alot on lycamobile prepaid, before you even get close to the cost of a postpaid plan.
   $10 refill willl get you 500 mins of talk, or 250 texts..

Lycamobile SIM requires unlocked phone, even for the T-Mobile branded phones. Lycamobile is the ONLY T-Mobile based MVNO that does NOT work with T-Mobile phones.

In order to use Lumina 521 phone with Lycamobile, it must be unlocked.

On a side note, Lycamobile - incoming texts are FREE, even if your balance is zero. It charges 4 cents per outgoing text messages.

d09se13 said:   Lycamobile SIM requires unlocked phone, even for the T-Mobile branded phones. Lycamobile is the ONLY T-Mobile based MVNO that does NOT work with T-Mobile phones.

In order to use Lumina 521 phone with Lycamobile, it must be unlocked.

On a side note, Lycamobile - incoming texts are FREE, even if your balance is zero. It charges 4 cents per outgoing text messages.

Not true for me.  I put an activated Lycamobile SIM in my 521 and it worked fine.  It will not with contracted TM carrier towers like ATT.  So as long as you are pinging to a TM tower it should work fine.

Thanks this will finally help me unlock my note 2

link to unlock fw page

Bought one Lycamobile micro SIM kit from Amazon, shipping took 3-4 days. Activated it online, purchased talk time from callingmart and charged my number.

For porting my PagePlus number to LC, called the Lycamobile customer care from same cell phone, I was able to connect with in 2-3 minutes after couple of options, gave my PP account number (cell number itself) and PIN.

CC rep checked if it can be ported or not. Within a minute, he confirmed that it can be done, and he initiated the porting request.

Within 4 hours, my number is ported to lycamobile. I got the confirmation text also..

Now I am on my new phone with same old number, the voice quality is crystal clear !! Signal strength is pretty good with all 4 bars. (My other ATT never had more than 2-3 bars)

Got another text from LC mobile with data settings, just clicked it and my data settings were updated in one shot !! (I am using Android smart phone)

I can see my data speed also pretty good..

I am on my second week, so far so good..

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am new to cell phones. I picked up a cheap Samsung Gusto 2 phone from Radio Shack. Will Lycamobile work on this phone?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014