• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just purchased an iPhone 5s from Target mobile and they had a special with the following for most smartphones (I believe):
* $35 activation fee waived
* $100 account credit after 60 days
* the biggest surprise was unlimited voice/text and 1 GB data for $60 (and for those that need lesser data $45 for 250 MB).

For those that need Verizon wireless reliability, may be this is a good deal. I also found a link

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plan... 

Member Summary

Verizon Wireless $45 (250MB) or $60 (1GB) unlimited voice/text plan
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

verizon
Thanks naranja
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Did anyone get statement credit yet?

Rubl (Apr. 08, 2014 @ 10:21a) |

LOL, talk about "Bend Over"

Not surprising, though. It's all about getting you on to the higher-priced monthly plans.

cpabster (Apr. 08, 2014 @ 10:22a) |

Is this still alive? How to get the 250MB $45 plan?

wuad (Apr. 19, 2014 @ 9:36p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This was part of the More Everything rollout - Verizon finally got some sanity on single line plans.

Only a good deal if you want a Verizon 4G LTE device and don't use a lot of data. PagePlus is still a better deal, and joining that with a T-Mobile $30/5GB data device is what I would use. (Or the new 35orLess plan).

That gives you Verizon CDMA voice coverage on a basic phone, with something like an iPhone or Nexus on T-Mobile for data. Only caveat is if you need the Verizon LTE data coverage - then this deal starts to make more sense.

Of course, I have grandfathered unlimited/unthrottled Verizon 4G LTE, so I don't really matter much here.

The $100 credit basically drops you another ~$9 per month for a year.

The good news is the other networks have finally caught up with deployment and vzn can no longer over charge people for supposedly better network. I did just heard this in the financial news just last week.

This might be close enough to entice me to switch over. They have never ever been on my radar due to their high price and derpy phones in the past.

As FWers, we love competitions!

Did you have to pay retail for the iphone, or you got the discounted rate ans signed a new 2 year contract?

chaalu;18324388 saidid you have to pay retail for the iphone, or you got the discounted rate ans signed a new 2 year contract?

same question here.

seems like discounted rate for phone. $199 for 5s and $0.00 for 4s.

Discounted price, plus something else I found out an hour ago that all Verizon iPhones come unlocked due to some government mandate. I popped an AT&T sim and worked just fine.

iPhones are $50 off at Best Buy this week and all the same offers exist. There is also a $100 off a tablet/laptop/phone with a mobile hotspot activation. The mobile hotspot is also eligible for the waived activation and $100 bill credit.

GWBush said:   The good news is the other networks have finally caught up with deployment and vzn can no longer over charge people for supposedly better network. I did just heard this in the financial news just last week.

Big YMMV. In Greater Boston area all major carriers have good coverage (well, maybe except Sprint) but from my experience data coverage on carriers other than VZ (and esp. on Sprint and T-Mo) really starts to lag as you move away from the city. I work ~ 25mi north of Boston and most of my colleagues, esp. the ones living in NH are on VZ, because other networks just don't provide sufficient coverage. I imagine things get worse in really rural areas.

Freedompop offers monthly quota:

500 MB (Vonage app will give you 3,000 voice minutes and texts)

200 Voice minutes (just in case)

500 texts/month (just in case)

Monthly cost: $0

Sorry, Verizon!

Looks like the $100 bill credit and free activation is only good at Target. Don't know if bestbuy has the same promotion.

Does anyone know if this type of plan qualify for Corporate discount? I believe my Corporate discount is 15% off. They will knock down the $60 to $51 or $45 to $38.25.

what do you mean $100 credit after 60days? $60 for data 1 gb looks like not worth.

HKSturboKid said:   Does anyone know if this type of plan qualify for Corporate discount? I believe my Corporate discount is 15% off. They will knock down the $60 to $51 or $45 to $38.25.
  Asked a CSR via chat and he said no.

We stopped by Costco and they have a similar deal.  I don't have all the details other than:

.activation fee waived
.$100 rebate on the phone (I'm pretty sure I heard a rebate instead of an account credit, but I could be wrong)
.unlimited voice/text and 1Gb data for $60

IIRC, the $100 is valid until Monday or some time really soon.  The plan price ($60) is valid until the end of next month (YMMV).

I think the S4 mini was a free phone and the others were discounted (2 yr contract).  We are already on Verizon and it's actually cheaper for us to get this rather than convert our old plan to a new plan (and add a line).

Rubl said:   
HKSturboKid said:   Does anyone know if this type of plan qualify for Corporate discount? I believe my Corporate discount is 15% off. They will knock down the $60 to $51 or $45 to $38.25.

i don't think that's true!
  because, i just did a chat with a CSR & he said i will get my corporate discount(20%) for the mentioned plan.
 it makes more sense, since, it is also a 2 year contract & nothing much different than their old plans.
i have a mobile share value plan(month by month) from At&t with 300MB data for $45 & i get my corporate discount on $45 bill also.

pradeepkrcv said:   
Rubl said:   

i don't think that's true!
  because, i just did a chat with a CSR & he said i will get my corporate discount(20%) for the mentioned plan.
 it makes more sense, since, it is also a 2 year contract & nothing much different than their old plans.
i have a mobile share value plan(month by month) from At&t with 300MB data for $45 & i get my corporate discount on $45 bill also.

Yeah, I was going to ask again today at their store.   Not surprised there are different answers to that.
Anyone got this deal and the discount?

love4money said:   Freedompop offers monthly quota:

500 MB (Vonage app will give you 3,000 voice minutes and texts)

200 Voice minutes (just in case)

500 texts/month (just in case)

Monthly cost: $0

Sorry, Verizon!

For some people, Freedompop is a great alternative.   For myself, my family and some of our friends, we've all left Verizon and went Republic Wireless.   Seriously, my wife and I are on the $10/month unlimited text, cell (and wifi of course) and when we go on vacation, she bumps it up to the $25 everything (3G) and I to $40 everything (4G) and then when we return, we simply make a few screen presses and drop back down to the $10/month plan.
Love the MotoX phone, love the service, the company and of course, saving an incredible amount of money as compared to our past Verizon experience...we're RW customers "for life".

That is not true to me. When I went to my online account, I have to add another $40 per device. I just have one line and only pay $70 for 4G+450 mins. The total price for me 4G+unlimited talk=$110 (I don't talk a lot on the phone). With $40 for a unlimited talk, I will pass it. Be careful the catch!

lizhang3 said:   That is not true to me. When I went to my online account, I have to add another $40 per device. I just have one line and only pay $70 for 4G+450 mins. The total price for me 4G+unlimited talk=$110 (I don't talk a lot on the phone). With $40 for a unlimited talk, I will pass it. Be careful the catch!
  What are you talking about?

Sweet, just revised my existing plan and dropped my monthly. Thanks!

For another good plan with excellent service look at the ATT GoPhone prepaid monthly plan. There is no contract for Unlimited talk/text/2GB LTE Data and you pay $60/mo. You can buy this with a 10% discount from Callingmart which brings the price down to $54/mo. No tax or any other fees or charges.

BankMan said:   For another good plan with excellent service look at the ATT GoPhone prepaid monthly plan. There is no contract for Unlimited talk/text/2GB LTE Data and you pay $60/mo. You can buy this with a 10% discount from Callingmart which brings the price down to $54/mo. No tax or any other fees or charges.
  How are the data speeds?

GoPhone plan is fine if AT&T coverage suffices (and LTE is available in your area). It's a bit cheaper and no contract.

However, nothing matches Verizon coverage. Including LTE. So there's that.

mrmonty said:   I just purchased an iPhone 5s from Target mobile and they had a special with the following for most smartphones (I believe):
* $35 activation fee waived
* $100 account credit after 60 days
* the biggest surprise was unlimited voice/text and 1 GB data for $60 (and for those that need lesser data $45 for 250 MB).

For those that need Verizon wireless reliability, may be this is a good deal. I also found a link

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plan...

Do you know if this is only until today, or if it will go for the whole week?

So... this is pretty much Verizon's Loyalty Plan, but for new customers?

nm: The Loyalty Plan gives you 2 GB of data for $60, not 1 GB. Otherwise, it seems pretty similar to me.

Best Buy definitely has the same deal, signs are posted within the department.  Cheaper phones make this a better deal.

gooddealie said:   So... this is pretty much Verizon's Loyalty Plan, but for new customers?

nm: The Loyalty Plan gives you 2 GB of data for $60, not 1 GB. Otherwise, it seems pretty similar to me.

Except this one is good for new customers.

GoPhone LTE speeds are whatever they are for ATT in your area. Check out this site Howard Forums/ ATT GoPhone data speeds to find out what speeds others are getting.

$45 plus tax is for a basic phone 250MB data. A smartphone will be $55 plus tax 250MB data, but beware of $15/GB data overage fee.
I am still on the old family plan and staying there with my 3 basic phones. I pay $80 for 1400 minutes and unlimited text, $9.99 per line for 5 lines, $80 data for 2 smartphones. with tax $245 vs $275 more everything

lyubomirb said:   $45 plus tax is for a basic phone 250MB data. A smartphone will be $55 plus tax 250MB data, but beware of $15/GB data overage fee.
I am still on the old family plan and staying there with my 3 basic phones. I pay $80 for 1400 minutes and unlimited text, $9.99 per line for 5 lines, $80 data for 2 smartphones. with tax $245 vs $275 more everything

No
$45 (and also $60) includes smartphones.  Its a limited offer plan.

cpabster said:   
gooddealie said:   So... this is pretty much Verizon's Loyalty Plan, but for new customers?

Except this one is good for new customers.

Those on the Loyalty Plan are guaranteed the conditions and rates for only one year. This may end up being the future plan that will be the closest in cost and description to the Loyalty Plan once the year is up. I certainly prefer the possibility of having to go to this plan rather than going back to the "share everything" plan I had prior to going to the Loyalty Plan.

cpabster said:   GoPhone plan is fine if AT&T coverage suffices (and LTE is available in your area). It's a bit cheaper and no contract.

Except if you're not in an LTE area (and there are lot more of them than you might think) you are knocked down to 2G,  They have no 3g(HSPA/+).  It's eaither LTE fast or vvvveeerrrryyy sllloooowwwww. 

MisterEd said:   
cpabster said:   GoPhone plan is fine if AT&T coverage suffices (and LTE is available in your area). It's a bit cheaper and no contract.

Except if you're not in an LTE area (and there are lot more of them than you might think) you are knocked down to 2G,  They have no 3g(HSPA/+).  It's eaither LTE fast or vvvveeerrrryyy sllloooowwwww. 

You must be thinking of T-Mobile or some AT&T areas where you go down to EDGE ... Verizon 3G (EVDO) isn't THAT bad...it's quite useable. There are very, very few places where you would not have EVDO or LTE with Verizon.

Thanks mrmonty, updating my plan just saved me $40/mo.

How can anyone support a company that is trying to destroy "net neutrality"? You won't have a fat wallet if they succeed.  It is reason enough to quit Verizon.

po90260 said:   How can anyone support a company that is trying to destroy "net neutrality"? You won't have a fat wallet if they succeed.  It is reason enough to quit Verizon.
  Easy! 

Every company has some political agenda I don't agree with so I :

1) Buy their product at the least amount of money so they don't get a profit (AKA Bestbuy loss leaders)
2) Don't buy their products that are overpriced (Also Bestbuy)
3) Use any monthly plans I have with them to the upper limit thereby costing them money. (Aka Verizon Data plans)

That's how you stick it to them and still keep your 'morality'

Otherwise, I can look up any company and find some 'morality issues' with them.

Is the $100 account credit expired?
Spoke with VZW regarding switching to this plan and they said that offer doesn't exist.
I'll go to Target after work and see if its still available, maybe its just a Target offer?

Skipping 31 Messages...
Is this still alive? How to get the 250MB $45 plan?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014