• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Obihai Sale Highlights @ Amazon - Promo Code: 15OFFOBI
Save $15 on an OBi1 Series, OBi2 Series or the OBi508vs VoIP Device

Anveo Sale Highlights @ Anevo OBiTALK User Set-Up Website:
Save $4 or $10 on service from Anveo - Exclusive to OBi device owners who use the OBiTALK portal for service configuration.

=12ptObihai Products:
Click the OBi product model below to go directly to the "Sold-by" Obihai Technology, Inc. product page on Amazon.com. DO NOT use the Amazon checkout promo code with any other seller's offer (including the 'Sold by Amazon.com' offer).

OBi100 - $24.99 w/ Disc : 1 Phn Port - 1 Eth Port - Up to 2 VoIP Svcs - Reg. $39.99

OBi110 - $34.99 w/ Disc : 1 Phn Port - 1 Line Port - 1 Eth Port - Up to 2 VoIP Svcs - Reg: $49.99

OBi200 - $34.99 w/ Disc : 1 Phn Port - 1 Eth Port - USB Port - Up to 4 VoIP Svcs - Reg: $49.99

OBi202 - $54.99 w/ Disc : 2 Phn Ports - 1 Eth Port - USB Port  - Up to 4 VoIP Svcs - Reg. $69.99

OBi508vs - $334.99 w/ Disc : 8 Phn Ports - 4 Eth Ports - 3 USB  - Up to 8 VoIP Svcs - Reg. $349.99

OBi Product Primer 
Use the Promo Code: 15OFFOBI to get $15.00 off any Obihai Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Universal VoIP adapter.  This OBi sale expires at one minute to midnight (11:59) Pacific time, on Monday February 17th.

 

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

obi
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just ordered the OBi100 and the code 15OFFOBI still works. Total cost was $24.99 (Prime Shipping). Once it arrives, I wi... (more)

CheapoCharlie (Feb. 18, 2014 @ 4:19p) |

One more thing about Callcentric - they have one point of presence - in New York.  When Hurricane Sandy came through, th... (more)

sleepfaster (Feb. 18, 2014 @ 5:00p) |

I prefer www.voip.com which is the same company as www.phonepower.com
I don't like to deal with per minute stuff. They pr... (more)

TheKuja (Feb. 18, 2014 @ 5:05p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Soon these won't get free Google Voice service..

Bizatch said:   Soon these won't get free Google Voice service..
What makes you say that?

will not work for Google Voice

Harringt0n said:   
Bizatch said:   Soon these won't get free Google Voice service..
What makes you say that?

  See this

Just set one up. Bought 2 years of unlimited ObiVoice. Great service so far, especially since my Ooma crapped out.

Incredible device, just need to find a decent VOIP provider. Works great with callcentric. Nothing is free in this world, days of free calling over Google Voice and Obi will be gone, but that is no big deals!

Does anyone know if using obiVoice (or any other service), do people calling the number need always dial the area code? Here in idaho you don't need to dial an area code when calling within the state and I want that to still be the case using Obi. I know google voice would always require folks to use the area code and I want to avoid that.

Ported my landline to OBivoice and bought 2 years.  Flawless service so far - super pleased.

sauceyapple said:   Does anyone know if using obiVoice (or any other service), do people calling the number need always dial the area code? Here in idaho you don't need to dial an area code when calling within the state and I want that to still be the case using Obi. I know google voice would always require folks to use the area code and I want to avoid that.
 For VOIP, you can always configure the dialplan of your ATA devices, e.g., the Obi1xx/2xx, to have default area code so you only need to dial 7 digits in your area.

These can be used as generic VOIP adapters (ATAs) if the Google Voice support ends. At the price, these are very good deal. In my opinion, they have more functionalities and pretty good quality then the universal ATA, such as Linksys and Grandstream.
Actually, you can connect more than VOIP services as specified above with limited functionalities, such as for dial out only.

If you are a light caller, you can use your Obi with Callcentric's pay by the minute plan. Right now they have free porting (normally $25). It's about 2 cents per minute and $2 a month.

markbyte said:   If you are a light caller, you can use your Obi with Callcentric's pay by the minute plan. Right now they have free porting (normally $25). It's about 2 cents per minute and $2 a month.
  In that case, I feel localphone will be even better.  For US calls, it is 0.5 cent per minute.

One more thing to mention about Callcentric. They have free local numbers to NY with free incoming calls. So you could get a free number, then continue to use Google Voice as you are now just put that number down as the forwarding number. The number only works for incoming calls but that only means when you wanted to dial out you would need to do it via the web interface in Google Voice. You would want to dial this way anyway so that your correct number would show up on the outgoing call.

volcs said:   Just set one up. Bought 2 years of unlimited ObiVoice. Great service so far, especially since my Ooma crapped out.
  How much is the 2 year and did you have any discounts? Thanks

The code does not work with the links. It will only work with Obihai direct product page. For example, this one  for Obi110.

Deleted.  Replied to the wrong post. 

raadical said:   
volcs said:   Just set one up. Bought 2 years of unlimited ObiVoice. Great service so far, especially since my Ooma crapped out.
  How much is the 2 year and did you have any discounts? Thanks

  You can check here.  Go to plans and then see all *** plans to find the information.  

twinclouds said:   
markbyte said:   If you are a light caller, you can use your Obi with Callcentric's pay by the minute plan. Right now they have free porting (normally $25). It's about 2 cents per minute and $2 a month.
  In that case, I feel localphone will be even better.  For US calls, it is 0.5 cent per minute.

  Localphone can provide even cheaper calling if you subscribe to one of their new monthly plans.  As loq as 0.1 cent per minute US.

I have 4 different ATA devices and my Obi202 is my favorite.  With this deal I also grabbed an Obi110.  The Obi is almost as good having an Asterisk server.

There are about ten OBI100s in use by family and friends.  Just bought another one as a spare.

markbyte said:   One more thing to mention about Callcentric. They have free local numbers to NY with free incoming calls. So you could get a free number, then continue to use Google Voice as you are now just put that number down as the forwarding number. The number only works for incoming calls but that only means when you wanted to dial out you would need to do it via the web interface in Google Voice. You would want to dial this way anyway so that your correct number would show up on the outgoing call.
  For outgoing calls you can use LocalPhone at .5 cents or less a minute dialing directly from your phone.  You can also use the GV web interface for free if you have access to your PC.

giqcass said:   twinclouds said:   
markbyte said:   If you are a light caller, you can use your Obi with Callcentric's pay by the minute plan. Right now they have free porting (normally $25). It's about 2 cents per minute and $2 a month.
  In that case, I feel localphone will be even better.  For US calls, it is 0.5 cent per minute.

  Localphone can provide even cheaper calling if you subscribe to one of their new monthly plans.  As loq as 0.1 cent per minute US.

I have 4 different ATA devices and my Obi202 is my favorite.  With this deal I also grabbed an Obi110.  The Obi is almost as good having an Asterisk server.
Voip.ms is cheaper.
$1/month for the DID (telephone line), and then 1 cent per minute for each incoming/outgoing call. Cheaper if you call to Canada!

Just ordered the OBi100 and the code 15OFFOBI still works. Total cost was $24.99 (Prime Shipping). Once it arrives, I will do the trial with http://www.obivoice.com/ before I port my phone over.

One more thing about Callcentric - they have one point of presence - in New York.  When Hurricane Sandy came through, there was no Callcentric.

It might or might not ever go down again, but I switched our lines from Callcentric to Anveo for just that reason.

Dennis

I prefer www.voip.com which is the same company as www.phonepower.com
I don't like to deal with per minute stuff. They provide unlimited calling and all the calling features you can want for a flat rate.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014