• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

H2O Wireless Direct Dialing GSM Sim Card Starter Kit AT T Network Prepaid - Lowest Rate Nationwide, No Contract
Disclaimer
H2O Wireless Mini-SIM Cards or Micro-SIM  - $0.01 w/ FS at Amazon.

These H20 SIM cards works on any unlocked or AT&T GSM phone uses AT&T network coverage areas.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

H2O Wireless Mini-SIM Cards or Micro-SIM
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For H2o wireless, if you go over the data alotment per month, is data then throttled? or are there overage charges?

I figure I'll post my experience with H2O for anyone interested. Here's my brief summary:

Pros:
- Service is AT&T's prepaid network, which is pretty good. It's not quite as extensive as you would get with postpaid (due to carrier roaming agreements), but I haven't had any issues.
- Data is HSPA. I get about 4-8Mbps, which is plenty for me. There is currently no LTE.
- They just announced a promotion that you get 10% off if you sign up for auto-renewal
- Their $30/mo ($27/mo with autopay) unlimited talk/text and 500megs data can't be beat.
- Prices include taxes, so what you see is what you pay.
- SIM cards are dirt cheap
- Their website lets you track data usage and they have an app for it as well, so you're not in the dark about how much you've used and can keep an eye on it throughout the month.

Cons:
- There is no conditional call forwarding (i.e. for using google voice as your voicemail service with your regular phone number), and no three-way calling on their "unlimited" 30-day plans. Both of these are a big bummer.
- There have been reports of throttling data (i.e. throttling at 1gig on their 2gig 30-day plan) and I've seen one report of a person having text messages blocked due to overuse (on an "unlimited" talk/text plan). I've never heard of throttling on the 500meg plan or had any issues like this myself.
- The data limits are hard limits (unlike some others, i.e. AIO and Net10 that are "unlimited" but throttled when you hit a pre-set limit).

Overall, for $27/mo, H2O is an excellent value. But if you need more than 500 megs of data/mo, there might be better options depending on your usage. I ported a number from StraightTalk using their online form without any problems (took about 2 hours for me) and haven't had a need to call customer service, which is more than I can say about StraightTalk, whose website was always broken.

Dave

premiumg said:   For H2o wireless, if you go over the data alotment per month, is data then throttled? or are there overage charges?
  Neither.. no overage charges because it's all pre-paid. So data just stops working until you start a new month. While I've never done it, From what I've read (but unverified), you can activate a new month to reset your data while still extending your days (i.e. if you use all your data after 15 days and then recharge, your new expiration date will be 45 days in the future with your data reset) which gives some flexibility.

I just saw this message thought to comment since I use it myself. Their pay as you go plan is very nice at $30 for 3 month or $100 for 12 month. You can "roll over"/"keep alive" your unused minutes by adding $10 or more into the account. It is a really nice way for low usage users to keep an account alive with minimal amount of money. My wife is a light user we essentially pay a few dollars a month.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014