• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door 2014 [Kindle Edition] $1.99 ~ Amazon

Amazon Link

Great travel resource. At 2 bucks, it's a no-brainer. I have used these books for several trips and always found them helpful.

Member Summary

Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door 2014 [Kindle Edition]
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you have a tablet, detailed destination guides are not as important as they used to be. As soon as a hotel or restaurant are mentioned in one, the price goes way up. So the best approach is to just look things up on the internet.

On the other hand, this guide is about strategy and tactics, which do not change as rapidly. If you're taking an ereader or tablet, bring this guide along with you.

Europe through the back door?

The internet has ruined me.

Rick Steves Europe
Disclaimer
Excellent find, IronMan69! $2 well spent. I'm in.

In the past, I find Rick Steves BOOKS to be a better choice - the maps that the books have are easy to read, while on the Kindle, they tend not to zoom as well, making the maps very difficult to read. But for $2, how can you go wrong?

I also suggest that if you're a Facebook user, follow Rick Steves. He occasionally has deals for Facebook users that simply are amazing. For instance, the last deal he had (last week) was for a DVD / CD combination of European locations and the symphonies they are famous for. It was only $2, but shipping added $6. So I bought 5 sets (total of $16). They'll make great gifts.

The title is catchy

.....I always wondered about Rick........

Europe Through the Back Door?

It must be a book about flying into Charles de Gaulle airport.

Thx OP. In 4 1.

lol don't worry you aren't alone...first thing i thought too

Thanks OP, I'm about to start planning for this year and this will come in handy.

Still alive!

I've used Rick Steve's books for a couple self-guided Europe vacations; we used country- or region-specific books (rather than this general book), but they are highly recommended.

Rick is kind of a tool, but his books do come in handy. We like the country / city specific books over all of Europe. Much more details and better tips for sight seeing. Also, they are smaller and easier to carry on day trips.

Nothing better than a backpack and a book though. So many memories.

With trips to London, Amsterdam, & Paris later this summer this should really come in handy! Thanks!

meggacat said:   .....I always wondered about Rick........
Me too, especially when his "The Mediterranean Through The Back Door" was released.

Thanks OP.

Downloaded to Google Nexus tablet.

Family is going to Europe in 10 days on road trips thru Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Budapest Hungary, Venice Italy. I also used free app Triposo on iPhone for regional travel tips but having Rick's book on a tablet will be plus. Used Triposo on my biz travels to Switzerland and Rome/Florence/Paris family vacation 2 years ago.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014