Voting History
rated:

Surface RT 24W Power Supply
Disclaimer

Surface RT HD Digital AV Adapter
Disclaimer

Surface RT 24W Power Supply
Disclaimer
Staples has the original Surface RT wallwart power adapter (24 watt) and the HDMI  adapter clearance priced from $39.99 each down to $5 each. I picked up two power adapters and one hdmi adapter at my local store and there was a single hdmi adapter left on the shelve.  

Links for the products on Staples site:

Power adapter linky 

HDMI adapter linky 

Member Summary

Surface RT OEM Power and HDMI adapter
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

Receipt image
Thanks papeluv
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For what it's worth, both items say "online only."

It's 39.99 online.. is there a coupon to bring it down to $5?

Its in-store clearance. Mine were on an endcap under the Microsoft surface display models next to the keyboards and surface mouse.

Can anyone else confirm?

Odd experience at Staples (surprise!). They had the type keyboard for the RT on clearance. Six boxes were hanging under the display. They were all empty. When I asked, they said they had none in stock but they were expected to keep the display looking full by putting the empty boxes on the display. Wouldn't sell the display model because they said corporate has kept the product active at full price (online the price is a sale price, not a clearance price). I saw the power supply yesterday but there was no clearance tag so I'll stop by today for a price check. Probably will find another empty box.....

bippie said:   Odd experience at Staples (surprise!). They had the type keyboard for the RT on clearance. Six boxes were hanging under the display. They were all empty. When I asked, they said they had none in stock but they were expected to keep the display looking full by putting the empty boxes on the display. Wouldn't sell the display model because they said corporate has kept the product active at full price (online the price is a sale price, not a clearance price). I saw the power supply yesterday but there was no clearance tag so I'll stop by today for a price check. Probably will find another empty box.....
  I had a similar experience before Christmas. I was trying to track down a Type Cover for my dad. Six boxes on the peghook, none in stock. Having worked for one of their competitors during college, I would say this is a fairly ridiculous policy that probably makes life miserable at times for Staples employees. I know I left frustrated and less willing to shop there. That being said, hoping to score a power adapter this morning. Thanks OP!

iamthejosh said:   Can anyone else confirm?
  Why don't you call your local Staples and ask? Seems like people are having different experiences at different stores.

these items are still full price at my local store so YMMV.

Even if it says online only, there may be store stock.  Use the inventory checker with the SKUs in the OP's links to check stock in your local store.  If it says "Low stock", it may be on clearance.
Inventory checker

00sweeney said:   

Why don't you call your local Staples and ask? Seems like people are having different experiences at different stores.

I go by the rule never call. Even for a simple deal like this.

iamthejosh said:   
00sweeney said:   

So, you're going to hope that someone on FW not only lives in your area, but saw this post, went to your local Staples, and then replied to your comment?

That seems like a silly rule. But your optimism is admirable.

00sweeney said:   iamthejosh said:   
00sweeney said:   

So, you're going to hope that someone on FW not only lives in your area, but saw this post, went to your local Staples, and then replied to your comment?

That seems like a silly rule. But your optimism is admirable.

I just asked a simple question dude. You're not supposed to call because an employee might purchase them if they realize they are ao cheap. I am out of town on business (if you must know) and was wondering what other people's experiences were.

I made the trek. Park City Utah Staples has only power adapters in stock for 79.99.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014