• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Of course it will be YMMV but many reports of complete clearance of Nooks at Target.  In store only.  Online does not reflect clearance pricing.

I purchased a Nook HD 8GB for $64.50 two weeks ago and today got a Nook HD 16GB that was marked $74.50.

Double check all numbers.  I think I got them right.  I believe these are all 50% off.  Some have seen higher clearance (30%) but none lower, yet.

Nook Simple Touch $29.50

DPCI 057-17-0005

Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight  $39.50

DPCI 057-17-0042

Nook HD 8GB  $64.50

DPCI  057-17-0060 (Smoke)
           057-17-0061 (Snow)

Nook HD 16GB $74.50

DPCI   057-17-0062 (Smoke)
            057-17-0063 (Snow)

Nook HD+ 16GB $74.50

DPCI   057-17-0064

Target
See Target discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nook
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
So they've hit 70% off in your area.  Which is where?

Clearance on the Nooks is all over the map here.  Some stores still... (more)

bru20 (Mar. 19, 2014 @ 9:27a) |

ive called all the stores close to me in Louisiana and they are sold out of the regular nook hd. if anyone picks up an e... (more)

heatherann1259 (Mar. 19, 2014 @ 2:58p) |

Best to have someone IM you instead of posting your number.

sprof (Mar. 19, 2014 @ 5:45p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Should also put in store doesnt reflect clearance pricing, but always up for a challenge, not... at Target.

JaxFL said:   Should also put in store doesnt reflect clearance pricing, but always up for a challenge, not... at Target.
Do you mean they are not marked with the clearance price in store?

Mine had a few of the models marked with clearance stickers.  Others just when on clearance today and they hadn't even got to them.  But they did after I had them verify.  She put clearance stickers on every one.

Does either the nook HD or nook HD+ have a GPS module?

Thanks!
=aw

Ottawa, my HD+ does NOT have GPS.

*sent by Nook HD+*

ottawa said:   Does either the nook HD or nook HD+ have a GPS module?

Thanks!
=aw

No, at least HD+ does not have it.

nook hd+ wasn't on clearance, was $190~something with taxes

No Nooks have GPS or cameras.

Thanks!

=aw

Can any one of these be turned into an Android tablet?

Confirmed Simple Touch and HD on clearance in NorCal.

One way to convert this tablet to Android format:
https://www.n2acards.com/

(edit for clarity & completeness)

Theres 3 or 4 simple touch marked at $41 at the 65th location in Sacramento, CA

I got the HD+ 32g version for $125 last week. not the cheapest but it was the only HD+ and is 32g.

After some Google research of 'nook hd+ root' I found the instructions to convert it to android 4.4.2. It took a 4g sd card and about 10 minutes to complete.
So yes they can be converted.

Also got some HD 8g versions in Plano Texas.

Can be converted. Can use Clockwork mod and install Cyanogen.

gasaver said:   Can any one of these be turned into an Android tablet?
  They certainly can and for free. I've been running this for a while and it's completely stable.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2600572

I bought a Nook HD+ last summer when they dropped to $150- It is a great tablet for surfing the net, facebooking and awesome for magazines and books. Most apps android apps can be loaded, except for the ones that need GPS location.

starchpoodle said:   I bought a Nook HD+ last summer when they dropped to $150- It is a great tablet for surfing the net, facebooking and awesome for magazines and books. Most apps android apps can be loaded, except for the ones that need GPS location.
So did I.  I think it's a great deal for the price for a really nice 9" screen tablet.  I do think the Nook OS becomes horribly sluggish after a few months, though.  I have been meaning to convert it to CyangenMod, but haven't take the time to do it yet.

Tried WestChester store in Richmond, VA.  They had one 32GB HD+ and it was not on clearance.  $179.  They were out of everything else.  The guy checked all other stores in Richmond and they are all out too.  The clearance prices did not match what was on this post and the guy told me it can vary by store.  He said the 16GB HD+ was on clearance for $100 and the 8GB HD was $90.  He said they went on clearance in Richmond area a couple weeks ago.

heathiopian said:   Tried WestChester store in Richmond, VA.  They had one 32GB HD+ and it was not on clearance.  $179.  They were out of everything else.  The guy checked all other stores in Richmond and they are all out too.  The clearance prices did not match what was on this post and the guy told me it can vary by store.  He said the 16GB HD+ was on clearance for $100 and the 8GB HD was $90.  He said they went on clearance in Richmond area a couple weeks ago.
  And apparently the info the guy gave me was no good.  Target at Willow Lawn has the 16GB Nook HD for $104.  Not worth rushing out for in my book, but just FYI.

jimrome said:   One way to convert this tablet to Android format:

Do not buy this!!!! They are a disgrace to the community that does all the work. They are selling everyone else's hard work. When all you have to do is load it onto your own card. NOT GOOD!

heathiopian said:   
heathiopian said:   Tried WestChester store in Richmond, VA.  They had one 32GB HD+ and it was not on clearance.  $179.  They were out of everything else.  The guy checked all other stores in Richmond and they are all out too.  The clearance prices did not match what was on this post and the guy told me it can vary by store.  He said the 16GB HD+ was on clearance for $100 and the 8GB HD was $90.  He said they went on clearance in Richmond area a couple weeks ago.
  And apparently the info the guy gave me was no good.  Target at Willow Lawn has the 16GB Nook HD for $104.  Not worth rushing out for in my book, but just FYI.

Yeah, if you're in Richmond, call around.  Stores have them.  Mechanicsville says HD and HD+ are not on clearance.  Simple touch is on clearance.  about $40 for the regular simple touch and $55 for the one with glow light.  Again, not worth rushing out for in my opinion.

heathiopian said:   

I'm also in Richmond.  The Short Pump store had one Nook HD 8GB but 30% off.  They had the HD+ 32GB but at $179.  Maybe they forgot to sticker it.

heathiopian said:   

So the 16GB HD is on 30% clearance. Some stores around here did 30%, others went straight to 50%.

If its something you are interested check back to see if/when they move to 50% clearance...and hope there is stock left.

I bought a nook hd+ 16gb off craiglist. I found the Barnes and Noble OS to be rather sluggish. Used this guide to get me to Android 4.3 (cyanogenmod). Now it is zippier and more usable by my standards.

DISCLAIMER: use at your own discretion.

link to blogspot with some dude's instructions

keaton85 said:   jimrome said:   One way to convert this tablet to Android format:

Do not buy this!!!! They are a disgrace to the community that does all the work. They are selling everyone else's hard work. When all you have to do is load it onto your own card. NOT GOOD!

I don't understand how someone didn't just take that card image and upload, thus ending their business. Did someone? If so, where?

Strangely, at my store, 1 model (HD Snow 8) was 50%, the others were all 30%.

Sadly , my Target store doesnt have any nooks in stock

Good thing I didn't wait, I would have missed the Nook HD 16GB.

Only one Nook HD 8GB left for $64.50. Plenty of ST w/GL for $39.50. They even moved some out of the locked case to the clearance endcap.

Are any inventory checkers working for this? I haven't had success with them, and I'd love to know ahead of time if there is no stock at the stores I'm thinking of trying tonight.

mjbok said:   
keaton85 said:   

I don't understand how someone didn't just take that card image and upload, thus ending their business. Did someone? If so, where?

Why? When you can just download the files and transfer them into a card. Nothing special, they just make it look that way.

mjbok said:   
keaton85 said:   

There are numerous install options on XDA where those guys stole the image from to begin with.

Wow Nice Timing, I just lost 3 eBay bids for the simple touch glow for $40..and here it is $40 for new! haha

Houston, TX. I check two Target stores. They don't have any HD 16gb. They got simple touch with glowlight on clearance for $59 tax included.

Thanks OP, looks like I am going to Target tomorrow to see what they have.

dotnetnoob said:   Houston, TX. I check two Target stores. They don't have any HD 16gb. They got simple touch with glowlight on clearance for $59 tax included.
  Which stores in Houston did you check, I am on the North side.

is worldwide free shipping?

allauto said:   is worldwide free shipping?
No, is no worldwide free shipping. Is drive around and look in all the stores.

Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise, FL had a boatload of Nook HD 8GB. Got 2. Thanks OP

Skipping 22 Messages...
Best to have someone IM you instead of posting your number.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014