• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
OK, if the 2 for $3.33 Filet-O-Fish can get a thread, I guess this can.
The wings didn't sell very good at a higher price during football season, so McDonald's had to get rid of 10 million pounds of chicken wings.

I don't know about you, but when I have 10 million pounds of chicken wings to get rid of, I sell them at clearance prices.
I think they're among the best food they sell since they don't have the McLobster  any more.
Whoever came up with their warming trays should be made to have their office inside a giant warming tray. If you're lucky enough to get the wings straight out of the fryer, they're really good. I heard going to McDonalds at the time they switch from breakfast to lunch is the best time since the food has just been made.

Member Summary

McDonalds Mighty Wings 5 for $3 or 10 for $5
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Lol. Green for writeup!

10:31am tomorrow, here I come!

You are onto something there. I got a 5 piece at 1pm then my brother stopped by later that day (4:30ish) with a 10 piece. The ones from 4:30ish were much crispier. Overall, really not a bad price for wings. They have a decent amount of meat compared to some of the other guys. The only better deal is Papa Johns when they are running 50% off menu coupons.

Make sure you ask for ranch. Both times at the McD here, they default to BBQ for some reason. In their defense, they are asking if you want BBQ, but holy hell, man, even the Mighty Wings posters tell you to cool down with the ranch!

I love their chicken wings. $5 for 10 is a good deal for such a great tasting chicken wings. Combo that with some spicy bbq saunce...yummy

Thanks, I do like their wings especially at this price point! Beware that they are a little on the spicy side.

McLobster??? They should have a McCrab on a sourdough bread....patent pending...patent pending

thanks! like the wings, like the deal

I asked for Blue Cheese dressing and they acted like I asked for Squid or something.

I bought some 10 for 5 bux few weeks ago. last weekend, I went to another mickey D and they had the same promo flyer. only thing is that they put a "6" sticker over the 10 for 5 bux and thus its now 10 for $6 bux instead.  I guess some mickey D franchises thinks $0.50 a wing is just not profitable.....

minpa said:   I asked for Blue Cheese dressing and they acted like I asked for Squid or something.
  Did you remember the "Mc" prefix when you asked?

"McBlue Cheese please"

That is a terrific write up! Very good. I'm impressed, OP!!

I had some for lunch today with the buffalo sauce...Excuse me, McBuffalo SauceŽ. I can still feel it.

I'm going back tomorrow!

I'm predicting these go the way of the McDLT, so get them while they're hot!

I wish I could get two Fish sandwiches for $3.33. Locally, the promotion is... buy a fish sandwich combo and add a second fish sandwich for $0.59! Yeah, McDonalds totally has increasingly become expensive.

Pft, last year the deal was buy one at regular price, get the second for $0.69. The year before that was $1.00 each. Think I see Arby's on the agenda this year!

Went at 9PM. Had to wait about 10 minutes but they were fresh out of the fryer. Thanks OP!

Great deal! Thanks op!

Google 'mcdonald's mighty wings' and then click the 'news' tab. You'll see endless articles about how McDonalds is discontinuing these wings. They are firesale-ng them because they don't sell. After reading this I went down to get some because they sounded like a good deal. I figured out why they are not selling. The chicken meat is knobby. It's unclear whether it's dark meat or white meat; it depends which bite. About a third of the wings have broken bones in them. The skin is nasty and they cover it with a heavy coat of crust. There's as much crust as chicken!  I thought I was being frugal by buying ten for five dollars instead of five for three dollars. I forced myself to eat most of it except I took out a lot of ctrust and skin.  

I don't think anything at McDonald's is a "deal" (considering they sell low quality crap, IMHO... I couldn't force myself to eat anything there, except maybe a salad or some things from the dessert menu).  But I gave green to OP, just for the write-up.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014