• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link 

Great deal if you missed the new one bundled with a calculator for ~$300 from Adorama.

If you're considering this versus a 55-250mm IS II, I'd recommend the 70-300.  I think the 55-250mm is great for the price, but I'd tell you to pay the extra $100 (right now) to get the better lens.  Note that this one will be bigger and heavier.  It's not an L, but I think it'll get the job done for most people.  (Personally, I'd love to buy the 70-300 L someday.)

Canon
See Canon coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

lens
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I recently purchased the Adorama deal for $301, so I have both 55-250 and 70-300 for the time being.

Everything OP says is true, I'd just reiterate the 70-300 is a fair bit larger, and I'll wager it weighs twice as much as the 55-250.
This might be important if the user plans on carrying it all day, or is of smaller stature, like a youngster.
Otherwise a great lens at a super price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014