• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Google Play 2nd birthday deals
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Google should BUY somebody like Visa, MasterCard, Discover (probably a good one) or Amex.  They would wreak havoc on the... (more)

redgtxdi (Mar. 08, 2014 @ 4:10p) |

Don't forget, back then even the "quality" d/l's we're rips of only 128 or 192kbps, not to mention with far less develop... (more)

starcastic (Mar. 08, 2014 @ 6:41p) |

Right, now we will see free apps instead!  Woo hoo!

fatgempler (Mar. 12, 2014 @ 9:48p) |

Happy Birthday: Celebrate Google Play’s second birthday with this goodie bag of great deals! Be our guest and join the storewide party by picking up these limited-time gifts, from movies and music to exclusive offers on apps, games and e-books. Enjoy!  by the Google Play Team 

APPS
Badland  (by Frogmind, + 50% discount and a new menu theme, free) 
Dr. Seuss’ Green Eggs and Ham (by Oceanhouse Media, Inc., $0.99)
Dr. Seuss’ Oh, the Places You'll Go! (by Oceanhouse Media, Inc., $0.99)
Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat (by Oceanhouse Media, Inc., $0.99)
Dr. Seuss's ABC (by Oceanhouse Media, Inc., $0.99) 
Dr. Seuss’ One Fish Two Fish (by Oceanhouse Media, Inc., $0.99)
FIFA 14  (by EA Inc, + win an exclusive tournament to score Gold Players Premium Pack + 5000 coins, free) 
Heroes of Dragon Age (by EA Inc, free) 
QuizUp (by Plain Vanilla Games Corp, free) 
Royal Revolt 2 (by flaregames, + exclusive levels, free)
The Hunger Games Adventures (by Funtactix, + $5 in-game credit, free) 
The Sims FreePlay (by EA Inc, + 50% off Adopt a Toddler, free) 

DIGITAL BOOKS
Grumpy Cat (by Grumpy Cat, $1.99) 
Inside Game of Thrones (by Bryan Cogman, official companion book with set photos, storyboards, insider stories, etc. $3.03) 
Sherlock Holmes Handbook (by Ransom Riggs, a reader’s companion, $3.03)  

DIGITAL COOKBOOKS
Marshmallow Madness: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes (by Shauna Sever, $3.03) 
Tartine (by Elisabeth Prueitt of the famous SF bakery, $3.03)  

MAGAZINES
Entertainment Weekly (50% off annual subscription, weekly guide, $2.99)
Every Day with Rachael Ray (50% off subscription, $1.99) 
Family Circle (50% off annual subscription, $1.99)
InStyle (50% off annual subscription, $1.99) 

MOVIES & TV
Amazing Spider-Man (Action & Adventure, $7.99) 
Bad Grandpa (Comedy, HD, 50%, $3.99)
Big (Comedy, digital HD, free)
Cupcake Wars (Season 7, $0.99) 
Duck Dynasty (Season 5, $9.99) 
Real Housewives of NYC (last 4 seasons of the show 60% off, $6.99) 
Red 2 (Action & Adventure , HD, was $8.99, now $3.99) 
Regular Show (Season 8, Episode 1, Mar 3, 2014, free) 
Star Trek Into Darkness (Sci-Fi & Fantasy, 50% off HD, $9.99) 
The Dark Knight Rises (Action & Adventure, conclusion to the modern Batman trilogy, $6.99)
The Great Gatsby (Drama, 50% off, $6.99)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Action & Adventure , extended version, 50% off, $6.99)
The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1st season, full season, $4.99) 
World War Z (Drama, $9.99) 

MUSIC
50 Cent "In Da Club" (MP3 single, free)
Bee Gees "Saturday Night Fever" (MP3 album, $3.99)
Black Sabbath "Paranoid" (MP3 album, $3.99) 
Icona Pop "I Love It (feat. Charli XCX)" (MP3 single, free)
Jay-Z "The Blueprint" (MP3 album, $3.99) 
Prince "Let's Go Crazy" (MP3 single, free) 
Notorious BIG "Greatest Hits" (MP3 album, $3.99)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

We will never see .10 apps again. I heard Google lost their butts on credit card processing fees!

Pretty lame choices from what I see

Definitely considering Biggie. My love for him knows no bounds. I have Spotify but gah...

Disappointing almost beyond belief

:Yawn:

a. Microsoft
b. Google
c. Apple
d  All the above.

No longer a round block among square holes, all are square now.

Badlands for $1.99 is the only thing worth it. It's an awesome game.

Buy that, then close the tab. There is nothing else worth considering.

Doctor Suess books for a buck, that's not a bad deal.  All these years later, I still love me some Green Eggs and Ham, and The Cat In The Hat, why, he's as large an American hero as Huck Finn!  Or so it seems to me.

Good deal on those, but that is all that I saw that blew my skirt up at all.

Thx for posting, OP.

Green.

If I didn't already spend my hard time and missed phone calls downloading those albums back in 1999-2002, I might have considered buying some of those albums.

coolbreeze said:   Badlands for $1.99 is the only thing worth it. It's an awesome game.

Showing as free now - run!

Just picked up "Badlands" for free. Thanks to all for sharing this info! Green for you

ManuFact said:   
coolbreeze said:   Badlands for $1.99 is the only thing worth it. It's an awesome game.

Showing as free now - run!

are you guys talking about Badland or badland"s", Badlands is some country music program. But anyways, both are free.

Yawn....

coolbreeze said:   We will never see .10 apps again. I heard Google lost their butts on credit card processing fees!
I have also been waiting for 10 cent apps again.

thanks, but there wasn't very much in there that I was interested. Having Big in HD was sorta nice though.

Centora87 said:   Just picked up "Badlands" for free. Thanks to all for sharing this info! Green for you
  Badlands has always been free. The IAP costs $3.99/currently $1.99. Is the IAP free as well? You can only play so much with the free version before hitting a paywall IAP demand...

Star Trek Into Darkness 50% off..now $10. HAHA. Yea..no.

Thanks for the reminder.

thanks

I hate it when I'm trying to buy an app which is not compatible with my phone/tablet and get denied.

Google should still allow the purchase (hence, locking in the price) because I also have a Nexus 7 elsewhere (at home, which is where it normally stays, and which is pretty much able to accept all apps I've tried installing on it. Besides, we alk know the license is tied to my account (not the device) and will always be available for a future install (well, at least according to big brother Google).

I know there are ways around this but sometimes it's inconvenient to jump through those hoops. Why would Google make it more difficult for themselves to sell an app? So much for true 'open source'.

I must have been a late player to the Android game - I don't recall the .10 cent apps. The lowest priced apps I remember were the .25 cent apps (I think it was this time last year). Was especially nice to buy several normally 4.99 and up priced apps for .25 each (cheap enough to buy licenses for myself and my wife).

Thanks for posting this, OP. Happy Saturday to everyone.

coolbreeze said:   We will never see .10 apps again. I heard Google lost their butts on credit card processing fees!

Google should BUY somebody like Visa, MasterCard, Discover (probably a good one) or Amex.  They would wreak havoc on the WORLD by kicking these credit card companies where it hurts!

And no, I'm not kidding!

chrislk1986 said:   If I didn't already spend my hard time and missed phone calls downloading those albums back in 1999-2002, I might have considered buying some of those albums.
  Don't forget, back then even the "quality" d/l's we're rips of only 128 or 192kbps, not to mention with far less developed technology, so some of these might be worth the download again.
  Of course, you can upgrade all of your low-res tracks for free with iTunes Match if you know how, but not everyone uses iTunes obviously.

Right, now we will see free apps instead!  Woo hoo!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014