• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Front View of the computer
Disclaimer
HP Pavilon 14" Touchscreen Laptop Link 

Ok, I found a new HP Pavilon Touchscreen Laptop that has been marked down 30% that seems to beneficial since you get to type on-screen instead of with a keyboard. Think about it when you are using an iPad or Smartphone all in one with a laptop. This laptop has a 500GB hard-drive, intel 4400 graphics, and more. It's pretty good for 18 customer reviews and for a computer that used to be advertised at $800.

Check it out and tell me what you think

Member Summary

HP Pavilon 14" Touchscreen laptop
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

*500GB hard-drive

malice9999 said:   *500GB hard-drive
you are correct, error on my part

you are correct, error on my part

ASimmons451 said:   HP Pavilon 14" Touchscreen Laptop Link 

Ok, I found a new HP Pavilon Touchscreen Laptop that has been marked down 30% that seems to beneficial since you get to type on-screen instead of with a keyboard. Think about it when you are using an iPad or Smartphone all in one with a laptop. This laptop has a 500GB hard-drive, intel 4400 graphics, and more. It's pretty good for 18 customer reviews and for a computer that used to be advertised at $800.

Check it out and tell me what you think

Many years ago we bought 21" touch screen monitors for a medical office. Typing on a vertically mounted monitor or similarly positioned laptop screen is awkward. I can see using the touch screen if you are simply selecting a large tab but not for typing much. Now if this was one of those dual laptops where the screen detaches from the keyboard to function as a tablet, then that would make more sense.
The manufacturer's website even suggests "Tap, swipe and pinch your way through e-mails, paying your bills and listening to music."

That having been said, the cpu benchmark is OK at 3300.
18 months ago, I bought a similarly spec'd (NOT TOUCH SCREEN, more RAM) Toshiba 14" for about the same price after the usual Staples FW coupon this, coupon that.
14" full laptops with an optical drive do command higher prices.

Also OP might save FW readers some time by posting the actual $549 final price in the title  for those searching for a particular price range.

I'd rather buy Samsung than HP

danielsanish said:   I'd rather buy Samsung than HP
  Ok, where's the Samsung deal?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014