• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link to Lowe's website description 

Note:  Please check online if on sale at your location.  Doesn't seem to be nationwide.

I noticed on the Lowe's website for the La Habra, CA store that mulch was on sale for $2 for a 2 cu. ft. bag (regular price $3.33).  Went to the store and noticed that it wasn't marked on sale.  The garden department person said that, based on the info he received, it wasn't going on sale until 3/20.  I decided to check with Lowe's customer service.  The cashier looked it up and said that the sale price was already in the computer.  She thought it might be nationwide, but wasn't sure.  I bought a few bags at the sale price.

When I got home I decided to check some random locations nationwide.  Based on my quick check, this sale does not seem to be available at all Lowe's nationwide...mostly at stores in warm weather states.

Lowe's
Need a Lowe's coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

2 cu. ft. Red/Brown Premium Mulch, $2/bag
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$3.33 in SE Michigan (snow central)

Really a mixed bag (pun intended) of reviews from great to finding termites and mold in the mulch.

msrazzle said:   Really a mixed bag (pun intended) of reviews from great to finding termites and mold in the mulch.
  

I stopped using wood/pine bark mulch about 10 years ago when I found termites in my flower beds.   I would avoid using any wood-based mulch around the perimeter of any dwelling in zones inhabited by termites.

DUDSTER said:   
msrazzle said:   Really a mixed bag (pun intended) of reviews from great to finding termites and mold in the mulch.
  

I stopped using wood/pine bark mulch about 10 years ago when I found termites in my flower beds.   I would avoid using any wood-based mulch around the perimeter of any dwelling in zones inhabited by termites.


  You can use wood mulch, but it should be hardwood. Termites love soft wood and pine bark mulch.

Connman said:   $3.33 in SE Michigan (snow central)
  
If I sprinkle this on my snow over the flower beds, will it fall into place as the snow melts? Fellow Michigander....

letsspendlotsofmoney said:   
Connman said:   $3.33 in SE Michigan (snow central)
  
If I sprinkle this on my snow over the flower beds, will it fall into place as the snow melts? Fellow Michigander....

  
No, the mulch will stay floating in the air once the snow is melted from underneath.

ach1199 said:   
letsspendlotsofmoney said:   
Connman said:   $3.33 in SE Michigan (snow central)
  
If I sprinkle this on my snow over the flower beds, will it fall into place as the snow melts? Fellow Michigander....

  
No, the mulch will stay floating in the air once the snow is melted from underneath.

  
Cool. Magic mulch.  I've been looking for some of that.  Makes cleaning and planting a lot easier!

Looks like it's regional, still 3.33 in VA. I've used this brand many times and it's been vey consistent. I normally only buy when it's near the $2 mark since that makes it just about the same price as getting a yard (27 CF) in my truck. Then I can use a few at a time and it's easier to cleanup.

$3.33 in Vernon Hills, IL

3.33 in Alpharetta, GA

Holy Mother of Mulch! It's about to be Mulch Madness with 2 buck bags here at my house in Houston!!!

letsspendlotsofmoney said:   
Connman said:   $3.33 in SE Michigan (snow central)
  
If I sprinkle this on my snow over the flower beds, will it fall into place as the snow melts? Fellow Michigander....

  
Time to uninstall Minecraft!

Now if they only had some Red Green mulch, with a side of duct tape... I'd be All In.

These things normally go on sale for 4 for $10 both at Lowes and Home Depot. Reading the scary review of this Lowes products, I think I'll wait for the Home Depot 4/$10 sale. The tiny savings at Lowes is not worth the potential headache. I've bought both the red and brown mulch from HD and I would buy it again.

Opened up 12 bags of the red mulch, all we the same consistency, color, size, no bugs or mold. Ordered 12 more.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014