• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Canon CLI-221 Compatible Inkjet Cartridges Combo , Canon CLI-221 PGI-220 BK, CLI-221 BK, CLI-221 C, CLI-221 M, CLI-221 Y | Meritline.com
Disclaimer

Meritline.com
See Meritline.com promo codes that earn 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

canon
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't know if OEM carts are really 'deals' as I've had hit or miss with them.

forbin4040 said:   I don't know if OEM carts are really 'deals' as I've had hit or miss with them.
how would an OEM be a hit or miss? That is whats recommended. These are canon compatible re-manufactured cartridges.

Think you mean "non-OEM" carts. These carts are non-oem but they work fine. The only reason I stopped using them is they can't be refilled. Chip resetters do not work on these. So you get a single use rather than a cart you can refill many many times for pennies. By the way this isn't a hot deal as Meritline frequently has these at this price.

VirginiaDC said:   Think you mean "non-OEM" carts. These carts are non-oem but they work fine. The only reason I stopped using them is they can't be refilled. Chip resetters do not work on these. So you get a single use rather than a cart you can refill many many times for pennies. By the way this isn't a hot deal as Meritline frequently has these at this price.

The G&G have worked better for me than some others (I've bought from abcink which is the same as Meritline) but lately I've just been buying on Amazon in bulk for for about 35 - 65 per cart. Every once in a while I get a bad cartridge (doesn't recognize it) but who cares when I can trade it in at Staples for $2. On the same account I see no reason to pay to refill when you can make money by recycling them at Staples and not have to deal with the hassle of refilling them.

emp1 said:   
VirginiaDC said:   Think you mean "non-OEM" carts. These carts are non-oem but they work fine. The only reason I stopped using them is they can't be refilled. Chip resetters do not work on these. So you get a single use rather than a cart you can refill many many times for pennies. By the way this isn't a hot deal as Meritline frequently has these at this price.
The G&G have worked better for me than some others (I've bought from abcink which is the same as Meritline) but lately I've just been buying on Amazon in bulk for for about 35 - 65 per cart. Every once in a while I get a bad cartridge (doesn't recognize it) but who cares when I can trade it in at Staples for $2. On the same account I see no reason to pay to refill when you can make money by recycling them at Staples and not have to deal with the hassle of refilling them.

I actually found a way to refill these with no hassle and they don't leak. Yes you still have to get everything out and put it back when done but I can do all the carts at my bathroom sink in under ten minutes. I still enjoy it for some strange reason.

These G&G caused my Canon to break, I had been using the non GG brand for years with no issues then I ordered these because of a deal and a few weeks later the print head got clogged. Don't think it was a coincidence since I was using other non oem ink before.

I usually stick with the no-name brand one under G&G at Meritline. The times I have got G&G they seemed fine, but on one printer long ago the color was off so much I thought I had put the cartridge in the wrong slot. Nope... Sounds like Raistlin may have encountered something similar. Since they're so cheap and constantly on sale I'm going to hold out for the no-name to go on sale.
emp1 said:   

I thought at Staples you only get the $2 towards a new OEM cartridge. If that's not the case - good find! I've got an old bag Staples gave out for recycling with about 20 generics in them. Maybe they will be worth something after all!

TokiWartooth said:   I usually stick with the no-name brand one under G&G at Meritline. The times I have got G&G they seemed fine, but on one printer long ago the color was off so much I thought I had put the cartridge in the wrong slot. Nope... Sounds like Raistlin may have encountered something similar. Since they're so cheap and constantly on sale I'm going to hold out for the no-name to go on sale.
emp1 said:   

I thought at Staples you only get the $2 towards a new OEM cartridge. If that's not the case - good find! I've got an old bag Staples gave out for recycling with about 20 generics in them. Maybe they will be worth something after all!

It's $2 in Staples rewards so you can use it to buy anything at Staples including FAR items to turn it back into cash. Only problem is now you must spend > $30 on ink within 180 days to get the recycling credit. Still pays for itself in less than 1 month (20 carts if you have premier, 2 months if you don't, 10 carts)... You must not be on the Staples threads much cuz this is all over the place there, you should check it out.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014