• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.shoprunner.com/amazon-prime/ 

enjoy.

Welcome Prime members. We heard about the recent price increase and wanted to help. Shoprunner is offering a limited timeFREE 1-Year membership exclusively for Amazon Prime members who have not yet renewed their membership at the higher rate. 

Shoprunner offers the same Unlimited Free 2-Day Shipping you love, and much more. Plus, our promise to you: we wont charge you more than $79 when your free membership renews in a year and we wont charge your card automatically.

FREE 1-Year Shoprunner membership Sign up and provide proof of your Amazon Prime membership within 24 hours. This limited time offer is valid for Amazon Prime members who have not yet renewed their membership at the higher rate.

How to submit proof of Amazon Prime membership
 1. Go to www.amazon.com/gp/primecentral 
 2. Log in if necessary
 3. Click on "View printable receipt"
 4. Copy the full receipt.   
 5. Open a new email addressed to DoneWithPrime@ShopRunner.com
 6. Paste the receipt into the body of the email and hit send.     

Member Summary

shoprunner
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Good God no, of course not!

Last year I used Prime shipping maybe 50 times. I used Shoprunner twice. I buy products, not ... (more)

TellyTubby (Mar. 15, 2014 @ 8:30a) |

I'm trying this too.  Good idea!  Hope it works!

Fergus (Mar. 15, 2014 @ 6:33p) |

It's nice getting $3 off every dominos delivery order. Haven't used it for anything else.

TravelerMSY (May. 24, 2014 @ 9:36p) |

OR:  Complimentary Shoprunner membership with enrollment of eligible American Express card.
https://www.shoprunner.com/americanexpress/?optimizely_version=h...
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"This limited time offer is available only for new Shoprunner members."

Looks like this is only good for current Prime Members.

food1313 said:   "This limited time offer is available only for new Shoprunner members."
  didn't stop me...done it several times under different emails.  

mrdeucie said:   Looks like this is only good for current Prime Members.
yep, say you need to show proof within 24-hours.  I see it now.

prime not required...

Shoprunner works on Amazon.com??

daczilla said:   Shoprunner works on Amazon.com??
  No
Participating Shoprunner Stores:
https://www.shoprunner.com/stores/ 
All the stores combined, I don't order as much as Amazon.  I do use Shoprunner on Newegg & drugstore.com
I wouldn't PAY for Shoprunner.....

Sure I would rather pay $79/year than $99.. but I do use the Amazon Prime video on my Roku that saves me the Netflix sub.. so I look at it that I will still get prime video streaming at a Netflix price and free 2-day shipping.

very slick marketing

All stores with higher than average prices and profit margins for sure. If you shop at some of those, good on you.

Skulles said:   very slick marketing
  +1.  Good work by Shoprunner's marketing & PR people.

Don't forget SR is already free if you own a AMEX card.  There's a thread on FW about it.

Just signed up for complimentary service with my Amex card. It will help if I need something from Newegg.

Thank you OP

Free shipping at...Domino's? How does that work?

allowingtoo said:   Free shipping at...Domino's? How does that work?
  Free delivery

umm...I'm not finding " Click on "View printable receipt", help anyone? thx

Prime Capture.PNG
Disclaimer
comodosky said:   umm...I'm not finding " Click on "View printable receipt", help anyone? thx

comodosky said:   umm...I'm not finding " Click on "View printable receipt", help anyone? thx

You have to sign in to your account, 
click on "Manage Your Prime Membership"
under "Payment History"
"View Printable Receipt"
Voila!

I don't pay for either, but for me, I think Shoprunner is actually more valuable than Prime. I also order more from Amazon than SR merchants combined, but Amazon's "problem" is that they've got such a great and widely distributed infrastructure, that FSSS is usually as fast as ground shipping from any other merchant. And a few times I've used the "cheapo penalty box" where they seem to queue FSSS orders for a day or two to cancel the order and make a small change to it.

I know Prime offers other valuable benefits, those just wouldn't be worth much for us.

ph123 said:   prime not required...
  The promo says differently.

Mamzer said:   
allowingtoo said:   Free shipping at...Domino's? How does that work?
  Free delivery

And it's faster than 2 days =D

SlimTim said:   I don't pay for either, but for me, I think Shoprunner is actually more valuable than Prime. I also order more from Amazon than SR merchants combined, but Amazon's "problem" is that they've got such a great and widely distributed infrastructure, that FSSS is usually as fast as ground shipping from any other merchant. And a few times I've used the "cheapo penalty box" where they seem to queue FSSS orders for a day or two to cancel the order and make a small change to it.

I know Prime offers other valuable benefits, those just wouldn't be worth much for us.

I use both services as well and I agree with you for the most part.  Although Amazon customer service has always been great to me, Shoprunner's literal no hassle "print out a  free return shipping label at any time" policy really appeals to me when I use it. My biggest gripe with Shoprunner however is that although their merchant list is growing by the day, the merchants that are already participating in the program usually have limited items that are Shoprunner eligible. Say what you will of the "add-on" items at Amazon being a blessing or curse, but that greatly expanded the selection of free shipping for Prime - even if it required at least $25 purchased.

I followed directions and sent email, but haven't gotten a email response back. Is that normal? Am I supposed to sign up for Shoprunner first or something? Never used Shoprunner, and have Amazon student prime.

Get another 3 months added to the free subscription if you let Shoprunner connect itself to your Yahoo Mail or Gmail account, to enable ShopRunner Central. The inherent privacy intrusion of Shoprunner Central may not be to everyone's liking, so caveat emptor.

Personally, I'll take the privacy hit for a freebie. There is nothing sacrosanct in my shopping email.

Thanks OP, I'm in. I like Prime better than SR, but it's even betterest to be a member of both. Besides, it doesn't look bad on your resume either!

TheKuja said:   I followed directions and sent email, but haven't gotten a email response back. Is that normal? Am I supposed to sign up for Shoprunner first or something? Never used Shoprunner, and have Amazon student prime.
  You must sign up and you don't have to do it first. It worked with my Student Prime subscription.

TheKuja said:   I followed directions and sent email, but haven't gotten a email response back. Is that normal? Am I supposed to sign up for Shoprunner first or something? Never used Shoprunner, and have Amazon student prime.

They're probably hammered right now with requests; give it to the end of the day and hopefully everything should be ok.

I agree with the "what, SR works on Amazon?" question. Except for a marketing ploy, I don't see how one has anything to do with the other. SR has been for all intents and purposes free from the inception, if you were sufficiency motivated to look up the options.

SlimTim said:   I don't pay for either, but for me, I think Shoprunner is actually more valuable than Prime. I also order more from Amazon than SR merchants combined, but Amazon's "problem" is that they've got such a great and widely distributed infrastructure, that FSSS is usually as fast as ground shipping from any other merchant. And a few times I've used the "cheapo penalty box" where they seem to queue FSSS orders for a day or two to cancel the order and make a small change to it.

For me, Prime means that I can count on the package being on my front porch when they say it will be, or possibly earlier. Shoprunner packages seem to show up a day or two late here and there, which seems kind of odd--they all use the same shippers, so it almost seems like some retailers aren't as good about honoring Shoprunner 2-day shipping as Amazon is about honoring Prime 2-day shipping.

I believe it to be correct that Shoprunner is using this as ploy to get more business and to take business away from Amazon. If you look at the list of partners on the Shop Runner site, you will not find Amazon listed as a partner. So if you do much of your online ordering from Amazon and don't renew your Prime account - it may cost you far more that the price of Prime, unless you stop ordering from Amazon, or make sure all of your orders qualify for free shipping. I have had a Shop Runner account for about 9 months - and it formerly worked at Newegg, but now it does not show up in my cart or checkout anymore.

excoriatorb said:   Get another 3 months added to the free subscription if you let Shoprunner connect itself to your Yahoo Mail or Gmail account, to enable https://www.shoprunner.com/member_benefits/. The inherent privacy intrusion of Shoprunner Central may not be to everyone's liking, so caveat emptor.

Personally, I'll take the privacy hit for a freebie. There is nothing sacrosanct in my shopping email.

I don't believe I've ever heard that word before, so I just HAD to google it:sac·ro·sanctˈsakrōˌsaNG(k)t/adjective 

1. 1.(esp. of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with."the individual's right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct"
    synonyms: sacred, hallowed, respected, inviolableinviolateunimpeachable,invulnerableuntouchableinalienable; More

AlgaeEater said:   
Say what you will of the "add-on" items at Amazon being a blessing or curse, but that greatly expanded the selection of free shipping for Prime - even if it required at least $25 purchased. 

Most of it is bullshit. Numerous items that I have previously purchased with free Prime shipping that are now Add-On Items. And their price has increased since then. Many items are being sold in bulk packs, and unavailable or prohibitively expensive in smaller quantities. A tip if you want to buy an Add-On Item if you don't want to buy other crap to get to $25: find a filler item to increase the order to $25 minimum, and cancel it immediately after placing your order. I have ordered $2 add-on items before with this trick!

There are some low-price items that Amazon probably didn't sell previously, but there seems to be a roughly $4-5 price floor for third-party "fulfilled by Amazon" items. Of course, Amazon charges sellers for fulfillment and shipping services. But they have failed to drop this price floor even after designating sellers' items as add-on items, and the Prime-eligible sellers cannot be competitive with sellers who ship very low-priced items directly.

This is despite Amazon having switched to lower-cost shipping methods for Prime, now using regular USPS and even FedEx Smartpost for Prime shipping. While I didn't necessarily expect it, Amazon would often get items to me the very next day when I ordered using 2-day shipping. But these days if I order using 2-day or standard shipping, they'll wait around to ship the order as long as they can, then ship the order via USPS at the last minute to make the shipping deadline. Paying extra for "overnight" shipping usually just means that Amazon ships your order as fast as they can (not that they spend any extra on shipping). I don't like this approach of unnecessarily delaying orders particularly because things can happen with USPS and sub-standard shipping services like Smartpost, possibly resulting in your order being delayed.

Prime surely isn't what it used to be, and I probably won't be renewing this year. Shoprunner is kind of nice to have for free, but I wouldn't pay for it. It seems like vendors like to arbitrarily exclude categories or even individual items from eligibility for Shoprunner shipping. But I get it free for being an Amex cardholder, so it's great to have when I find qualifying items I want to buy from a SR merchant.

Sk8terboy said:   
excoriatorb said:   Get another 3 months added to the free subscription if you let Shoprunner connect itself to your Yahoo Mail or Gmail account, to enable https://www.shoprunner.com/member_benefits/. The inherent privacy intrusion of Shoprunner Central may not be to everyone's liking, so caveat emptor.

I don't believe I've ever heard that word before, so I just HAD to google it:sac·ro·sanctˈsakrōˌsaNG(k)t/adjective 

1. 1.(esp. of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with."the individual's right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct"
    synonyms: sacred, hallowed, respected, inviolableinviolateunimpeachableinvulnerableuntouchableinalienable; More

Heh. Yes, my email is not "too important or valuable to be interfered with." I know that there will be others who insist that theirs is. To each their own!

As an English teacher, I grade you A+ for using such a great SAT word!

I'm thinking Amazon is going to feel the pain of this blatant money grab...+25% is rather obnoxious to get nothing extra in return! I'll be non renewing mine just as a matter of principle, unless they radically increase the video on demand.

LOOPHOLE said:   I'm thinking Amazon is going to feel the pain of this blatant money grab...+25% is rather obnoxious to get nothing extra in return! I'll be non renewing mine just as a matter of principle, unless they radically increase the video on demand.

Prime started as shipping only in 2005 for the $79.  no one complained when instant video was added for free.  25% increase for 9 years plus the free video - still seems like a steal to me

Canucklehead said:   All stores with higher than average prices and profit margins for sure. If you shop at some of those, good on you.
You're a member of Fatwallet, and you've never shopped at Newegg?!?
A bunch of items at TigerDirect also qualify for SR.
No, I don't shop at either place weekly, but I do it enough that it's worth it for a FREE membership.  (I got mine for a buck.)
Heck, if you get free shipping ONCE, it's worth joining for FREE, right? 

I have Shoprunner through my American Express and about 7 out of 10 times Shoprunner will not ship the item because it does not qualify. Very limited and cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Prime which is the best period. Free is free and thats a great deal otherwise i wouldnt spend a dime.

Skipping 25 Messages...
It's nice getting $3 off every dominos delivery order. Haven't used it for anything else.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014