QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 2 Touchscreen 64GB 8" Tablet, Light Silver (59393611) - $299.00 w/ FS at Microsoft Store

First page
Last page
1 of 1
jessicadabears
3/13/14 8:43 PM
Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 2 Windows 8.1 Bay Trail Quad Core 64GB 8" Tablet, Light Silver (59393611) - $299.00 with free shipping at Microsoft Store

• 1280X800 Display
  • 64GB EMMc
  • 2GB LPDDR3 1066 MHz Memory
  • Windows 8.1
  • Bluetooth 4.0
Informant
3/13/14 11:33 PM
Not sure how this is a good deal? The 32gb version has been going for 199 with free shipping on both best buy and Amazon. So basically your paying 100 dollars extra for the 64gb version? Isnt it just cheaper to get a 32gb or 64gb micro sd card?
jessicadabears
3/14/14 1:52 PM
Informant said:   

Not sure how this is a good deal? The 32gb version has been going for 199 with free shipping on both best buy and Amazon. So basically your paying 100 dollars extra for the 64gb version? Isnt it just cheaper to get a 32gb or 64gb micro sd card?

You def may be right about buying the sd card, I have not researched that. This deal is going for $299 at Newegg as well, and about $350.00+ everywhere else..at least from what I found on google shopping, which is why I found it to be a hot deal.
coolbreeze
3/14/14 1:57 PM
Adding an SD card is nice, but not a real solution since you can't install apps to it easily.

If you are spending $299 on a Windows 8.1 tablet, your best bet is the 64gig Dell Venue 8 Pro from Costco. It's $299 and includes the official Dell case. 90 day return policy as usual. Love mine.
adorable
3/14/14 3:07 PM
Internet RAM is typically what many programs install to (ie. C:\ drive). Most programs can be installed to a MicroSD card, but some can't, if you have a 32GB Miix 2. Once you've bought a 32GB Miix 2 and activated Office, maybe stick in a few apps, you're looking at somewhere between 5-10GB of free storage space left on C:\ drive (varies depending on your OS updates, etc). That's fine for most users who only install small apps from the Microsoft Store online, but if you're trying to stick in Adobe CC, it may not all fit.

Alternatives include using portable/virtualized apps. If you virtualize Adobe Photoshop (eg. using ThinApp or Spoon), you can run it off any flash drive or MicroSD card without having to install it on the C:\ drive. Thus, you can have dozens of favorite programs from Firefox to Office 2013 to Adobe CC running off your big MicroSD card, and not touch the C:\ drive storage space.

---

Over here, running a 32GB Miix 2, simply activating Office 2013, installing all OS updates, and putting a few school films and files on the desktop results in about 2GB free. You can see how fast things run out. Everything else is sitting on a MicroSD card, and I haven't even begun to install any serious programs on the Miix yet (beyond Firefox, VLC, MPHC, Vegas Video 11 and Sound Forge 10).

---

There is the 'recovery partition' that's on the internal memory - you can choose to remove that to free up GBs more, but you won't be able to recover the OS should it crash without external backups.

---

See notebookcheck's reviews of the Venue, Miix, and Encore. Gotta watch out about the visible touchscreen sensor lines on the Encore (biggest reason I didn't buy it - all white turns into a grid pattern). Nor the Venue - runs far too hot and has touchscreen detection issues.

Miix 2 has my thumbs up as the 'best' available 8" tablet at a decent price point today - tossed out the iPad, Nook HD, etc. permanently once the Miix 2 arrived =D (Do pickup a <$10 Regular USB to MicroUSB (OTG) cable, too - you'll need it to hook up a mouse, keyboard, hub, printer, regular flash drive, etc.).
shunja
3/14/14 6:00 PM
I'd vote for the 64GB Toshiba Encore first, then Acer W4 64GB, which is available at Amazon for $299. Do not care about the rest.
First page
Last page
1 of 1
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.