Disclaimer
PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent - $42.44 - Amazon: Free Shipping

• Decorative outdoor bark deterrent with bird-house theme
  • Safe and effective bark control for all sizes and breeds of dogs
  • Range: Up to 50 feet (15 meters)
  • Ultrasonic correction; no collar needed
  • Detects repetitive barking; 4 correction settings
  • Durable and weatherproof
  • Uses 9v alkaline battery (not included)

http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Outdoor-Ultrasonic-Bark-Deterrent/dp/B000UZNLGA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top 

How it works:When a dog barks within the 50-foot range of the Outdoor Bark Control Deterrent, an internal microphone picks up the sound and activates the unit. It emits an ultrasonic sound. Most humans will not be able to hear this tone, but it can be easily heard by dogs. Startled by the high-pitched sound, which is safe and effective for dogs of all sizes and breeds, the dogs barking will be deterred. Dogs will soon associate their barking with the unpleasant tone, and will remain quiet to avoid the sound. When the dog stops barking, the ultrasonic sound also stops.The Outdoor Bark Control has three range levels to choose from, which indicate what distance the barking will activate the unit. The test mode will ensure the microphone and speaker is working. Low Range will protect up to 15 feet, and Medium Range will double that measurement to 30 feet. The Range will maximize the unit to 50 feet. You can use the device to deter your barking dog or your neighbor’s dog. You can also train puppies not to bark or deter barking on camping trips. With its unique birdhouse disguise, your visitors and neighbors will never know what you are using it for. *Please note: This product might not work on 10% of dogs, specifically dogs who's ears may be covered or down facing. The sound may not reach their ears enough to function properly. These dogs may benefit more from a bark collar* Up to a 50 feet range keeps all dogs within that range quiet.• A durable and weatherproof design gives you satisfaction in knowing your barking problem will be solved in any weather.
• A two-color good/low battery indicator lets you know when your deterrent needs a new battery. 
• Uses 9v alkaline battery (not included).

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wonder if this would work on the neighbor's dog? 

Hopefully it would! I am thinking of getting one, even though the reviews are mixed. The negative reviews are really not all that well written, as is often the case. There are many positive reviews that say it works, and that it holds up well in the weather. The biggest drawback is having to replace the battery often.

Joe, I have evil intentions towards my neighbor's two dogs...they are little yappers, and when she puts then out in the side yard, on MY side of course, they bark whenever we breathe. It is so horribly annoying.

This is such a good sale, I am really thinking of getting one! If I decide to, I'll let you know how it turns out.

CycleJoe and MrsF, When I read this post, I had EXACTLY the same thought. Where could I put this so my neighbors dog would shut up? Don't get me wrong, I am a dog lover, have had dogs most of my life and I wouldn't dream of allowing their barking to disturb my neighbors. I don't blame the dog, I do, however, want to slap it's master.

How is this any different from this one which costs only $7? http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Parade-Dog-Repeller-Training/dp/B000E8...

Convinced the Neighbors Train Their Dogs to do this irritating barking....even when I start my car in the driveway...DOG BARKIN'...

I got the indoor version of this product this weekend, way overpaying at Petco out of desperation...and it was worth every penny! Changed my crazy barking dogs' behavior with ultrasonic tones immediately...it took very little time for them to figure out not to bark. Amazing!

bestdealseaker said:   How is this any different from this one which costs only $7? http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Parade-Dog-Repeller-Training/dp/B000E8...
  There may be no difference, and as far as I can tell from the reviews, it is about the same. However, the unit I put on the deal, you are able to hang it up outside and the weather does not seem to affect it. That's a plus, especially for me and this rainy state. 
I really like that little unit you gave us a link to, and it would be perfect for taking along on my walks! There are a few very nasty dogs along the route. Three, I think. Two bark ferociously and are rather ominous and downright frightening. I always hope their flimsy wire fence holds up! So thank you for the link! Now I want one of each, and I most probably will get them.

I bought this a while back and didn't realize 1) it needs a clear line of sight to be effective, i.e. no wood fences, thick bushes, etc. to block it and 2) if the dog isn't facing the unit then it may not detect & respond. It's more helpful sometimes to talk to the neighbor directly and let them know that the dog is disturbing you. If they don't take care of the problem then you have the option in some cities to file a noise complaint. Dogs that constantly bark are a pain in the a$$ and I think of it as a lack of respect by the owner.

That's very true, LanceMan. Yes, you do have to hang it in the open for it to work best.
Unfortunately, some neighbors do not view their "babies" as a problem, since they are family members, too. This is my neighbor's view.
Filing a complaint here is like howling at the moon. Or calling enforcement, same thing. Call the Dog Catcher? What would I call him? LOL.
Being silly there, but they are so far away, nothing would ever be done about it. Meanwhile, summer is coming and those stinkin' dogs are always
outside, right on the fenceline on OUR side, of course. Barking at anything that moves, or at any noise, or any little puff of wind.

Does anyone know of a "super powered" version of this thing? I need to take care of the dogs across the street so it needs to work up to 200 - 250 feet.

LOL, Myers, I'm with you! If somebody would make a majorly enhanced version of this thing, it would sell like wildfire! With today's technology, you'd think it is easily possible!

To actually answer your question, I don't know of a super powered version.

To get a little more distance- I bet you could make a little cone/baffle an slap it on the front of this thing to channel the sound wave.

I like that...you gave me a great idea! THANKS!!! My idea is to get one of these, and turn it over to the Resident Tinkerer. I KNOW he can make this work better. 

Yesterday, on what was likely the nicest day we've had in a LONG time, it was almost ruined by the neighbors turning out their dogs in the side yard right next to us. Bark, bark, bark for hours. I am DEFINITELY ordering this, and the smaller unit Bestdealseaker gave us the link to. I have had it with those dogs. Our garden space is on that side, too, and I'm not listening to them while I try to work out there. GRRRR!! Irresponsible pet owners make me so mad!!! She apologizes for the dogs, but they're "Just being dogs." RIGHT! And she's just being a ..... GAH!!!

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and returned it. I tried it for a week on my neighbors 3 dogs, and it did not work. I then pointed the thing directly at my dogs in testing mode. They looked at me like "What... are we supposed to do something?"

Perhaps you received a defective unit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014