• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=nav_mas_flyout_bday 
EXAMPLES:
Sonic Dash Sega of America free
Asphalt 8: Airborne free
Animal Voyage: Island Adventure free
Terraria $2.99
Despicable Me: Minion Rush free
Man of Steel $1.99
Batman: Arkham City Lockdown $2.99  & many more

Member Summary

Amazon
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I guess you drive a Bugatti Veyron then.

embedit (Mar. 20, 2014 @ 6:13a) |

Why are you on this site?

chelciecl (Mar. 20, 2014 @ 4:21p) |

the same FREE apps have been FREE always...

marshmellobbq (Mar. 21, 2014 @ 1:38p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Aren't most of those usually free?

Oysterville said:   Aren't most of those usually free?
  Yes, they are at some point. I had a few from a year ago and got them free then.

The benefits for the deal this week:

"Amazon is celebrating the 3rd birthday of the U.S. Appstore and our customers are getting the gifts. This week, Appstore customers will find great discounts on some of the most popular titles in the store. Available today, you can find deals of up to 60% off on apps plus amazing promotions on in-app items for titles including Wheel of Fortune from Sony Pictures, Terraria from 505 Games and Warner Bros.’ Batman: Arkham City Lockdown. As an added bonus, for a limited time, customers who buy in-app items within select titles including Asphalt 8, Animal Voyage, Kingdoms of Camelot, The Hobbit, Sonic Dash, World at Arms and Despicable Me: Minion Rush will receive 50% back on the purchase price in the form of Amazon Coins. Customers can expect to see deals and FAD’s celebrating Amazon Appstore’s 3rd birthday running throughout the next 2 weeks. "

Link to deals: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=mas_d2?ie=UTF8&docId=1...

What are these? Games?

MisterApps said:   The benefits for the deal this week:

"Amazon is celebrating the 3rd birthday of the U.S. Appstore and our customers are getting the gifts. This week, Appstore customers will find great discounts on some of the most popular titles in the store. Available today, you can find deals of up to 60% off on apps plus amazing promotions on in-app items for titles including Wheel of Fortune from Sony Pictures, Terraria from 505 Games and Warner Bros.’ Batman: Arkham City Lockdown. As an added bonus, for a limited time, customers who buy in-app items within select titles including Asphalt 8, Animal Voyage, Kingdoms of Camelot, The Hobbit, Sonic Dash, World at Arms and Despicable Me: Minion Rush will receive 50% back on the purchase price in the form of Amazon Coins. Customers can expect to see deals and FAD’s celebrating Amazon Appstore’s 3rd birthday running throughout the next 2 weeks. "

Link to deals: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=mas_d2?ie=UTF8&docId=1...
 

I hate the entire concept of in-app purchases.  Thanks, OP, but no thanks, Amazon.

This was a nice surprise - I grabbed today's FAOTD, Sand Slides and got this emailed:
As a purchaser of a select app from the Amazon Appstore for Android you have earned a $1 credit valid towards Amazon MP3 albums or single songs at http://www.amazon.com/mp3. Limit one promotional credit per customer.

I don't see anything about it on the Sand Slides page, but a free buck is a nice bonus.

Hoogineer said:   
MisterApps said:   The benefits for the deal this week:

"Amazon is celebrating the 3rd birthday of the U.S. Appstore and our customers are getting the gifts. This week, Appstore customers will find great discounts on some of the most popular titles in the store. Available today, you can find deals of up to 60% off on apps plus amazing promotions on in-app items for titles including Wheel of Fortune from Sony Pictures, Terraria from 505 Games and Warner Bros.’ Batman: Arkham City Lockdown. As an added bonus, for a limited time, customers who buy in-app items within select titles including Asphalt 8, Animal Voyage, Kingdoms of Camelot, The Hobbit, Sonic Dash, World at Arms and Despicable Me: Minion Rush will receive 50% back on the purchase price in the form of Amazon Coins. Customers can expect to see deals and FAD’s celebrating Amazon Appstore’s 3rd birthday running throughout the next 2 weeks. "

Link to deals: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=mas_d2?ie=UTF8&docId=1... 

I hate the entire concept of in-app purchases.  Thanks, OP, but no thanks, Amazon.

  Wahoowa my friend, (and we finally won the ACC!)

What bugs you about in-app purchases if the title is free? Do you dislike paid-apps as a whole, I can see that argument.

Dont forget to add the free shipping for all apps purchases....

MisterApps said:   
Hoogineer said:   
MisterApps said:   The benefits for the deal this week:

"Amazon is celebrating the 3rd birthday of the U.S. Appstore and our customers are getting the gifts. This week, Appstore customers will find great discounts on some of the most popular titles in the store. Available today, you can find deals of up to 60% off on apps plus amazing promotions on in-app items for titles including Wheel of Fortune from Sony Pictures, Terraria from 505 Games and Warner Bros.’ Batman: Arkham City Lockdown. As an added bonus, for a limited time, customers who buy in-app items within select titles including Asphalt 8, Animal Voyage, Kingdoms of Camelot, The Hobbit, Sonic Dash, World at Arms and Despicable Me: Minion Rush will receive 50% back on the purchase price in the form of Amazon Coins. Customers can expect to see deals and FAD’s celebrating Amazon Appstore’s 3rd birthday running throughout the next 2 weeks. "

Link to deals: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=mas_d2?ie=UTF8&docId=1...

I hate the entire concept of in-app purchases.  Thanks, OP, but no thanks, Amazon.

  Wahoowa my friend, (and we finally won the ACC!)

What bugs you about in-app purchases if the title is free? Do you dislike paid-apps as a whole, I can see that argument.

WAHOOWA!!  A great weekend, to be sure.

I should restate that I have mixed feelings about in-app purchases.  Personally, in general, I'd rather an app cost something than have the cost hidden inside the game; the King games epitomize this.  True, not all games treat in-app purchases like this, but I'd rather know the true cost of content up front; I feel like in-app purchasing is the prime way to disguise that.

I would rather that these games cost something and Amazon discounted them this week (rather than discount the in-app purchases, which I won't see until I download and install them).  At least Amazon (unlike Google Play) clearly informs the user when an app is discounted (so you can discern whether an app is always free).

FWIW, I gave your post green.

MisterApps said:   The benefits for the deal this week:

"Amazon is celebrating the 3rd birthday of the U.S. Appstore and our customers are getting the gifts. This week, Appstore customers will find great discounts on some of the most popular titles in the store. Available today, you can find deals of up to 60% off on apps plus amazing promotions on in-app items for titles including Wheel of Fortune from Sony Pictures, Terraria from 505 Games and Warner Bros.’ Batman: Arkham City Lockdown. As an added bonus, for a limited time, customers who buy in-app items within select titles including Asphalt 8, Animal Voyage, Kingdoms of Camelot, The Hobbit, Sonic Dash, World at Arms and Despicable Me: Minion Rush will receive 50% back on the purchase price in the form of Amazon Coins. Customers can expect to see deals and FAD’s celebrating Amazon Appstore’s 3rd birthday running throughout the next 2 weeks. "

Link to deals: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=mas_d2?ie=UTF8&docId=1...

  I was going to buy Wheel of Fortune, but I noticed that is not a deal. $2.99 regular price on sale for $2.99?

60 minutes was interesting on Sunday night.  I did not realize they give you the free apps to sell your information to third parties.  This is how they make their money.  It said google and facebook do not sell their information because they want your information for themselves.

No opinion, just interesting.

Nancy1 said:   60 minutes was interesting on Sunday night.  I did not realize they give you the free apps to sell your information to third parties.  This is how they make their money.  It said google and facebook do not sell their information because they want your information for themselves.

No opinion, just interesting.
 

thanks for reminding me.  i checked my flashlight app, which granted: full network access, modify or delete contents of SD card, read phone status and identity, take pictures and videos, change system display settings, modify system settings, prevent phone from sleeping, and retrieve running apps.

what the......

i found a different flashlight app that i like better, and it happens to have fewer permissions, which is good.  now i'm wondering about all my other apps.
 

Yup. Always check permissions. Also read reviews, look for someone who has analyzed the permissions. On Amazon there's usually a reviewer hard at work doing that job and his reviews often get voted to the top.

Price tells quality. i dont buy cheap items

Minion Rush is always free
Not impressed with the deals

Bard's Tale for free is not bad. I already have it in Play Store. Now I can play it on Kindle, too...

lindadogdig said:   Price tells quality. i dont buy cheap items
  then I think you are in the wrong forum!

estiel said:   
Nancy1 said:   60 minutes was interesting on Sunday night.  I did not realize they give you the free apps to sell your information to third parties.  This is how they make their money.  It said google and facebook do not sell their information because they want your information for themselves.

No opinion, just interesting.

thanks for reminding me.  i checked my flashlight app, which granted: full network access, modify or delete contents of SD card, read phone status and identity, take pictures and videos, change system display settings, modify system settings, prevent phone from sleeping, and retrieve running apps.

what the......

i found a different flashlight app that i like better, and it happens to have fewer permissions, which is good.  now i'm wondering about all my other apps.

  the best flashlight app is tesla.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.fl...
the footprint is small (500K ish) and the permissions are slim.
it does a few cool things too...strobe, morse code, timers, etc.

another good way to know something is going in is the size of the app - a flashlight app that is 6MB is probably doing something shady, seeing as some can pack it in 500K or smaller with more functionality!

lemonhead said:   
estiel said:   
Nancy1 said:   60 minutes was interesting on Sunday night.  I did not realize they give you the free apps to sell your information to third parties.  This is how they make their money.  It said google and facebook do not sell their information because they want your information for themselves.

No opinion, just interesting.

thanks for reminding me.  i checked my flashlight app, which granted: full network access, modify or delete contents of SD card, read phone status and identity, take pictures and videos, change system display settings, modify system settings, prevent phone from sleeping, and retrieve running apps.

what the......

i found a different flashlight app that i like better, and it happens to have fewer permissions, which is good.  now i'm wondering about all my other apps.

  the best flashlight app is tesla.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.flashlight
the footprint is small (500K ish) and the permissions are slim.
it does a few cool things too...strobe, morse code, timers, etc.

another good way to know something is going in is the size of the app - a flashlight app that is 6MB is probably doing something shady, seeing as some can pack it in 500K or smaller with more functionality!

...and if you like small and free of excessive permissions but have no interest in a bunch of extra features, Lite LED is better.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.kissco.LiteL...
25K, only 3 permissions necessary to operate the LED, simple, and foolproof.

lindadogdig said:   Price tells quality. i dont buy cheap items
Reviews are a much better gauge of quality.

lindadogdig said:   Price tells quality. i dont buy cheap items
  I guess you drive a Bugatti Veyron then.

lindadogdig said:   Price tells quality. i dont buy cheap items
  Why are you on this site?

the same FREE apps have been FREE always...



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014