• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Speedpass customers can save 25¢ per gallon!*
Right now, you can sign up to save 25¢ per gallon for 60 days when you use your Speedpass device on fuel purchases at participating Exxon and Mobil stations.

Register for this special customer appreciation offer online.
Simply visit http://speedpass.com/save to register your Speedpass device between now and 4/30/2014. Then you have 60 days from the day you register to save 25¢ per gallon!!! 

Fine Print:
On next 3 fuel purchases, max 20 gal per purchase ...

Member Summary

Speedpass
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Ok, new to it all - had a couple Speedpasses sitting in a drawer for years, but never used them until now.  Is the .25 s... (more)

shampooguy (Apr. 14, 2014 @ 7:19p) |

You pay the full price at pump. At the end of 2 month period (from the date you subscribe), you will receive the total r... (more)

dhansookh (Apr. 14, 2014 @ 9:11p) |

Make sure your Speedpass is still active.  I logged into my account and one of my older Speedpass disappeared from the p... (more)

zgenerale (Apr. 15, 2014 @ 11:22a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks but closest station is 2 1/2 hours away.

....on next 3 fuel purchases, max 20 gal per purchase

Thanks OP!

shampooguy said:   ....on next 3 fuel purchases, max 20 gal per purchase
Thank you OP!  Updated the details ...

dhansookh said:   

Dhansookh, thanks for the deal. BTW, you are the OP (original poster).

So max savings are $15, if you have a 20 gallon tank on your car (or bring gas cans with you to the fill-up, I suppose). It's not nothing.

GREAT DEAL until you read the fine print..

FU Exxon!

Thanks OP!

washerdreyer said:   So max savings are $15, if you have a 20 gallon tank on your car (or bring gas cans with you to the fill-up, I suppose). It's not nothing.
  Agreed. But, in our area, Shell is always way too expensive (even considering $5 cent off Thursdays). So, for us, Exxon is always cheaper then Shell and this is icing on the cake ... 

Bizatch said:   GREAT DEAL until you read the fine print..

FU Exxon!

Save 25¢ x 60 gallons, net of $15. Mobil/Exxon may or may not be priced competitively in your area (they are in mine), but 25 cents off surely makes them the lowest price for three fill ups at least. This is easy money with no work involved. So what's the problem? 

yoregano said:   

FU Exxon!

Save 25¢ x 60 gallons, net of $15. Mobil/Exxon may or may not be priced competitively in your area (they are in mine), but 25 cents off surely makes them the lowest price for three fill ups at least. This is easy money with no work involved. So what's the problem? 

OK, I retract what I originally posted, now that I've gone back and looked at the previous promos.  This year's deal is actually pretty good by comparison.

The original was only 15¢ per gallon.  It was unlimited, but since my tank only holds about 10 gallons and I only fill it up about twice per month, this will actually suit me better.  Last year was also unlimited, but only 10¢ per gallon, so that was lame.

It's a bit of a pain that they reduced the promo period.  Originally signup lasted through the end of June, so you could get the discount through the end of August.  That way, I could get a full 60 days of discounts and DW could get a full 60 days of discounts, and even leave a gap of a week or so in between when I didn't fill up.  With signup ending 4/30, that means the maximum discount date is the end of June.  But because of the 3-fillup maximum, that's probably a moot point.

For me, anyway, this is still a good deal, almost certainly better than previous years.

Chris.

yoregano said:   

FU Exxon!

The problem is having more of your private data (check/bank card, etc) in Exxon's database.  Granted, they have most of your info anyway, or can easily purchase it from a personal data reseller.  Still, the more you can minimize the plethora of servers that have your personal/banking information, the better.  It's not worth the hassle or the $15 (or likely much, much less than $15).

Worth it for  us. We already have SpeedPass, but we rarely use it anymore because there are more options for other stations with often much cheaper prices. I just look at this as another option for 60 days. They get what they want by having me think of Exxon/Mobil for 60 days and I get what I want by saving a few bucks. Then I can forget about them again in two months.

Does anyone know whether you can combine this with your CashBack credit card, like PFU (5% for gas)?

I can't imagine why not. I'm figuring it will still earn points. based on the total amount of the sale. We've tied our SpeedPass to our Chase Freedom card, so I'm figuring it will.

spook52 said:   
yoregano said:   

FU Exxon!

The problem is having more of your private data (check/bank card, etc) in Exxon's database.  Granted, they have most of your info anyway, or can easily purchase it from a personal data reseller.  Still, the more you can minimize the plethora of servers that have your personal/banking information, the better.  It's not worth the hassle or the $15 (or likely much, much less than $15).

The things you describe have nothing to do with the actual deal. Sharing one’s personal info... unless you live off the grid, there are countless places that have your info, banks, places you shop, etc. I don’t see any greater risk with this than many other similar situations. Okay, maybe the value of this promo has downgraded compared to previous years, but it’s still a “free” $15 with no real work involved. Saying it’s "not worth the hassle" or that it’s likely “much less than $15” is just too much, that’s being ridiculous.

f2000sa said:   Does anyone know whether you can combine this with your CashBack credit card, like PFU (5% for gas)?

Absolutely.  But if you switch cards (for example, I'll be switching from Freedom 5.5% to SallieMae 5% on 4/1), they warn it can take a day or so to take effect.  Also, they only allow you to change the card every three days or so, IIRC.

Chris.

spook52 said:     The problem is having more of your private data (check/bank card, etc) in Exxon's database.  Granted, they have most of your info anyway, or can easily purchase it from a personal data reseller.  Still, the more you can minimize the plethora of servers that have your personal/banking information, the better.  It's not worth the hassle or the $15 (or likely much, much less than $15).
If you are already using Speedpass and Mobil/Exxon is price competitive, why is this not a good deal? 

cachen said:   
spook52 said:     The problem is having more of your private data (check/bank card, etc) in Exxon's database.  Granted, they have most of your info anyway, or can easily purchase it from a personal data reseller.  Still, the more you can minimize the plethora of servers that have your personal/banking information, the better.  It's not worth the hassle or the $15 (or likely much, much less than $15).
If you are already using Speedpass and Mobil/Exxon is price competitive, why is this not a good deal? 

If you are already using it, then I'd stick with it.  I don't think that the offer applies to current users though.  My main point is to consider the risk before jumping into offers that ask for your personal information.  If the payoff is worth the trade-offs, then do it.  Personal/private/banking/etc info is getting harder and harder, if not impossible, to secure.  IMO, $15 is not a good deal.  To others, it may be a steal.  Again, just my opinion.  Everyone has one!  Cheers!

geeesh,,, I am in Oregon and the morons here will not let you pump your own gas.. so things like this are worthless here.. but it looks like a good idea... but the discount is a limited time so after that... back to no discount?

spook52 said:   
cachen said:   

If you are already using it, then I'd stick with it.  I don't think that the offer applies to current users though.  My main point is to consider the risk before jumping into offers that ask for your personal information.  If the payoff is worth the trade-offs, then do it.  Personal/private/banking/etc info is getting harder and harder, if not impossible, to secure.  IMO, $15 is not a good deal.  To others, it may be a steal.  Again, just my opinion.  Everyone has one!  Cheers!

Yes, the offer most certainly applies to current users.  This is the third year for me.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I would suggest looking to history as a guide.  In my brief analysis, I'd say having card information on file at speedpass.com is 100% less risky than using a card at a brick-and-mortar store like, say, Target.  

It would be my contention that the vast majority of compromise of card data has been not from repositories like speedpass, but rather real-time data theft from card use at brick-and-mortar retailers, like Target, Nieman Marcus, TJMaxx, Michael's, etc. 

Chris.

TERRIFIC.....the less WE pay for gas the better no matter what means it must be to do so.....

retiredat44 said:   geeesh,,, I am in Oregon and the morons here will not let you pump your own gas.. so things like this are worthless here.. but it looks like a good idea... but the discount is a limited time so after that... back to no discount?

I don't get what it is about Oregon and New Jersey.  I really rebel at having to have someone else pump my gas.  I don't want that any more than having an elevator operator press the floor button for me, or having to ring up Mabel on the telephone to connect me to my party.  This is the twenty first century, for heaven's sake.  I wonder if Oregon and New Jersey still subsidize buggy-whip makers.  Anyway...

Yeah, the Speedpass is pretty much useless for me, except for the few months each year they run this promo, when I dig in my sock drawer, pull out the device and add it to my keyring.  Then after the promo, back to the sock drawer it goes.

Chris.

MIGHTYMACHONE said:   TERRIFIC.....the less WE pay for gas the better no matter what means it must be to do so.....

Huh?

Nice find OP, I'm definitely signing up!

You are currently registered for the Speedpass 25 cents off per gallon promotion

Thanks OP! (Maybe with the discount, the gas will be the same as the regular price as some of the cheaper-priced gas stations.)

cpaynter said:    
Yeah, the Speedpass is pretty much useless for me, except for the few months each year they run this promo, when I dig in my sock drawer, pull out the device and add it to my keyring.  Then after the promo, back to the sock drawer it goes.

Me too.

cpaynter said:   
retiredat44 said:   geeesh,,, I am in Oregon and the morons here will not let you pump your own gas.. so things like this are worthless here.. but it looks like a good idea... but the discount is a limited time so after that... back to no discount?

I don't get what it is about Oregon and New Jersey.  I really rebel at having to have someone else pump my gas.  I don't want that any more than having an elevator operator press the floor button for me, or having to ring up Mabel on the telephone to connect me to my party.  This is the twenty first century, for heaven's sake.  I wonder if Oregon and New Jersey still subsidize buggy-whip makers.  Anyway...

Chris.

And yet go figure even WITH those gas station attendants employed, NJ gas STILL sells for far less than PA, NY and even DE.

Almost more trouble than it's worth to save $15. Besides, Exxon is never the cheapest option in my area. 

The Exxon/Mobil Station 2 miles from my house is always the cheapest in my area.  In for a pair.

always had trouble with mobil. signed up with speed pass and was suppose to get a gift card for $25 with my first purchase, I never got it. I signed up for multiple savings which never materialized. Thanks but I'll stick with Hess, they are always five cents cheaper..

f2000sa said:   Does anyone know whether you can combine this with your CashBack credit card, like PFU (5% for gas)?
  yes, it just goes as a charge to your cc card from exxon pump

amhidogha said:   
dhansookh said:   

Dhansookh, thanks for the deal. BTW, you are the OP (original poster).

lol 

I don't understand -- if you're in NJ or OR why can't you swipe the Speedpass?  Just because someone else has to pump it doesn't mean you can't pay w/ Speedpass.
I've done these promos every year and have maxed out.  I liked those better cuz I just kept track of gallons and could fill up when I needed to as often as I liked to reach the 100 gallons.
I'm interpreting this promo to mean that its only 3 transactions and if you have a small tank you won't get much out of this deal.

I am a retired employee and your system will not accept my card number?????

Ok, new to it all - had a couple Speedpasses sitting in a drawer for years, but never used them until now.  Is the .25 suppose to come off right at the pump, or is there a rebate of some sort?

shampooguy said:   Ok, new to it all - had a couple Speedpasses sitting in a drawer for years, but never used them until now.  Is the .25 suppose to come off right at the pump, or is there a rebate of some sort?
  You pay the full price at pump. At the end of 2 month period (from the date you subscribe), you will receive the total refund on your card.

shampooguy said:   Ok, new to it all - had a couple Speedpasses sitting in a drawer for years, but never used them until now.  Is the .25 suppose to come off right at the pump, or is there a rebate of some sort?

Make sure your Speedpass is still active.  I logged into my account and one of my older Speedpass disappeared from the profile.  (It was there a few weeks before when I signed up for this promo).  I just ordered a new one (got it within a week, as even if it was active, I don't know where it was.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014