GUNS: Ruger LCP $259.99 Shipped @ PSA

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free shipping through Sunday

Don't forget that you may have to pay a local transfer fee when receiving.

$259.99

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ruger-lcp-380-acp-6rd.h...

Member Summary

Ruger LCP
Thanks ZombieHunter
Disclaimer

Ruger LCP
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for the input. I tried to get the local places to match before I ordered online. All they had to offer me was the... (more)

NicoleNYG (Mar. 27, 2014 @ 1:45p) |

There are a couple of ammo aggregators online: ammoseek.com is one I've used previously.

ltcm (Mar. 30, 2014 @ 7:57a) |

Thanks so much! There are 4 local gun shops and 3 big box retailers and not one box at any of them. What the hell is thi... (more)

NicoleNYG (Apr. 02, 2014 @ 9:34a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What is a transfer fee?
And I wonder if they ship the same day or next.

A transfer fee is something an FFL charges to manage the transfer and sale of a fire arm. They vary, but it could cost anywhere from $20-$50 on top of other fees.

yesidonoitall said:   What is a transfer fee?

You have to receive this firearm at a local Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder - use Gunbroker to find one close to you - http://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/dealernetwork.aspx

Rates are usually $15 to $45 depending on your area. I charge $25 for transfers out of my shop. 

PSA usually ships handguns UPS 2 Day, rifles Ground. 

BTW, this price is below dealer cost.  

Cashman said:   

You have to receive this firearm at a local Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder - use Gunbroker to find one close to you - http://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/dealernetwork.aspx 

Rates are usually $15 to $45 depending on your area. I charge $25 for transfers out of my shop. 

What a rip off, money to do what?
I thought you could just order a gun and get it.....
I have always got by word of mouth, not nothing, just pay and get it....

Good deal and yes should be "noidontnoitall"

yesidonoitall said:   

~~That is what the Anti-Gunners lie about, and obviously gullible people believe them... Sad. When you purchase a firearm on the internet, it MUST go to an FFL gun dealer, where it is recorded and a background check Is done on the buyer before the dealer turns it over to the buyer. If the buyer fails the check, they don't get the firearm.

yesidonoitall said:   
Cashman said:   

What a rip off, money to do what?
I thought you could just order a gun and get it.....

? You seem to have an incorrect impression of what a FFL is responsible for - 

- They are liable to ensure you can clear the FBI NICS background check to transfer you the firearm
- Ensuring you complete the ATF 4473 correctly
- Managing logistics for delivery and pickup of your firearm
- Liability of storing your firearm for the period of time between delivery and pickup. 

If you do not want to order it direct, you can always buy it from your local dealer. However, I guarantee you that this firearm will be $300+. 

Bought this a year ago. Good pistol. Good price. 

I see no such requirement on the site about them not sending it direct to  you right away...

I also own the Ruger LCP 380. Great gun for conceal and carry!

RE:
BTW, this price is below dealer cost

Well just like new cars.
There is a list listing the DEALER COST.
That is not the real net dealer cost...

yesidonoitall said:   I see no such requirement on the site about them not sending it direct to  you right away...
 Then you are blind. This is federal requirement. Either everyone here is lying to you or you're not smart on gun laws. Guess which one it is.

yesidonoitall said:   I see no such requirement on the site about them not sending it direct to  you right away...

Clueless, wherever you are.

You obviously have never bought a gun before, esp. off the internet.

Right from the website when you place it in your cart.

"5. Fill out your FFL’s shipping information. Put your name in the first and last name fields. Put your FFL’s name in the COMPANY field and fill in the remaining fields with your FFL’s shipping information."

Taco said:   

"5. Fill out your FFL’s shipping information. Put your name in the first and last name fields. Put your FFL’s name in the COMPANY field and fill in the remaining fields with your FFL’s shipping information."

RE:
5. Fill out your FFL’s shipping information. Put your name in the first and last name fields. Put your FFL’s name in the COMPANY field and fill in the remaining fields with your FFL’s shipping information."

Well apparently that transfers to:
There is anothers profit you must pay....
(there is no epxplanation of what this means:
5. Fill out your FFL’s shipping information. Put your name in the first and last name fields. Put your FFL’s name in the COMPANY field and fill in the remaining fields with your FFL’s shipping information."

There is a group of gun owners, at least 30 that meet at a local fast food place, they always said, want a gun, see us, do not waste your money buying from a gun dealer....
Now I know that is true, I do have one I bought from a friend, no big deal to get one that way.

Please please just stop with your ignorance.

Is it illegal to buy direct from the gun owner?
It surely is much simpler.

yesidonoitall said:   Is it illegal to buy direct from the gun owner?

Depends on the laws in your state, but what does that have to do with this deal?  This is for the purchase of a new handgun at a below market price.  Stay on topic please.

i own the LCP, the kel-tec belt clip fits it like it was made for it, they are about $12

This has got to be a troll......

yesidonoitall said:   There is a group of gun owners, at least 30 that meet at a local fast food place, they always said, want a gun, see us, do not waste your money buying from a gun dealer....
Now I know that is true, I do have one I bought from a friend, no big deal to get one that way.

WOW!!! They sell you a brand new gun, direct from a dealer, without a background check?   What state are you in that the Federal laws don't apply?

sure...in some states you can purchase a used firearm from a private individual....but that's not even close to the same as this deal (but you knew that already, you're just trolling)

yesidonoitall said:   
Taco said:   

RE:

Well apparently that transfers to:
There is anothers profit you must pay....
(there is no epxplanation of what this means:

Maybe you should have to have a minimum level of intelligence to purchase a gun - I'm not for more laws but just sayin......

yesidonoitall said:   Is it illegal to buy direct from the gun owner?

please go away

FFL also has to maintain records for a certain period of time, possibly indefinitely

Good deal, purchased one. Thank you, I have been waiting for a deal on this gun without the laser. Amazon has the lasermax laser for this for about $75.00. Any suggestions on where to buy ammo? Thats a rare commodity now a days.

I have the KelTec version. basically the same gun but always sells around this price. 

VirginiaDC said:   FFL also has to maintain records for a certain period of time, possibly indefinitely
  Till they close, then the records go to the feds.

Private party purchase is dependent on state law.
All internet purchases must go through an FFL.

In NC, it is not illegal to purchase a gun from a previous owner, put you must have a PPP ( Pistol Purchase Permit - obtained from the sherrif ) or a Concelled Hangun Permit.    Both results   in a NICS checks.  The new owner must take possession and save the PPP.  A bill of sale is highly suggested, both the seller / purchases keeping and signing the others copy.  If a gun is purchased out of state ( either in person or via the internet ) it MUST be shipped to an FFL and they handle the transfer.

Back to the LCP, it is a great little gun, some kick, but a great price.

Virginia doesn't require any paperwork for private party sales. I always make a copy of the buyer's driver's license though just in case there are any questions later.

Also IMO this is a difficult gun to shoot accurately since you are gripping the gun with only three fingers, it kicks hard, there are no real sights, and the trigger pull is long and hard. 

VirginiaDC said:   Also IMO this is a difficult gun to shoot accurately since you are gripping the gun with only three fingers, it kicks hard, there are no real sights, and the trigger pull is long and hard. 
  I have large hands, and only two fingers fit. I have no problem shooting it. Yes, it does feel like you are getting kicked in the crotch while shooting, but it's a small frame. The trigger pull is long and hard because that is part of the safety mechanism.

It is not a range gun,

it is a self defense gun. Some people don't realize this, and expect way too much.

NicoleNYG said:   Good deal, purchased one. Thank you, I have been waiting for a deal on this gun without the laser. Amazon has the lasermax laser for this for about $75.00. Any suggestions on where to buy ammo? Thats a rare commodity now a days.
  Gun shows usually have decent deals and plenty of ammo.

dougtaylor1 said:   
NicoleNYG said:   Good deal, purchased one. Thank you, I have been waiting for a deal on this gun without the laser. Amazon has the lasermax laser for this for about $75.00. Any suggestions on where to buy ammo? Thats a rare commodity now a days.

Thank you. I will have to keep my eyes open for some shows in the area.

NicoleNYG said:   
dougtaylor1 said:   

Know prices before you go. Unlike his opinion, every..and I mean EVERY... gun show I've been to the prices have been 30-50% higher then market value. You can find deals but it's normally only if you want a single shot .12 gauge or the like. That's the only reason I go,  I'd never go with the intent of buying a popular gun. I'm a rifle/shotgun man, don't care about handguns but if every booth at the show with a used marlin 336 30-30 is priced over $500, then something is very wrong.

NicoleNYG said:   
dougtaylor1 said:   

just print this deal and try your local gun shops, they might come,  close + FFL fees, or at least that's been my experience 

ZombieHunter said:   
VirginiaDC said:   Also IMO this is a difficult gun to shoot accurately since you are gripping the gun with only three fingers, it kicks hard, there are no real sights, and the trigger pull is long and hard. 
  I have large hands, and only two fingers fit. I have no problem shooting it. Yes, it does feel like you are getting kicked in the crotch while shooting, but it's a small frame. The trigger pull is long and hard because that is part of the safety mechanism.

It is not a range gun,

it is a self defense gun. Some people don't realize this, and expect way too much.

Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about. This is a close-quarters less than 15' distance self defense gun, not a long range hunter.

saladdin said:   
NicoleNYG said:   
dougtaylor1 said:   

Know prices before you go. Unlike his opinion, every..and I mean EVERY... gun show I've been to the prices have been 30-50% higher then market value. You can find deals but it's normally only if you want a single shot .12 gauge or the like. That's the only reason I go,  I'd never go with the intent of buying a popular gun. I'm a rifle/shotgun man, don't care about handguns but if every booth at the show with a used marlin 336 30-30 is priced over $500, then something is very wrong.

I ordered this deal from Palmetto. Like you said, I would not go to a show and expect good prices on popular items. I was wondering about finding ammo at a decent price. I think he was saying Gun Shows have ammo at a good price. Do you have any suggestions about ammo? All my local shops are constantly out of it.

skh12 said:   
NicoleNYG said:   
dougtaylor1 said:   

just print this deal and try your local gun shops, they might come,  close + FFL fees, or at least that's been my experience 

Thanks for the input. I tried to get the local places to match before I ordered online. All they had to offer me was the model with lasermax for 475 and tax. Like I just asked someone else, I am on the hunt for decent priced ammo. All my local shops are constantly out.

Skipping 2 Messages...
ltcm said:   
NicoleNYG said:   
skh12 said:   
NicoleNYG said:   
dougtaylor1 said:   

Thanks for the input. I tried to get the local places to match before I ordered online. All they had to offer me was the model with lasermax for 475 and tax. Like I just asked someone else, I am on the hunt for decent priced ammo. All my local shops are constantly out.

There are a couple of ammo aggregators online: ammoseek.com is one I've used previously. 

Thanks so much! There are 4 local gun shops and 3 big box retailers and not one box at any of them. What the hell is this world coming to? lol

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014