• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just received this in the mail.  Had my car in for service last week @ the dealer (warranty service ... don't worry) and got this mailer that I'm "eligible" for a free 2 month trial of XM Radio.

Interestingly, the deal also worked for my girlfriend's older vehicle as well (that was not recently in for service). 

You'll need your radio ID to "check eligibility."  (Instructions on how to get that are on the first page).  You do need to sign up for an account, but you do not need to provide a CC.  I did it over the phone, so I can't comment on how it works if you do it online.  If there's an issue, just call them - took me all of 5 minutes to get it up and running. 

Link here:  https://care.siriusxm.com/preownedvehiclestrial_view.action 

Member Summary

XM Radio Free 2 month trial
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I did this same deal last year and never received a bill after the 2 months.  They did send me ads to reup the service t... (more)

Izzletodasmizzle (Mar. 28, 2014 @ 12:32a) |

Silly Sirius. When I cancelled my portable radio two years ago they never turned off the signal so it still works. Then ... (more)

pitflyer (Mar. 28, 2014 @ 6:54a) |

Try using a different ZIP code.

DDoubleyou (Apr. 10, 2014 @ 8:46p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Took about 2 minutes online. Thank you

There used to be lifetime subscription for one price

Is it still around?

I think they stopped doing lifetime a loooooong time ago.

I could be wrong, though.

fleetwoodmac said:   There used to be lifetime subscription for one price

Is it still around?

Looks like they stopped doing lifetime subscriptions around 3 years ago
Linky

Thanks OP. Subcribed for 2 month trial online. Took me just couple of minutes, no issues with sign up.

you need to agree to the terms and they will bill you monthly after the trail if you do not call and cancel before the 2 months are over

cerich said:   you need to agree to the terms and they will bill you monthly after the trail if you do not call and cancel before the 2 months are over
they can't bill you as there's no credit card required.

Thanks OP!

Thanks OP! Signed up online. As already mentioned, no credit card required. Works perfectly!

HN101 said:   
cerich said:   you need to agree to the terms and they will bill you monthly after the trail if you do not call and cancel before the 2 months are over

They can still bill you...they can't charge directly to your CC, but if you agree to their terms and don't cancel, you are still obligated to pay the bill.  If you don't pay, then they will report the delinquency to the credit agencies and your credit score will drop.  They will send it to a collection agency who will call you relentlessly with their auto-dialers.  My suggestion, is you just cancel on time...it's way easier then the other route

I'm gonna tell you 1st hand from my experience it is not fun trying to cancel a membership with these folks. They keep you on hold for an extended period of time for no reason at all. Beware of this deal.

Iceaug said:   I'm gonna tell you 1st hand from my experience it is not fun trying to cancel a membership with these folks. They keep you on hold for an extended period of time for no reason at all. Beware of this deal.
Except that this deal (assuming it is the same as was posted several months ago) requires no credit card and there's not any billing. At the end of two months, your service just stops working unless you renew.

I'll have to try it for my 2 cars that have XM radios are inactive.

Update: it is the same link as was posted last year.

Repost

HN101 said:   

they have your address, they certainly can send you a bill....

they can't ding your credit card certainly, however you agreed to the terms, they send you a bil and keep the service on and you are liable for the charges.

Iceaug said:   I'm gonna tell you 1st hand from my experience it is not fun trying to cancel a membership with these folks. They keep you on hold for an extended period of time for no reason at all. Beware of this deal.
  I have heard that leaving them is worse than Vonage.
I would say just tell them you don't have a car anymore tho, right?

While I don't think posters above like Cerich are wrong, my experience with the free trials in the past has been more that the service just stops working. That said, I'll certainly put a note on the calendar and if it's still on after 2 mos. call to make sure they cancel.

Free 2 mos though ... worth a phone call. Maybe even a painful one.

Great find. Thanks!

1st - No CC required.
2nd - Don't give out your real name or address

They only need your RadioID. Why give them all the info?

When I tried to cancel 1 radio with them they transferred me to 6 different people during the process with each having me re-validate everything about my account, the radio ID and my password to try to cancel service on 1 radio. By the time it was said and done I had spent over an hour on the damn phone to just cancel 1 radio, I was so mad being questioned on why and their business practices I canceled every radio I had. I will NEVER do business with them in the future.

They were great until the takeover by Sirius and it went to crap, the service, the stations, the costs, and now all the damn commercials.

I call them every five months to cancel and have never had a problem.   As long as you do it a week I'm advance just to cover your butt.  

Fyi: they have a deal for something like $5 a month for five months and then it goes up after to like $14 a month.  I call then a we'll ahead and try to cancel and they always ask me why im canceling and i tell them stuff like commercials, and i drive alit threw downtown houston and the signal is terrible, and the only reason i use it is for long trips.   Then they tell me about a New deal they have and you just say that's still too much until they get to the $25 five month deal and that's a good one.  I've been doing this for two years straight and only had one snag two years ago when they said they couldn't give me the $25 deal so I cancelled it and they called me back a couple months later to let me know the deal was back on. 

Just cancelled my service. Wasn't too bad.

This is the route I used
1) I sold my car. I am not buying another car.
2) "Do you want another free radio to use anywhere, like home or office." No.
3) "Do you want Internet streaming radio to use on your computer." No.
4) Your service is cancelled. Since you sold your car we must cancel it immediately and post a credit to your account for the future (it was like 50 cents, since I cancelled two days earlier). I guess Sirius can keep my 50 cents.

In my case I *am* actually selling the car but will buy a new one...

Here is the easy way to cancel, have used it a couple times.

• Start a chat session, tell them you want to cancel
  • They will tell you to call the phone number to cancel
  • I tell them I no longer have a phone and to put a supervisor on
  • The supervisor has always canceled it for me

Not eligible, drats.

rmf1981 said:   While I don't think posters above like Cerich are wrong, my experience with the free trials in the past has been more that the service just stops working. That said, I'll certainly put a note on the calendar and if it's still on after 2 mos. call to make sure they cancel.

Free 2 mos though ... worth a phone call. Maybe even a painful one.

I did this on two of my cars and never had to call anyone to cancel. As you said, it just stopped working. But we can't be confusing people with the facts.

I did this same deal last year and never received a bill after the 2 months.  They did send me ads to reup the service though.

Silly Sirius. When I cancelled my portable radio two years ago they never turned off the signal so it still works. Then I felt bad and still paid for it in my car, but now I cancelled that since I'm about to sell my car (see avatar). Well, it's still working in my car. So whoever gets my car will have a free lifetime sirius subscription.. maybe I can put that on the list of perks?

polishdreamer said:   Not eligible, drats.

Try using a different ZIP code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014