• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Pogoplug Backup and Sharing Device
Disclaimer
Pogoplug Mobile (POGO-V4-A1-01)- $10.99 with free shipping from Essex Technology Group via Amazon. 3/5 stars based on 143 customer reviews.

• Continuous, centralized backup of all of your computers (Windows or Mac) and iPhone, iPad or Android devices
  • Keep your files safely at home but access or share them from anywhere
  • 60-second setup
  • No storage limits a
  • No additional fees when using your own external hard drive
  • No PC required
  • Includes 1 USB port and 1 SD Card Slot
  • 8 x 2.4 x 6.5 inches ; 8 ounces

Member Summary

Pogoplug Mobile (POGO-V4-A1-01)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can you use this without the cloud service and your own harddrive? The reviews of the cloud service are terrible.

In theory the Series 4 Pogoplugs can be flashed to boot linux. Once linux is up and running you can put any one of several different media servers on it.

However, the one time I tried this on a Series 4, despite following instructions to the letter, it bricked the Pogoplug into a state where it was not recoverable even by opening it up and using the on-board debug port. Judging from the comments I saw in a Google search, this is "not uncommon."

So caveat emptor in a big way if you want to try that.

Note that there are two different Pogoplug V4; the A1 and the A3. This is the A1 ("Pogoplug mobile".) It is the less desirable of the two, as it has only one USB port and no SATA port on top.

price up to 10.99

Thanks us, I updated the OP to reflect the price change.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014