• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just picked up a couple at the local Home Depot:
Cree TW series 60W-equivalent LED light bulb (13.5W, 800lm, soft white 2700K, 93 CRI, A19, dimmable) -- $7.97+tax @ HD B&M. It was ~$16-$20 before.

They also have the 40W-equivalent (8.5W 450lm) for $5.97 (B&M).

Similar threads: 1) a year ago (not TW), 2) 100W < $20, 3) a week ago (not TW).

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Was able to get them to pricematch the online price for CT Store at $3.97 per bulb... Bought 60. Great bulbs.

where did you get true white bulbs for 7.97?

I now realize the price may be state-specific, since it's not sold online and only available at B&M. I'm in CA.

The Alhambra, CA store has the 40w TW for $5.97 and the 60w TW for $7.97.  The non-TW equivalents are much higher prices so the TWs must be subsidized.  It looks like the HD stores in the west SGV area (from Alhambra to Pomona) have the reduced prices but the stores east of that (Ontario) and those in the LA county areas have the higher prices.  Maybe its Southern California Edison (SCE) that's subsidizing the bulbs in this area.

What zip code did you get it for 3.97?

I doubt they're subsidized -- TW is less efficient than the non-TW series.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014