• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Vintage Retro Classic Polarized Lens Trendy Wayfarer Style Sunglasses - 80 s Fashion - Mens or Womens - More Colors Available Black
Disclaimer
Vintage Retro Classic Polarized Warfarer Style Sunglasses $3.78 

Reviews are mixed with an average of 4/5 stars from 10 reviewers. May be worth a try for a spare pair at this price.

Member Summary

Sunglasses
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I'd be extremely leery of these cheap shades, they might do more harm than good...~~http://healthland.time.com/2009/08/0... (more)

LOOPHOLE (Apr. 20, 2014 @ 9:32a) |

I know you are sayin', I can read.  I do agree that cheaper is not always better.  However, my son does need a pair for ... (more)

cooper243 (Apr. 20, 2014 @ 9:44a) |

I ordered two pair from China and they are not polarized.  I contacted the seller and will request a refund.  I expect i... (more)

Qzic (Apr. 21, 2014 @ 6:01p) |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GlO2ZDwosQ

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

are these even polarized?

Do these not look similar AND cheaper?

Save 5% each on Qualifying Items offered by Collectors Paradise (US SELLER) when you purchase 2 or more. Enter code WLU8WGBD at checkout.

ahcool said:   Do these not look similar AND cheaper?
 $1.35 cheaper but ship from china.  takes at least 30 days for u to receive and sometimes never receive at all.

Thanks OP, bought them in white.

FYI these look like they ship from China too as it is a 17 - 28 day delivery window (at least on my order).

lavamatrix18 said:   Thanks OP, bought them in white.

FYI these look like they ship from China too as it is a 17 - 28 day delivery window (at least on my order).

  i bought 1 black and 1 tortoise from Collector Paradise (US seller).  my delivery date is friday 4/4 - wednesday 4/9.

the black look okay but the tortoise do not look very good.

sreeves said:   the black look okay but the tortoise do not look very good.
  I ordered the tortoise, I'll let you know how they are when they get here. I figure for this price I can always give them to my niece if I don't like them

This will make me looks like a blind person.

tougher said:   This will make me looks like a blind person.  How would they know?

ahcool said:   Do these not look similar AND cheaper?
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that "cheaper" is not always my priority when it comes to my eyes. just sayin'  

morecowbell said:   
ahcool said:   Do these not look similar AND cheaper?
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that "cheaper" is not always my priority when it comes to my eyes. just sayin'  

  Cheap sunglasses will probably do more damage to your eyes than without.

These are probably fake replicas just based alone on the price.

i'm always suspicious of sunglasses that claim 100% UV protection, expensive or cheap.

what is a sure way to find out?

badaboom said:   i'm always suspicious of sunglasses that claim 100% UV protection, expensive or cheap.

what is a sure way to find out?

  Buy it! and let us all know!

ShadowFax69 said:   These are probably fake replicas just based alone on the price.
the style IS that of a wayfarer pair of sunglasses. it doesn't say it's a name brand (B&L, oakley, persol, etc)  

so cool, good price!

morecowbell said:   
ShadowFax69 said:   These are probably fake replicas just based alone on the price.
the style IS that of a wayfarer pair of sunglasses. it doesn't say it's a name brand (B&L, oakley, persol, etc)  

  Do you honestly believe you'll get a name brand pair of sunglasses at this price?

I ordered one of these to keep as a spare in my glove box.

They are polarized. They are close in style but not identical to my genuine Ray-Bans. The lenses are a little larger and rounder. The genuine ones are more angular. Notwithstanding, I'm sure the different clones come from different factories and have different variations. Anyone who cares whether they are "real" will immediately know they're not, because Ray-Bans have the brand name etched on the lenses and engraved on the side of the glasses, and the clones don't.

They are functional. That being said, there is a world of difference between these and genuine Ray-Bans or other quality glasses. If you try them on at the same time, you will immediately understand the difference in clear, good, crisp, non-fatiguing vision that you will get from high-quality glasses.

I think they're fine as an emergency spare. For my needs and comfort, it was worth getting higher-quality glasses for regular use. I wear them so much, and drive so much, that a good pair of sunglasses are a good value. 

Amazon has tons of this style, at price points from $2 to $20-ish. Some are sold under Amazon Prime and allow free returns. If you want quick delivery, look for the ones from US sellers or shipped from the US. Mine were $3.50, Amazon Prime. They arrived within two days. From what I can tell, there isn't much of a difference between a $5 clone or a $25 clone. From the pictures and descriptions, if you're going to get one of these clones, you may as well get the cheaper ones and use the difference to save toward a high-quality pair of sunglasses. 

tougher said:   This will make me looks like a blind person.
          Your avatar makes you look like a dead person.

For the people asking about whether to trust knock offs for UV protection...
http://www.ksat.com/news/expensive-cheap-sunglasses-put-to-uv-te...

Most cheapo ones work just fine. In fact, some work better than the name brand. They say most eye doctors have a meter and will check the glasses for you.

ShadowFax69 said:   These are probably fake replicas just based alone on the price.
  I disagree, I think they are real replicas.

ahcool said:   Do these not look similar AND cheaper?
  It looks like these ones are bigger (60mm lens).    The OP ones are 50mm. 
I thought they were similar also.   But seeing how the same seller, Collectors Paradise (US SELLER), is selling both, I looked at the "specs" a bit more.   Not that it's 100% accurate .

ACandJVR said:   
ShadowFax69 said:   These are probably fake replicas just based alone on the price.
  I disagree, I think they are real replicas.

  Heheheheh!!!  Good one...  
I went ahead and order one pair, or is it a pair of one, or is it a pair, or is it one set, or is it one sunglasses???  ...  

ahcool said:   Do these not look similar AND cheaper?
  "$14.99" showing up for me when I click on your link, so no not cheaper.

ionxchanger said:   are these even polarized?
  That is what I worry on cheap sunglasses.  If they are not UV protected the dark lens allow yours pupils to enlarge letting in even more damaging UV light.

this is what im looking for

i got my glasses from collectors paradise today.  sticky labels said polarized and attached tag said it meet ANSI Z80.3 and UV 400.  they're bigger than RayBan wayfarer.

nice for cheap price i can keep one in car and one in bag.

I was close to pulling the trigger on a pair of real Ray Ban wayfarers to replace the aviators I've had for at least five years. Saw this deal and realized I had little to lose at $4. Sure enough I'm impressed with the visuals through these. They feel cheap, and if you look at the hinges especially you know they're knockoffs.

But the real version costs literally 20x as much on sale. Will these last as long as my last ray bans? Absolutely not. But I ordered them in tortoise and white because at around $14 total I can get a lot of use out of them. For reference the girl I've been dating said she thought I was wearing real Ray Bans until I said something and she felt them in her hands. That's good enough for me. And like I said, the optics are fine. I should know after spending way more on original aviators and even more on cycling glasses.

I got mine (tortoise) and they are fine for the price. Much lighter than real Ray Bans, and the hinges are plastic. I don't think they will last too long, but they are perfect for packing in a beach bag as a spare.

Got mine, they are definitively not polarized...they are just a pair of cheap plastic glasses... I will ask for refund. 

Fatito said:   Got mine, they are definitively not polarized...they are just a pair of cheap plastic glasses... I will ask for refund. 
  how do you know they're not polarized?  mine came with polarized sticky on one of the lenses.

nvm.  i went to this website and tested both of mine and they are polarized.  i did the computer screen test.

linrick said:   
Fatito said:   Got mine, they are definitively not polarized...they are just a pair of cheap plastic glasses... I will ask for refund. 
  how do you know they're not polarized?  mine came with polarized sticky on one of the lenses.

nvm.  i went to this website and tested both of mine and they are polarized.  i did the computer screen test.

  Thanks for the link!!  Oh yes, I tested them by rotating them with another set of polarized sunglasses that I know they are polarized, no change.  I did the LCD monitor and as well with the monitor filter and they did not darken these glasses.  So, I already submitted the request fro returning them.

By the way, mine did not had the polarized sticky.
 

Fatito said:   
linrick said:   
Fatito said:   Got mine, they are definitively not polarized...they are just a pair of cheap plastic glasses... I will ask for refund. 
  how do you know they're not polarized?  mine came with polarized sticky on one of the lenses.

nvm.  i went to this website and tested both of mine and they are polarized.  i did the computer screen test.

  Thanks for the link!!  Oh yes, I tested them by rotating them with another set of polarized sunglasses that I know they are polarized, no change.  I did the LCD monitor and as well with the monitor filter and they did not darken these glasses.  So, I already submitted the request fro returning them.

By the way, mine did not had the polarized sticky.
 

i bought from Collector Paradise who is a US seller for $8 (black and tortoise.)   got them pretty quickly too.  

Fatito said:   
linrick said:   
Fatito said:   Got mine, they are definitively not polarized...they are just a pair of cheap plastic glasses... I will ask for refund. 
  how do you know they're not polarized?  mine came with polarized sticky on one of the lenses.

nvm.  i went to this website and tested both of mine and they are polarized.  i did the computer screen test.

  Thanks for the link!!  Oh yes, I tested them by rotating them with another set of polarized sunglasses that I know they are polarized, no change.  I did the LCD monitor and as well with the monitor filter and they did not darken these glasses.  So, I already submitted the request fro returning them.

By the way, mine did not had the polarized sticky.

  Search for eBay listing # 271431742962, it is called Polarized Lens Test Card. It will be shipped from China but $0.99 its worth it to take that risk IMHO. I have this card and really helps, if the lens is polarized you will see a fish on the card

LongDongSilver said:   
morecowbell said:   
ShadowFax69 said:   These are probably fake replicas just based alone on the price.
the style IS that of a wayfarer pair of sunglasses. it doesn't say it's a name brand (B&L, oakley, persol, etc)  

  Do you honestly believe you'll get a name brand pair of sunglasses at this price?

i hope you're not asking me that...  

Thanks for the info on how to tell if they are really polarized!

I didn't realize that my pair wasn't polarized either.  I contacted the seller and they are reshipping me the "correct pair" today. Hopefully they'll send real polarized lenses. Mine didn't have a polarized sticker, so maybe it was just an honest order picking error. 
 

i have polarized glasses and love em

Skipping 10 Messages...
ahcool said:   Do these not look similar AND cheaper?
  I ordered two pair from China and they are not polarized.  I contacted the seller and will request a refund.  I expect it will cost more for me to ship them back to China than they cost.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014