Denon AVR-E400 $349.00 FS Amazon.com

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Denon AVR-E400 7.1 Channel 4K and 3D Pass Through Networking Home Theater AV Receiver with AirPlay
Disclaimer
This unit was $499.99 at Amazon just last week and while this receiver will soon be replaced here is a great deal for a unit that has:

Airplay
App control
7.1 surround sound
4K upconversion and 4K pass through
Audyssey Auto Setup and EQ 
Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM Streaming
6 HDMI inputs

Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7X2OTY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d... 

Member Summary

denon
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

so what if i buy it

For the sake of clarity, this receiver outputs 90 watts/channel RMS. Don't be fooled into thinking its 185 watts per channel.

True but watts are such a terrible way to judge equipment anyway which is why I never bothered mentioning them in my post.

thanks. In for 1

akbungle said:   True but watts are such a terrible way to judge equipment anyway which is why I never bothered mentioning them in my post.
Maybe, but this is an amplifier after all so this remains a key figure.

The back of the unit reveals a 460W supply, so even 90w per channel all driven and full range continuous is far in excess of what it is really capable of doing, though that would be a bench test and highly atypical of real world demand anyway. A few engineering thugs need to visit their marketing counterparts concerning the routinely misrepresented receiver output figures.

In 4 1 to replace the Onkyo HT RC-560 that I bought for $300 last month which already had the HDMI go bad. Went to return it to Newegg on the 30th day and when I called in, they told me that they don't stock this item any more so I'll be getting a refund to my CC.

Also picking up the 3 year warranty on Amazon for $28. As I found out, if I had waited 31 days to return the Onkyo, it would have cost me $24 shipping at my own expense just to ship it back during the 1 year mfg warranty. $28 covers 3 years and free shipping on repairs.

Seems to be $350.00 everyother site Newegg, B&H, Crutchfield etc. Which is the best site for max CashBack? Also, this doesn't have bluetooth.. Does adding an external bluetooth adapter lower the sound quality compared to built-in bluetooth. Which is a better bluetooth adapter.. Logitech anr Belkin HD? Thanks for the posting.

teijus said:   Seems to be $350.00 everyother site Newegg, B&H, Crutchfield etc. Which is the best site for max CashBack? Also, this doesn't have bluetooth.. Does adding an external bluetooth adapter lower the sound quality compared to built-in bluetooth. Which is a better bluetooth adapter.. Logitech anr Belkin HD? Thanks for the posting.
  I think you are right about the price it does look to be $350 everywhere now. Perhaps a price drop to sell through the remaining inventory or when one lowered the rest price matched. As for Bluetooth I bought the Belkin one and hated it, the sound was super thin. I did just buy this for some friends of mine and they seem to like it very much: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OBCAW2/ref=oh_details_o01... . It gets great reviews and I think is actually cheaper than the other two you mentioned. Good luck!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014