• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Even though the page shows it†ships within 2 - 5 weeks, normally ships in 1 week.†

Member Summary

Dell Venue 8 16 GB Tablet (Android)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I bought this direct from Dell a few weeks ago and it seems that there is a manufacture defect with the touch screen not responding at times (not sure if it is hardware or software). There are several people on the Dell forums that are having the same issue.

Here is the thread: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4585/t/19532599.aspx?pi239031352=1#20483321

AFAIK, there has not been a solution provided.

When I picked this up in late February it was $129.99 from Dell.

I snagged one of these back in November and I am happy with it. It runs pretty much stock Android, battery Life is Good, screen has a good resolution and sound quality is decent. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong.

Running 4.2? ACK!

I really like these. Not top of the line but very solid features for the money. Picked up a second for myself recently.

The Venues are cheaper at Newegg using the Vme promo (10% off) since the price is already $150 for the 16GB, or was last I checked.

This is about $20 too much for a slick deal.

coolbreeze said:   Running 4.2? ACK!
† There is an OTA update to 4.3 that pushes to it. Might even ship with 4.3 now.

GMY said:   This is about $20 too much for a slick deal.
††
OTOH, it'll help you lose $20 from your fat wallet.†

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014