• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
hi, I am looking for Samsung SSD, and found this. Some people said that Samsung 830 series SSD are more reliable than the new 840 series. 

Samsung do not make 830 series SSD anymore, because of cost.

here is the link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077CR6B0

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

ssd
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you want to spend twice as much, go for it.
Not sure what sort of reliability issues you're finding, but everything I've found says both the 840 EVO and the 840 Pro are solid. I think your 'people' are scared of the TLC modules that the EVO uses.
That and there's plenty of other reliable choices that are selling for half the $/GB than the 830 that you linked to.

It's not worth the premium.

The reason people say the 830 series is 'more reliable' is because of the type of flash it uses (MLC flash...you can google it if you want), whereas the 840 EVO uses TLC flash.

There's an 840 Pro version though that also uses MLC flash, so you might as well just go buy one of those.  It's a newer, improved drive over the 830 and, though it carries a premium compared to the 840 EVO, it's still less expensive than these 830s.

not worth it. just get 840 pro

IronTek said:   It's not worth the premium.

The reason people say the 830 series is 'more reliable' is because of the type of flash it uses (MLC flash...you can google it if you want), whereas the 840 EVO uses TLC flash.

There's an 840 Pro version though that also uses MLC flash, so you might as well just go buy one of those.  It's a newer, improved drive over the 830 and, though it carries a premium compared to the 840 EVO, it's still less expensive than these 830s.

Yes, as, that's what I heard. MLC are more reliable than TLC
so, 840 Pro > 830 > 840 evo

830 is cheaper than 840 Pro. I will avoid 840 eve, even it's may be cheaper.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014