• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Shop Scotts Snap 15-lb Broadcast Spreader at Lowes.com
Disclaimer

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Showing up as $10 now

$30 for me in florida

Thanks, OP.† Showing as $10 in Cookeville, TN, as well.† Just†bought one for in-store pickup.

DO NOT BUY THIS!!

All this does is force you to use Snap-Broadcast-Compatible products which are usually TWICE the price..

Avoid this gimmick!

Bizatch said:   DO NOT BUY THIS!!

All this does is force you to use Snap-Broadcast-Compatible products which are usually TWICE the price..

Avoid this gimmick!

††Darn, NOW you tell me!† (grin)† It was $10 in my local store, so I've bought one and am waiting for the pickup confirmation.† Do Snap-Broadcast-Compatible products ever go on sale?

for $10 I'd buy one, but all the stores around me are $30 (one is $50!) I think that if you bought this, you could buy ONE SNAP product, then cut the top off (of what looks to be a bag of sorts on the commercial) and fill up the bag with your own goodies! I do this with my lysol automatic soap dispensers!

Avoid this gimmick!

† Razor meet blades...

FauxCaster said:   

Avoid this gimmick!

† Razor meet blades...

††I'm waiting until the twin-bag spreader comes out before I buy one.

Avoid this gimmick!

†it's only $10 at my location.† and you can improvise by buying only 1 snap bag (fertilizer, etc.)† after it's empty, cut a hole about 2-3 inches on top by the handle and refill with cheaper fertilizers, etc.

Those of you that plan on buying this and "reusing" the bags- make sure you plan on buying one of each type of product you intend to use, since the distribution of said product is handled by the mechanism in the bottom of the bags, and the product contained therein is not always the same size- thereby affecting your distribution amount. There is no adjustment controls on these spreaders.

Better yet, buy this only if you have a small-ish yard that needs treating, and pony up the bucks to do things correctly, ie buying the product designed for the damn spreader- instead of possibly wrecking your yard by over fertilizing it to save $5 or dumping poisons into your local water table. /rant

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014