• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hope this is a new post.  If not, my apologies.
Just received this from Newegg:
Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 3.5 inch Desktop External Hard Drive STBV2000100 Black
$69.99
With Promo Code: EMCYTZT58958 

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

seagate
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thx op in for 1

Anyone know what drives are inside these??  I'm thinking about an Internal drive but for this price could open the external case and pull the drive.  Presume it's SATA but then again???

Thanks and sorry for the thread crap

Rick

Rick505 said:   Anyone know what drives are inside these??  I'm thinking about an Internal drive but for this price could open the external case and pull the drive.  Presume it's SATA but then again???

Rick

Pulled from Newegg reviews:
"Has a 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 inside, AKA Barracuda 7200.14"

good price thx

Amazon has a good price on the 4TB as well, 129.99.

Parthanon said:   Amazon has a good price on the 4TB as well, 129.99.
  I like the 4TB better, thanks

Sold out. will try Amazon, but wanted the FW Cash Back

BLASK said:   
Rick505 said:   Anyone know what drives are inside these??  I'm thinking about an Internal drive but for this price could open the external case and pull the drive.  Presume it's SATA but then again???

Rick

Pulled from Newegg reviews:
"Has a 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 inside, AKA Barracuda 7200.14"

Interesting! Twenty dollars cheaper after putting it in an enclosure. And the warranty becomes one year.

Just ordered.Strange is showed out of stock but came up with another seller but higher cost.After I entered code dropped price down and got Shoprunner option also.

I ordered from this link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178116

jjstokes said:   Just ordered.Strange is showed out of stock but came up with another seller but higher cost.After I entered code dropped price down and got Shoprunner option also.

I ordered from this link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178116

No work for me

FatBrewer said:   
jjstokes said:   Just ordered.Strange is showed out of stock but came up with another seller but higher cost.After I entered code dropped price down and got Shoprunner option also.

No work for me

Yea I went back to try it again with no luck..Think Newegg had something screwy since I also got Shoprunner as I should not of.

Amazon has it at $139.99. Did they increase the price?

Pgolnick said:   Sold out. will try Amazon, but wanted the FW Cash Back
  FW Cash Back wouldn't work anyway when you use coupon codes that don't come with the FW Cash Back symbol. They post and Newegg rejects them a few weeks later.

For those that bought this to remove the hd this have the OEM drive in it so no warranty is removed.It is as reported the Barracuda st2000dm001 72000 rpm drive.Mine has firmware CC49

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014