• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Zojirushi SM-KB48TM Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 16-Ounce/0.48-Liter, Dark Cocoa
Disclaimer
The Zokirushi SM-KB48TM Stainless Steel 16-oz. Travel Mug is on sale at Amazon for $25.99 with Free Super Saver Shipping on orders over $35.00

Note: This is currently out of stock, but may be ordered for future delivery.

Next lowest price on Google Products is $44.98 shipped.

4.7/5 stars based on 77 customer reviews on product reviews.

Linky

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
In my business, I pay them based on what they are worth and contributing, not based on their personal spending habits. B... (more)

mictester (Apr. 10, 2014 @ 10:12a) |

The 12oz version is on sale at Sears (I can't get a link to work - search zojirushi stainless mug 12 ounce) for $28. Pri... (more)

statuteoflimitations (Apr. 10, 2014 @ 1:28p) |

I love this mug!!! I got mine 2011, in blue, from a store in San Francisco Chinatown for $24!!! All other colors were ou... (more)

yuphehe (Apr. 13, 2014 @ 5:18a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nice one OP

$5.99 mug + $20.00 brand. yup, it is a deal. but not in the FW spirit.

BananaQ said:   $5.99 mug + $20.00 brand. yup, it is a deal. but not in the FW spirit.

Except $5.99 mug won't hold your beverage cold/hot for hours.  My mom has used her Zojirushi for years and never goes anywhere without it.  I personally use Contigo when I find them on sale at Costco.

I had coffee from 7am and left it on the counter -- coffee was scolding hot at 5pm

Raptor said:   ...coffee was scolding hot at 5pm

"How could you possibly leave me here all day long, do you know how hard I worked to bring you alertness and enjoyment this morning?  That's so disrespectful.  What would your mother think if she saw you leaving me on the counter like this?"

I'm trying to imagine scolding hot coffee.

Great deal OP.

I'm using this mug now. I know it's pricier than many competitors, but I thought it was worth the extra to have a quality one for something I use every single day.
Couple things to note: There are lined and unlined versions. I didn't want a nonstick coating that could potentially flake off, so I got the unlined version.
Also, the lid is very easy to disassemble and clean, unlike the other travel mugs I've seen with pieces that hold on to gunk.

For those looking for something that's in stock, or a few dollars cheaper, the Thermos Sipp mug also keeps hot for many hours, and is spill-proof. Amazon have it for $23.20 (list price $29.99). http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-16-Ounce-Vacuum-Insulated-Tumbler-...

Thought the price went up but Amzon price on the right is 25.99

Best. Mug. Ever. I love my multiple Zojirushi mugs. Lightweight (before you as liquid, obviously) and keeps your beverage hot all workday long. Thanks op, my wife was starting to eye one of mine for her own use.

ONLY issue I have is they're a little more involved when it comes to cleaning, but TOTALLY worth it!

For what it's worth, looks like they're back to $30-40

clin0048 said:   For what it's worth, looks like they're back to $30-40

On the right side, under More buying choices, you can see it's still $25.99 from seller, Amazon.com.

Is there any difference between this one and the one below?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PO9T6M

Thanks OP in for one. Still $25.99 at Amazon with prime!

Thank you. Ordered one. I am tired of the cheap ones I have that cannot keep anything warm for long.

got in for one as well.

I'm trying to imagine when I'd need to keep 16 oz of (insert favorite beverage here) hot for that long. But maybe it's just me who has no willpower.

Gergor said:   Is there any difference between this one and the one below?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PO9T6M

The difference is the one in the OP has a non-stick coating on the inside while the one you quoted has no such coating.

Dead..price back to 33.98

The $25.99 version now "ships in 2 - 5 weeks", so if you're patient this is still a great deal.  Thanks OP.

The $25.99 version now "ships in 2 - 5 weeks", so if you're patient this is still a great deal.  Thanks OP.

Add me to the list of believers.  I bought 1 late last year when Amazon had the $5 off coupon for this mug.  It keeps my drink hot for hours, even with the lid opened.  I just bought another one for my wife.

don't understand why you need to keep beverages hot/cold all day. Don't you usually drink your coffee w/in 30 minutes? And it's only 16 ounces

cr3s said:   don't understand why you need to keep beverages hot/cold all day. Don't you usually drink your coffee w/in 30 minutes? And it's only 16 ounces

Ditto on that plus I any employee who showed up in any of my businesses with a $25 coffee cup would forfeit any future raises for a decade just on principal . Those who believe and buy in to such nonsense are the same ones who are and always whining they desperately need a raise because they have no money or the ones who already have had to file bankruptcy due to their frivolous money management and we have to waste valuable times and resources dealing with the courts and court orders to garnish their wages.

cr3s said:   don't understand why you need to keep beverages hot/cold all day. Don't you usually drink your coffee w/in 30 minutes? And it's only 16 ounces
I bought a cheap one for my winter hikes. In less than an hour the hot chocolate/coffee would be lukewarm and the outside temperature was only around freezing temperature, not sub-zero. Not fun when you have a few more hours to go. I hope this will keep the beverage piping hot as others said or it will go back. Nothing frivolous at all if it works as advertised.

cnIsfg said:   
  Ditto on that plus I any employee who showed up in any of my businesses with a $25 coffee cup would forfeit any future raises for a decade just on principal . Those who believe and buy in to such nonsense are the same ones who are and always whining they desperately need a raise because they have no money or the ones who already have had to file bankruptcy due to their frivolous money management and we have to waste valuable times and resources dealing with the courts and court orders to garnish their wages.

In my business, I pay them based on what they are worth and contributing, not based on their personal spending habits. Besides, if we have to consider personal habits, shouldn't they get a raise if they found a Hot Deal on FW? May be they are sensible people and will find my business sensible deals as well.

The 12oz version is on sale at Sears (I can't get a link to work - search zojirushi stainless mug 12 ounce) for $28. Price shows up in checkout. Free Shipping to your local store as quickly as the same day (YMMV) and you can use SYWR points. This month alone they've sent me $10, 2x$7, and $5 in SYWR, so in case you have some spare points lying around.

I'm laughing now because someone said to OP that it's only 16oz and I was thinking that 16oz is too big for my needs ...

I love this mug!!! I got mine 2011, in blue, from a store in San Francisco Chinatown for $24!!! All other colors were out of stock. So if you happen to be in a Chinatown, maybe walk into random appliance stores. Very cool stuff

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014