• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I got a mailing today with a $10 rebate on the 2 pound container of OsmocoteŽ Plus Outdoor & Indoor Plant Food. Home Depot has it for $9.98, so it's free other than sales tax, and given that Discover has 5% back at Home Depot this quarter, that takes care of most of the sales tax. I could not find this exact product online at Lowes (they have the 3 pounder regular but the rebate is for the 2 pound Plus).

Home Depot has it for $9.98 for in-store pickup:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotts-Smart-Release-2-lb-Indoor-and-... 

WalMart has it for $10.46 with in-store pickup:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Osmocote-Plus-Outdoor-and-Indoor-Smart... 

To find it online, search on "scotts 274250" (Osmocote 274240 probably also works). I didn't see anyone with free shipping. If anyone finds a Shoprunner store that has it, please post.

Go here to generate the rebate form. It's limited to 20,000 requests.

http://www.plantersplace.com/rebate?utm_source=BenchmarkEmail&ut... 

Member Summary

plant food
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The status says the check was issued on July 1st.

jolapo (Jul. 03, 2014 @ 12:13p) |

Same for me. I had submitted the receipt that they printed out in store for my online order.

billrubin (Jul. 03, 2014 @ 1:23p) |

The same here. I got the check on July 3rd.

jolapo (Jul. 07, 2014 @ 3:18p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP! Limited to 1 rebate per household address.

Bizatch said:   Thanks OP! Limited to 1 rebate per household address.
  Yes, that's almost always the case and I didn't think it was worth mentioning. Also no PO Boxes except in ND - someone want to explain that exclusion?

Thanks, OP.  Signed up and printed one rebate. It's apparently sold out online at WalMart, but the B&M store here has it in stock.

Thanks OP.

Thanks OP. You're right. Lowes website carry the 3 lb version but rebate is for the 2 lb.

Thx, in for one with free pickup at my local HD.

Thanks billrubin - great timing! Use this all the time, and just added it to my shopping list.

printed mine... perfect timing... thanks for posting

thought it was going to go fast... still 19,529 remaining........

mmyk72 said:   Thanks OP. You're right. Lowes website carry the 3 lb version but rebate is for the 2 lb.
  I don't think it's the Plus variety there, either.

Printed my rebate. Excellent timing. Thanks OP.

Been looking for this, just ran out from the last rebate. Thank you!

It's what plants crave:  "confirmed animal carcinogens." Perfect for your local soil and water supply!

Received 4.9/5 stars based on 12 customer reviews on the product page.

PhattyPatty said:   It's what plants crave:  "confirmed animal carcinogens." Perfect for your local soil and water supply!

Pseudo-science at it's best. Follow the instructions and you're fine (and the environment will be too)!

Home Depot offers a 10% military discount (thanks HD), so in most states our veterans can be making a few cents.

Green for you OP

PhattyPatty said:   It's what plants crave:  "confirmed animal carcinogens." 

My recommendation that is that people should avoid eating this fertilizer.  For those who prefers natural fertilizer, I would also recommend that you do not eat the stuff that come from the tail end of a cow, chicken, or rabbit.  They don't taste good and the natural stuff really smell.

So I ordered this for in-store pickup at HD, and my receipt was printed on a laser printer rather than the normal register (but it looks like a register receipt, although it looks like a photocopy). The rebate form says it needs the original receipt. I wonder if I should send the online receipt instead, although the form says it wants the cash register receipt. Perhaps I should call and ask what to do.

billrubin said:   So I ordered this for in-store pickup at HD, and my receipt was printed on a laser printer rather than the normal register (but it looks like a register receipt, although it looks like a photocopy). The rebate form says it needs the original receipt. I wonder if I should send the online receipt instead, although the form says it wants the cash register receipt. Perhaps I should call and ask what to do.
  Good idea -- the rebate companies have many ways of denying a rebate. If they want a "cash register receipt" (whatever that means), and you give them something that doesn't match their secret definition, no rebate. Please share your discovery with us.

billrubin said:   So I ordered this for in-store pickup at HD, and my receipt was printed on a laser printer rather than the normal register (but it looks like a register receipt, although it looks like a photocopy). The rebate form says it needs the original receipt. I wonder if I should send the online receipt instead, although the form says it wants the cash register receipt. Perhaps I should call and ask what to do.
  Please keep us posted.

The rebate form doesn't say about the original UPC. Don't we need it to get the rebate?

IndianInUSA said:   The rebate form doesn't say about the original UPC. Don't we need it to get the rebate?

didn't last year. i don't think they want to get sued for injuries due to removal

Reply from the rebate processor:

Thank you for your email. Scott's does accept receipt copies, so your submission should process correctly. If you should receive a notification, or are not paid correctly, please contact us at that time.

So we should be good to go with the online or laser printed receipt. It is interesting that they don't ask for the UPC. I'd imagine it is removable without cutting into the container, but some people might not do it correctly.

Yes. You can cut the UPC easily and I am attached it.

this product from Amazon should qualify for the rebate right?

thanks OP

Today they reduced the price to $7.98. That's $2 MM (after MIR)!

IndianInUSA said:   Today they reduced the price to $7.98. That's $2 MM (after MIR)!
  'They' means HD.   I'll have to take it back for a price adjustment.

mmyk72 said:   
IndianInUSA said:   Today they reduced the price to $7.98. That's $2 MM (after MIR)!
  who is 'they'?

It appears "they" is the Depot.

I ordered mine online on Thurs. Email conf said $9.98, but when I picked it up an hour later I was only charged $7.98

This plant food has lots of nitrogen and potassium in it so it's good for herbs and other leaf-heavy plants. If your going to use this for a flower-type plant, get a type of plant food heavy on phosphorus!

9000+ rebates remaining expiring the end of June

finally got around to buying some.. now just need to mail that rebate in!

Has anyone receive a confirmation of rebate status?

Per https://scottsmiraclegrorebates.com/TrackaRebate.aspx, "You will not see your status information until it has been processed which is normally 6-8 weeks from your submission date."

Tomorrow is eight weeks from the date of the original post, and I haven't received any acknowledgement by e-mail ...

pokeineye said:   Has anyone receive a confirmation of rebate status?

Per https://scottsmiraclegrorebates.com/TrackaRebate.aspx, "You will not see your status information until it has been processed which is normally 6-8 weeks from your submission date."

Tomorrow is eight weeks from the date of the original post, and I haven't received any acknowledgement by e-mail ...

Nothing here.

Rebate will not print, only gardening page.

Haven't received an email but status says In Process.

Skipping 22 Messages...
billrubin said:   
jolapo said:   The status says the check was issued on July 1st.
Same for me. I had submitted the receipt that they printed out in store for my online order.

The same here. I got the check on July 3rd. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014