• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LTE Tablets also same price as Wi-Fi models... Free data. Finally un-leash from the chains of Wi-Fi.Who says you can only surf inside a 50-foot “Wi-Fi zone” in some coffee shop?  Your tablet should work where you are, like in the car or at a park.  Weren’t tablets meant to set us free?  We think so.Have a T-Mobile voice plan?  Bring, buy or trade in a tablet and get:

• Up to 1GB FREE 4G LTE data per month through 2014
  • PLUS up to 200 MB FREE monthly 4G LTE data for as long as you own your tablet
  • Existing T-Mobile voice plan customers: Get our 1GB plan FREE after a $10 credit

New to T-Mobile?  Just purchase a voice plan and get the same great deal!All with no annual service contract or overages.  That’s tablet freedom.

http://www.t-mobile.com/landing/free-mobile-internet-data.html?c...

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile discounts that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

tablets
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I can't find the LTE tablets for WiFi prices.  Nexus 7--$384--higher than retail.  16GB Ipad Air, $630.  Didn't go through all the tablets, but didn't see any I wanted at good prices.

This program doesn't start until April 12, so check the Tablet prices on Saturday.

Will they offer this for BYOD, there is the real question

From the fine print at the bottom of the page, the 1GB free data should be available for all postpaid users, if the tablet is on the postpaid account, until the end of the year. It technically is being added as an additional $10 credit (postpaid users are already getting a $10 credit for data plans on tablets), and you can use it on another plan if you want more than 1.2GB for your tablet -- this makes the 3GB plan $10/month or the 5GB $20/month. Of course, the 200MB is free for anyone with a qualifying tablet for as long as they own the tablet.

TmoNews has a full explanation of how the free data on tablets works.

If I understand that TmoNews article, everyone with TMO voice plan might as well go get a sim and they can get 1GB of free data per month.
This could go well with the Alcatel phone Target had for $40 last month.

Keep in mind the T-Mobile 5GB prepaid plan is $30/month. Using that with a six-inch phablet may be a better deal for many FW'ers, especially if you use VoIP or have a Page Plus phone.

If I didn't have Verizon grandfathered data, this wouldn't tip the scales for me. I've tried their throttled free international data - latency kills it.

Page Plus is $12/month, T-Mobile is $30/month and using a non-T-Mobile phone I get free tethering with the T-Mobile 5 GB of data. So, I would pay $42/month and have more data than T-Mobile postpay with this deal.

But this is nice if you need unlimited/unthrottled data and don't have a grandfathered Verizon plan. Then you get unlimited data on your phone and 1.2 GB of data so you don't have to tether as much to the tablet.

Sadly, T-Mobile coverage in rural parts of CA is dismal. So, I still couldn't use it even if I wanted to.

sir how much is the price of this tablet and shipping fee..

The 1GB free data is only for postpaid T-Mobile plans, so it won't work with the $30 plan (or any of their other prepaid plans). It states this in the fine print on the T-Mobile link in the OP. You can only get the 200MB of free data without a postpaid plan.

I travel to Europe often- can I put another SIM in the LTE tablet I buy from TMobile and use it? Or will this just work on TMobile network?

gjm00 said:   I travel to Europe often- can I put another SIM in the LTE tablet I buy from TMobile and use it? Or will this just work on TMobile network?

Yes, you should be able to put a SIM in from another country, provided the tablet is not locked to T-Mobile (most tablets are not carrier locked), so long as the tablet has the frequencies you need for that country. If you are on a Simple Choice postpaid plan, your phone will have free roaming in most other countries.

jhielannie said:   sir how much is the price of this tablet and shipping fee..
  $145.15. PM me with your credit card number so I can process payment.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014