• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I already have idrive account with 300GB for backup and 300GB for sync for $25 for first year. So I downloaded their Android app and I saw their new offer. 100GB for less than $1 per year. Here is the link http://blog.idrive.com/2014/04/09/100gb-for-less-than-1-per-year...

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

100GB for less than $1 per year (167.29kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I've used baidu (yun.baidu.com) 2 TB free, tencent (they have English page) 10 TB free, and qihoo 360 (30 TB free). Sadl... (more)

webdoctors (May. 05, 2014 @ 11:51a) |

so do I just download idrive from the google store, and then I will see the $1 fee for the year?

or do I have to get the ... (more)

CPAESQ (May. 05, 2014 @ 3:09p) |

Download and install the app, you should see it

Liveandletlive (Jul. 17, 2014 @ 6:28a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Android only

rated:
edit.. Great deal

rated:
ZombieHunter said:   Then they nail you for $50/yr after. Great deal, if you are only going to use it for a year.
  And, just to clarify: This amazing $0.99/yr pricing is permanent, not just for the first year.

rated:
jschuman said:   
ZombieHunter said:   Then they nail you for $50/yr after. Great deal, if you are only going to use it for a year.
  And, just to clarify: This amazing $0.99/yr pricing is permanent, not just for the first year.

Oh yeah, for the Android plan only... That is amazing...

rated:
I Like the price thanks

rated:
UPDATE
This offer is for 50GB of sync and 50GB of storage, so not quite a no strings attached 100GB but still not bad at all.

I am seeing 50GB for $1 per year through the app. I don't see the 100GB offer anywhere.

rated:
They say "Android only" Does it mean that it can only sync data with other Android devices, not a PC? If so, it is not very useful.

rated:
I believe once you are on the plan you can use any number of devices (including PC). But you can always chat with them and confirm. Also they offer iDrive Express where they ship harddrive for initial seeding of the data. I am not sure if this plan comes with that option or not. Again, you can chat with them and confirm.

I think I have not seen any better offer $1 for year for 50GB backup plus 50GB Sync.

rated:
Thanks for clarification. There is a russian service cloud.mail.ru, which offers 100GB for free.

rated:
supermax said:   Thanks for clarification. There is a russian service cloud.mail.ru, which offers 100GB for free.
  So they will not even need to hack the password

rated:
Can anyone recommend a cheap cloud provider that also supports Linux? Need at least 100GB.

rated:
Every time I look at cloud services I wind up back at dropbox
I would love to find something with more free space or less costly paid space
Most of the others I have tried are slower, do not support sync over LAN or are limited in what OS they support.

rated:
I agree, my favorites are dropbox, OneDrive, and Google drive.

rated:
mikelite said:   Android only
Wait .. it's call iDrive and you can't use an iPhone?? Don't tell Apple -   

rated:
I have been using iDrive for last couple months. Have not seen any issues so far. I moved from Mozy to iDrive as Mozy was too costly. Along with iDrive I also use dropbox (Got 25GB for a year as Galaxy S4 user), Google Drive and OneDrive (25GB free as legacy hotmail user). I have not noticed any issues with iDrive so far. JonnyRock - what exactly is the issue that you have noticed?

rated:
We need an Aggregator app that consolidates dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and iDrive into one virtual drive!
dallasburn

rated:
jschuman said:   

*until they change their mind

But seriously, companies have broken their promises before, especially when survival or greed take hold. Enjoy it while it lasts.

rated:
i need 20 TB for my movies..

rated:
IT'S GONE NOW?

rated:
dallasburn said:   We need an Aggregator app that consolidates dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and iDrive into one virtual drive!
dallasburn

Try Jumptuit.com.  Just read came out and read about it on CNET.  I provided the link below.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/get-one-stop-access-to-your-cloud-accounts-with-jumptuit/

rated:
dallasburn said:   We need an Aggregator app that consolidates dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and iDrive into one virtual drive!
dallasburn

StorageMadeEasy does it ... 3 accounts are free, low lifetime fee for more.

rated:
swl said:   
dallasburn

Try Jumptuit.com.  Just read came out and read about it on CNET.  I provided the link below.
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/get-one-stop-access-to-your-cloud-accounts-with-jumptuit/

Sounds interesting, but it seems you probably will have to spring for the fee-based service as the free one could be limited if you have a few accounts and devices.

Couple of comments on the article: "Cloud computing promised ease and convenience in accessing your data from any Internet-connected device, and it delivers on that promise. I love being able to access photos on Flickr from my phone or a friend's computer,..."

Ummm, looking at Flickr photos (or your pictures on Facebook) is not really "Cloud" computing, you could have done that for the last 10 years and other image-sharing sites have been around for 15 or more.

Also: "...there are apps for iOS, Android, and Windows devices"

So much for WP apps not being considered important enough to develop initially.

rated:
I've used baidu (yun.baidu.com) 2 TB free, tencent (they have English page) 10 TB free, and qihoo 360 (30 TB free). Sadly, 2/3 require knowledge of how to read Chinese ( i don't, but mouse clicking guess and test isn't hard, and they have clients for almost every platform).

I get great speeds of 4-5 MB/s down and 1.5-2 MB/s up (basically saturates my up/down pipe).

Paying for just 100 GBs, seems like a ripoff, what am I missing?

rated:
so do I just download idrive from the google store, and then I will see the $1 fee for the year?

or do I have to get the idrive for my computer first, then link this to my android phone for $1?

rated:
CPAESQ said:   so do I just download idrive from the google store, and then I will see the $1 fee for the year?

or do I have to get the idrive for my computer first, then link this to my android phone for $1?

Download and install the app, you should see it

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014